PlayStation Showcase 2021

Abby_TheLastofUs

Thursday is the one day I'm guaranteed to get home late from work, so of course they always have these events on Thursdays.. Well, at least I can watch the higher quality version the first time around.

I 100% expect God of War. Would be a massive let down if it didn't show up here. GT7 too. 

Third party stuff like COD, GTA V (ps5 version), at least one of Forsaken/FFXVI, are likely..

I really hope to see at least one new first party PS5 exclusive game announcement. (and hopefully not a multiplayer game cuz I don't do multiplayer)

I'd love to see some PS4 gameplay of Horizon Forbidden West, which definitely won't happen, but hopefully we'll get some before at least the end of the year. I'm sure Sony isn't super eager to do so, because there's only so much you can do with old hardware, but it's only fair as I don't think it's bold to assume that the majority of the titles sales will be on PS4.

3 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Well that was extremely boring.

This.

Alan Wake I guess, but I have the originals and it's an Epic thing.

Spider-Man, sure, but that's in two years minimum and will be more of the same.

The rest didn't interest me.

Two new Marvel games from Insomniac, wow. That was unexpected. Gran Turismo 7 looks cool. God of War looks like God of War, which is good, I guess. Never played KOTOR, didn't care about the remake teaser. After the 956352th trailer, I don't want to see Deathloop in my life ever again. Also, too many remasters. Don't have anything to say about the rest of the games. They look fine, but I wouldn't play them.

All in all, an okay show. 

• Like 2

Just my quick rapid-fire thoughts after watching.

Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic Remake: Eh 6/10 may play it on sale

Project Eve - Not for me but people are going to LOVE her

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - Not for me. Cheeky trailer. But Borderlands humor :/

Forspoken - Not really for me. Better than their last trailers. May have an audience.

Rainbow Six Extraction: Not for me.

Alan Wake Remastered - Probably not for me.

Ghostwire Tokyo - Not for me. Too freaky. Will be a niche hit for some.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - Ehh, if it's great I'll play it when it comes to PS+

Vampire Blood Hunt: Not for me. I thought that would be Vampire Masquerade 2 with that trailer. I think some people will get hyped for that.

Deathloop - Not for me. But Arkane makes great games so it should be solid.

Tchia - FINALLY something more my speed. I'll 1000% play that.

Marvel's Wolverine - Wow. An Insomniac Marvel game. Hmm....

Gran Tourismo 7 - I think I wanna play my first GT since the Playstation 2 days!

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - I'll 100% play that.

God of War: Ragnarok - WOW! They showed A LOT. Atreus is growing up ? That's crazy. Looks phenomenal.

• Like 3

As someone who doesn’t play many AAA, I was really hoping for an update on their back end deals with indies, which they are supposed to be working on, or with ps+, ps5 availability or ps5 pro. Pretty much everything they showed looked nice, but… (and my 10-year-old self would punch me for saying this) I feel unimpressed? After the 4th preview of someone with a gun shooting at something, my wife asked if it was all the same game…

The showcase was absolutely terrible. They spent 35 of the 40 minutes showing games that we've already seen before. Only the last 5 minutes were good when they showed all exclusives.

No Metal Gear Solid Remake, no Silent Hill. As far as I'm concerned, those games don't exist, they are what they are and that's just rumours.

Edited by Cryogenicide_X
  • Like 2