The Revenge of 13 Plats of Halloween (Sign Ups Closed)

I finally have an update worth posting about!

I was able to 100% The Walking Dead PS3 & Monster High!  I finally had enough strength to play Monster High again due to the wardrobe glitch. 

I also got the plat for Alice Madness Returns. But that’s going to stay at a solid 85%. 

Ill probably end up switching games. I’ve been thinking and I’d like to make Red Seeds Profiles my 300th platinum. So I’m not sure if I’ll get around to finishing anything else. 

• Like 1

Oh, you guys didn't mention that Friday the 13th puzzle game has a date-sensitive trophy. That puts me in quite the pickle.

1. The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep
  2. The Mummy Demastered
  3. Chasm
  4. The Forest
  5. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
  6. Night in the Woods
  7. The Walking Dead: The Final Season
  8. Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk DX
  9. Ghost of a Tale
  10. Oxenfree
  11. Overcooked! All You Can Eat

Overcooked fits the theme because not only are there ghost-themed levels, but you have to fight the unbread. I guess. They were a lot less prevalent than I expected.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

Main three:

Corpse Party: Blood Drive (PS Vita)

Alien: Isolation (PS3) :platinum:

Vampyr (PS4) :platinum:

The other ones (for now):

Corpse Party (PS4) :platinum:

House of Ashes (PS4), release 10/22

Alan Wake (PS5)

Those Who Remain (PS4)

Metro: Last Light (PS3) changing to The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) :platinum: which I finally finished on Grounded+ this weekend!

Yomawari: Night Alone (PS Vita) :platinum:

Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3)

Oxenfree (PS4) :platinum:

Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (PS Vita) :platinum:

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! (PS4) :platinum:

Edited by milk-aholic
  • Like 1

Second game finished, with Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! finished up.

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (44%)

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (100%) :platinum:

Mary Skelter: Nightmares (25% -> 67%)

Closure (23%)

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (1%)

Anna: Extended Edition (0%)

London Detective Mysteria (15%)

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (0%)
School Girl/Zombie Hunter (28%)

Nights of Azure (22%)
Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! (100%) :platinum:
South Park: The Fractured but Whole (0%)

Corpse Party (0%)

Working on Mary Skelter, though it's been a bit slow going through these last few dungeons. I did purchase Corpse Party with the -10% PS+ offer, and will probably play that one over the weekend.

• Like 2

Update:

I finished my 9. game: Daymare 1998.

The Trophy Guide on this site sums it up perfectly: If you ask your mom to buy Resident Evil 2 and she says "No, you have RE2 at home." that is this game.

The story and voice acting are c movie level, the characters look like mannequins and the graphical bugs are all over the place but the game has definitely charm and nails the atmosphere it is going for.

Trophy wise, half the trophies are rewarded for finding collectibles and easter eggs/reverences to movies. Then there is the hard mode (Daymare) playthrough. This was the hardest part for me, but I found a good playthrough on youtube, that helped me with that. Otherwise there is one trophy for completing the game in under 4 hours, which was easier then I thought it would be (I finished it in 3 hours, after my hard playthrough).

• Like 1

Hi, all finished my 9 platinum and to be honest... the last one :( I had a lot of fun and I played a lot of games in my backlog that needed to be done. Highly recommend ECHO, The Observer and The Darkside Detective. Very unappreciated games usually ignored that need to have more attention.

1. ECHO :platinum:

F9JVEAvt.png

2. Night Trap :platinum:

1Le8c055.png

3. Perception:platinum:

1Le48167.png

4. Observer: :platinum:

1La5888e.png

5. ZOMBI :platinum:

1L5fb206.png

6. The Darkside Detective:platinum:

1Lb8d03b.png

7. Afterparty:platinum:

XER19xDt.png

8. Indigo prophecy

9. Savage Halloween (84%)

10. Man of Medan

11. White night

12. Friday the 13 killer puzzle :platinum:

1Lc0642a.png

13. Need a packet? :platinum:

iqApsVAt.png

• Like 1

Finished up Mary Skelter: Nightmares for a third completion.

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (44%)

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (100%) :platinum:

Mary Skelter: Nightmares (100%) :platinum:

Closure (23%)

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (1%)

Anna: Extended Edition (0%)

London Detective Mysteria (15%)

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (0%)
School Girl/Zombie Hunter (28%)

Nights of Azure (22%)
Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! (100%) :platinum:
South Park: The Fractured but Whole (0%)

Corpse Party (0%)

At this point I think my limit will be at four or five completions, depending on how much free time I have over the weekend. Pretty decent for not completing anything on the list until October 19th ?

• Like 1

Done. It's over.

2. The Mummy Demastered
  3. Chasm
  4. The Forest
  6. Night in the Woods
  8. Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk DX
  9. Ghost of a Tale
  10. Oxenfree
  11. Overcooked! All You Can Eat
  12. Afterparty
  13. Pumpkin Jack

That was...exhausting, to say the least. Obviously, it helped that I was almost done with The Bard's Tale IV and The Forest before the event began, but all those games in two months took a lot out of me. I guess I owe it to you guys to let you know which ones I think are worth playing.

So, I actually liked all of these games, but I have some serious issues with Chasm and Night in the Woods. I think I "recommended" them in my checklist thread, but with an asterisk. I'd also asterisk The Forest, Overcooked, and Ayesha in that I think they're all good games, but only if you're into those genres. I'd also asterisk Pumpkin Jack because of the current price tag.

You know what you're getting with Telltale games, so I can skip the two TWD games.

The Mummy Demastered and Ghost of a Tale are (probably) grossly underrated.

The Bard's Tale IV is probably one of my favorite games this year. Oxenfree might very well be.

Afterparty is good too. I know some of you are doing that for this event.

Next year, Halloween, bring your A game. You never stood a what the fuck, I forgot to include Spiritfarer.

2. The Mummy Demastered
  3. Chasm
  4. The Forest
  6. Night in the Woods
  8. Spiritfarer
  9. Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk DX
  10. Ghost of a Tale
  11. Oxenfree
  12. Overcooked! All You Can Eat
  13. Afterparty
  14. Pumpkin Jack

... Next year, I'll learn to count.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 4

Final stretch, y'all.

Congrats @Cassylvania for wrapping up your list.

I just wrapped up my list as well.

Added The Addams Family: Mansion Mayhem. The most iconic (family-friendly) spooky family. The game is built to be up to four player co-op. The game is generally isometric and suffers from a distant camera, as a result. It gets repetitive pretty quickly. Also, the trophy for finishing a world without dying is tougher than expected for a kids game. 

Also finished up the last of the three set at the beginning: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. Took some will power to make it thru, but ended up not being so bad.  It is a stealth game with relatively short levels and weak combat mechanics. It was good for some jump scare thru. Sometimes a walker is waiting on the other side of a threshold and the came just pans straight on their face as you grapple with them. 

1) The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
2) Little Hope
3) The Walking Dead: New Frontier
4) Nier Automata
5) Slayaway Camp
6) Need a Packet?
7) The Innsmouth Case
8) MediEvil
9) Owlboy
10) Game of Thrones
11) Endless Fables: Shadow Within
12) The Last Dead End
13) The Addams Family: Mansion Mayhem

The list looks very different than I would have hoped, but Deux Ex caught my attention and soaked up much of September for me. A bunch of the games were added as a result of being completed during THL, saving the day.  

• Like 2

Final update and i didn't do well for this event :( i started MediEvil right after my last update was made but couldn't get into it. I don't like it, i finished just a couple of missions... I completed one playthrough of Dead Space 2 yesterday on Halloween but i need at least 2 more playthroughs to get the plat, that's as much as i expected i would get in this event regarding Dead Space 2... Furthermore i was busy with other not Halloween related games, especially Nexomon, over the last days but i'm happy with the games i played and finished :)

Final score:

1. Z-Run: 18/18 (100%)

2. Escape Dead Island: 61/61 (100% :platinum:)

3. MediEvil: 3/39 (7%)

4. Dead Space 2 DE: 41/51 (69%)

5. Magicka 2: 47/47

6. Yet Another Zombie Defense HD 28/28

It was cool to read all of your experiences and thank you @blu3st4rdust305 was hosting this event :)

• Like 1

Last update. I knew I wasn't going to get a lot done for this event, but you know what? I'm still happy with four games. Definitely trading one out for Carrion here at the end, probably Psychonauts, that's really pushing what a "Halloween" game is anyway. Final results below!

1.Sdf7a3c.png SAW - The Video Game

2.S24cf21.png Batman: Arkham Asylum

3.S01fefc.png Carrion

4.S1fc69a.png Savage Halloween

Do I really need to explain why Carrion is a Halloween game? It unashamedly loves the horror genre and turns it entirely on its head, making you the monster and loving every second of it. I actually played through this game already when it came out on the Switch, but I am SO glad I got to experience it again on PS4 to get the platinum for it. Absolutely lovely game, and I can't wait to see what more the developers do. Here's hoping for a sequel!

Savage Halloween meanwhile might juts be the best Halloween game I've ever played. It absolutely captures the magic of the whole holiday, as well as the old school NES/SNES/Arcade games that it's clearly taking influence fun. The gunplay is nice and tight without ever being stiff, the platforming is fun, the difficulty is challenging but fair normally, and if you really want a challenge, absolutely off the rails on Hardcore mode. I might actually write a guide for this since it's a relatively unknown game, and I had an absolute blast with it. Getting the platinum on Halloween is just an added bonus!

In the end, I'm sad I didn't get to complete my three locked in games. I did my best on Dead Space 3, but my co-op partner and I couldn't sync up our schedules quite right to get that part done, and I still have three playthroughs left after that. I'm hopeful to get it done soon, just not for October this year. Does that mean I don't get the badge? Kind of a shame. Oh well, I'm happy I played what I did all the same. Happy Halloween everyone!

• Like 2

Didn´t do so good in this event. Cleared only a few games in my list:

1. Vampyr :platinum:
2. Nexomon Extinction :platinum:
3. Corpse Party: Blood Drive

4. Mary Skelter

5. Nexomon :platinum:
6. Yesterday Origins
7. Plague Road
8. Corpse Party BR
9. South Park: the stick of truth :platinum:
10. South Park: the fractured but whole
11. Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity
12. Psychonauts
13. Akiba´s Trip

But congratz to all who finsihed their list. And a big thank you to @blu3st4rdust305 for hosting this event.

• Like 1

It's been a while, but I really do need to make mass updates on all the events I'm participating and hosting in the next 24 hours, and with my family expecting a potential visit from relatives today, It's safe to say that I need to stop my attempt at binging through my remaining games for this event. Pros: I managed to bring my total up to 8 completed games, including the 3 I originally committed to, and widened my gaming scope some. Cons: I wish I had planned things a bit better on my end though, I I found myself caught in the trap of wanting trying to plan my milestone 100th plat and working through this event at the same time, lol. It also doesn't help that a few of the shorter games I played that would have fit the Halloween theme perfectly didn't hit the 6 hour fastest minimum runtime, and I didn't take as much advantage of October as I thought I would. Oh well, lol. I guess there's always next year. ? I learned that I'm more open to spooky horror-based games than I thought, too. So, I don't regret any of the games I've played at all. :D

My final list for this event is below, with the date of the plat or 100% in parentheses. I ended up making a few swaps. So, for those that I did, you'll see a little explanation of how the game fits the event.

Final List of Completed Games for the Event:

1. (:platinum:) I Saw Black Clouds | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 100% (Sept. 7th)

2. (:platinum:) The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 100% (Sept. 24th)

3. (:platinum:) The Wolf Among Us | NA - PS3 | Current Progress: 100% (Sept. 23rd)

4. (:platinum:) Batman: The Telltale Series | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 100% (Oct. 3rd)

5. (:platinum:) Call of Cthulhu | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 100% (October 30th) 

6. (:platinum:) Slayaway Camp | (NA - PS Vita) | Current Progress: 100% (October 30th)

• You complete puzzles as a serial killer and complete "horror movies" in the process. This game was already completed by another participant for this event.

7. (✅) Gothic Murder: Adventure That Changes Destiny | (NA - PS4) | Current Progress: 100% (October 30th)

• Murder Mystery Visual Novel set in a 19th century Manor House. Features ghost stories, seances, and discussions of the afterlife.

8. (✅) Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 100% (November 1st - before the event closing time)

• Visual Novel where you are a newly turned vampire and must navigate vampire society and politics.

• Like 3

Well, I did my darnedest, but I was already pretty sure I wouldn't be able to cut it. Still, I finished a lot more than I thought I would. Thanks so much for hosting the event! I'll still go through the last two through November because the spooky season never ends.

Finished Games:

Control :platinum:

Castlevania Anniversary Collection ?

Dying Light :platinum:

Resident Evil :platinum:

The Walking Dead Season 1 :platinum:

The Walking Dead Season 2 ?

Overcooked! All You Can Eat :platinum:

Batman Arkham Knight :platinum:

Friday the 13th Killer Puzzle :platinum:

Soul Sacrifice :platinum:

Resident Evil Village :platinum:

Unfinished Games:

Tormented Souls

Castlevania Advance Collection

21 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Last update. I knew I wasn't going to get a lot done for this event, but you know what? I'm still happy with four games. Definitely trading one out for Carrion here at the end, probably Psychonauts, that's really pushing what a "Halloween" game is anyway. Final results below!

1.Sdf7a3c.png SAW - The Video Game

2.S24cf21.png Batman: Arkham Asylum

3.S01fefc.png Carrion

4.S1fc69a.png Savage Halloween

Do I really need to explain why Carrion is a Halloween game? It unashamedly loves the horror genre and turns it entirely on its head, making you the monster and loving every second of it. I actually played through this game already when it came out on the Switch, but I am SO glad I got to experience it again on PS4 to get the platinum for it. Absolutely lovely game, and I can't wait to see what more the developers do. Here's hoping for a sequel!

Savage Halloween meanwhile might juts be the best Halloween game I've ever played. It absolutely captures the magic of the whole holiday, as well as the old school NES/SNES/Arcade games that it's clearly taking influence fun. The gunplay is nice and tight without ever being stiff, the platforming is fun, the difficulty is challenging but fair normally, and if you really want a challenge, absolutely off the rails on Hardcore mode. I might actually write a guide for this since it's a relatively unknown game, and I had an absolute blast with it. Getting the platinum on Halloween is just an added bonus!

In the end, I'm sad I didn't get to complete my three locked in games. I did my best on Dead Space 3, but my co-op partner and I couldn't sync up our schedules quite right to get that part done, and I still have three playthroughs left after that. I'm hopeful to get it done soon, just not for October this year. Does that mean I don't get the badge? Kind of a shame. Oh well, I'm happy I played what I did all the same. Happy Halloween everyone!

Jesus christ dude how did you managed to do Hardcore with that Battletoads level?

Edited by MAUSZX

4 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

Jesus christ dude how did you managed to do Hardcore with that Battletoads level?

Ahaha, it wasn't easy, but it is the same every time. I just ran through only World 2 a few times to get the hang of it, and once you've memorized where you need to do long jumps and where you need to do short, it gets a lot easier. Another tip is to stay close to the right half of the screen: the extra room really helps out with the big jumps.

Well, the events over.

I wish I'd been more active and accomplished more but, amongst other things, I've been working more full-time to backfill a colleague.

Here are my results/changes:

4/13 done

Core 3:

1. The Walking Dead (Vita) - 0% => 100%
  2. Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight - 0% => 100%
  3. Gun Club VR - 11% - Has a mode with zombies as mobile targets; classic zombie action film stuff.

Additional 10:

1. Alien vs. Predator - 2% => 5%
  2. Beyond: Two Souls (PS3) - 30%
  3. Dead Rising 2 - 88%
  4. Destroy All Humans! 2 - 0% -=> 100%
  5. Saw - 24%
  6. Styx: Master of Shadows - 6% => 100%
  7. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - 33%
  8. You Are Being Followed - 0% => 23% <-- this was made ineligible since 50 people beat it in under 6 hours
  9. Zombie Apocalypse - 14%
  10. Zombie Army 4: Dead War - 0%

Thanks for hosting this event blu3st4rdust305!

Edited by masaru-san

Thank you for hosting the event. Was fun to go through some Halloween games but sadly I knew I wouldn't have have the time to beat 13. Knocked out 5 though so not bad.
Dying Light :platinum:
Halloween Forever :platinum:
Onimusha Warlords :platinum:
Zombie Driver Apocalypse :platinum:
Friday the 13th Killer Puzzle :platinum:

Congratulations to everyone who finished their list or most of.

• Like 4

1. Dead Space 3 (49/51)
2. Angels of Death:platinum:

3. Devil May Cry :platinum:
4. PLAGUE ROAD. ?
5.  Last Labyrinth => Dead Space 2 :platinum:? => Necromorphs in space!
6. TOUHOU DOUBLE FOCUS:platinum:
7. ODDWORLD: MUNCH'S ODDYSEE HD. :platinum: 
8. HUNTED: THE DEMON'S FORGE.

9. Deadpool :platinum:

10. Demon's Tier+ :platinum:
11. Alan Wake 

12. Pumpkin Jack

13. House of the Dead 4 ? - House full of zombies. I made it to 14th fastest time at 13 hours and 14 minutes. I guess playing this game in arcades when I was like 14 years old helped.

9/13 done

I put Dead Space 3 as one of my first 3 because I originally thought I would be able to get it done before Dead Space 2. Turns out I prefer replaying the last couple of chapters rather than quitting the game, copying over the save to usb, start the game, dies, quit the game, and then copy over the save from the USB to PS3. 

Thanks @blu3st4rdust305 for hosting the event. It was fun and I revisited a lot of games on my backlog but I should seriously try to catch up on sleep this month.

• Like 1

Spreadsheet has been updated. Please double check to confirm. Please voice any concerns prior to the end of November 7th. 

If you did not actively participate by providing updates at all, I did not check out the profile. 

I really appreciate everyone who participated, I enjoyed reading the progress/game updates. Some of the lists ended up looking really impressive for the short time frame.   

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

@Arctic Cress @blu3st4rdust305 @Caquis_1 @Cassylvania @DJ__Beatroot @DoctorDrPepper @droppingtherock @Evil_Joker88 @Fenrirfeather @Grotz99 @gruffiiti @HailHale81 @Ilzaki @InfinateEternity @Inuty @masaru-san @MattbluePT @MAUSZX @milk-aholic @MissShake

@Prometheous101 @reaperveteran86 @scarishbal @SpaceCoresDad @SupergiantStarr @Tenzai1980 @Yechan

Here are your badges for the Halloween event! I apologize for the delay. I have had a crazy month at work and also some complications with my desk set up at home that I was too burnt out to deal with for a while. I appreciate everyone's patience. I hope you enjoyed @blu3st4rdust305's reimagining of the 13 plats event. I wish I had been in a better place in time and could have earned that platinum badge myself! See you guys around!

Arctic-Cress.png blu3st4rdust305.png Caquis-1.png Cassylvania.png

DJ-Beatroot.png Doctor-Dr-Pepper.png droppingtherock.png Evil-Joker88.png

Fenrirfeather.png Grotz99.png gruffiiti.png Hail-Hale81.png

Ilzaki.png Infinate-Eternity.png Inuty.png masaru-san.png

Matt-Blue-PT.png MAUSZX.png milk-aholic.png Miss-Shake.png

Prometheous101.png reaperveteran86.png scarishbal.png Space-Cores-Dad.png

Supergiantstarr.png Tenzai1980.png Yechan.png

Oh hey, I got GOLD ?

Thanks to @blu3st4rdust305 and to @Spacey Dweeb for all. This event was very good, I played games that had been sitting in my HDD for so long, my HDD is happy I end up unloaded a lot of space from it lol.