PlayStation Showcase 2021

Abby_TheLastofUs

19 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Not a fan of the whole woke culture an all or  the obsession with inclusion but goddamn yall really reaching to look for stuff to be offended by just as much as they do it seems. I watched the whole thing and none of that shit even came to mind yet here somehow its turned into that. 

On topic though, I wasn't expecting much but I'd say this was a very good showcase and there was quite a few surprises. 

Exactly! I thought nothing of it when I watched it. Even when they showed Angrboda (brown girl) I thought nothing bad of it as she is literally a different color for every Norse story. She is White or Greenish in Norse stories. She was Blue in AC Valhalla. But now that she is brown people must have a riot over it… Get over it, it’s a fictional game of a Greek god In a Norse world.

• Like 3

I thought it was pretty good. Have to say that the PS5's early year line-up is looking much better than the PS4's did. I haven't been losing sleep about not being able to get a console but Forspoken and God of War had great gameplay trailers and Horizon 2 is sure to be a great game as well so in 2022 I reckon the PS5 will become worthwhile. Would be amazing (but expensive) if PS VR 2 launched next year as well. 

2023-2024 we should also be starting to see Sony's other studios start delivering new content and Final Fantasy XVI. Good times ahead for PlayStation gamers. 

6 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I had no expectations going in and even I'm disappointed lol. The only game they showed that I'm genuinely excited about is the Alan Wake remaster, but of course that was already revealed. Pretty much a theme for this entire showcase in fact. There was way too much Marvel shit and God of War: Ragnarok still has dogshit combat from the looks of it. At least that girl from the Project Eve game has a nice butt. :dunno:

1631221633213.png

You are a master sir!!!, project eve was the only game i lke it, i just lose the faith on Sony, i'm gonna have ps5 just for japanese games, what a shame this company , xbox the same.. just Nintendo works

Project eve and elden ring Goty

Edited by TheAbyssWalker61
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Typical boring presentation. Still waiting on when PS5 games will actually be a real challenge instead of being handed out like with Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and a number of other titles.

Nothing I haven't already seen before.

You are talking about the trophies though here surely? Enjoy the games man. Yeah rift apart was an easy platinum but it was a really good game. Fingers crossed these are too.

As for me, I quite enjoyed it. Lots to play i think 

Edited by Cleggworth

5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Typical boring presentation. Still waiting on when PS5 games will actually be a real challenge instead of being handed out like with Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and a number of other titles.

Nothing I haven't already seen before.

LOVE that Commander Keen avatar! :D Man, that takes me back. Wouldn't it be awesome if the entire Commander Keen series was released on PlayStation with trophies?

EDIT: Oh, and to actually add to the topic: I'm the most excited for Wolverine. I hope it WON'T be an open world game, and more of a Last of Us-type game. God of War Ragnarök looks good, but it's probably just going to be more of the same. Not that that's a bad thing, but still.

Edited by Maahniac

I mean, it was ok, I am really glad we got to see God of war gameplay. Ghostwire could be fun, only worried that the gameplay looks kinda repetitive and things could become dull really fast even if the world seems fun. Forspoken and Project Eve showed some stylish action, but you never know with this kind of games, could go either way.

Other than that, yeah there is Wolverine from Insomniac, but that game is labeled as "in development" so who knows how many years we have to wait for it, good to know they are working on it but hard to get excited for a game that is years away, even Spider-man 2 is quite far away, having a release date for 2023 (hopefully).

Also, as I get older I notice that is very rare for me to get excited about a game whose trailer lacks gameplay, FromSoft games are one of the few exceptions to this.

I really enjoyed the showcase. Just games, games and more games. The only problem I see is dealing with PS4 instead of going full PS5, some games look, well, ps4 games.

Star Wars KOTOR: Oh man. Oh man! I don't know hoy many hours I've spent on this game back in the days. Looking forward to it for sure.

Project Eve: It gave me some DmC vibes, pretty cool imo. Not a game I'd buy at launch but still good.

Tiny Tina's: Not a fan of borderlands, don't know why, but the game looks fun.

Forspoken: Don't know what was seeing, didn't knoiw about project Athia, but the game looks fantastic. Good job square-enix.

Rainbow Six: Again, not a fan of the game. It's an online only game? Sorry guys, I know nothing about r6.

Alan Wake: We already know but we were expecting it. One of the best games on x360. I'm buying it for sure.

GTAV: R* please stop.

Ghostwire: I don't know how to feel. The game looks cool but a bit ridiculous. Need to see more.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Just cool, nothing to keep me :O. It would be cool to play cooperative.

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodhunt: Another role game I loved as I kid. Sad we can't see the Assamita clan, that's the one I always picked. Not a fan of multiplayer games.

Deathloop: Just a meh for me, didn't like it when they showed it the first time.

Kid A Mnesia: What?

Tchia: Nice game to play if they put it on psplus.

Uncharted: Masterpiece, we already know. But was expecting a new game.

Wolverine: Too soon to say but... wow. Wasn't expecting another game from Insomniac, and I don't know why people love the wolverine, but I liked it.

Gran Turismo 7: Not a fan of car/racing games.

Spider-Man 2: Thought it would be a coop game with Miles Morales but then... VENOM!!! Oh man, I'm buying it day one.

GOW: This one is maybe the "worst" part of the showcase because the game looked so similar to the last GOW game. I think that releasing it on PS4 along with PS5 is an error. It looked great, Thor got me hyped and Tyr... Would play it for sure, but not at launch. Still have to play from GOW3 onwards.

Edited by breakXedge

I think it was really good, could be better with more release dates but maybe most companies want to avoid another Cyberpunk 2077 fiasco.

Pretty much interested in most of them besides GTA V (again really?) Uncharted, and the FPS shown.

I loved God of War but was kinda expecting a different game, looks too much like the previous (I'll still play the shit out of it though).

Can't wait to see more of Wolverine.

1 hour ago, Cleggworth said:

You are talking about the trophies though here surely? Enjoy the games man. Yeah rift apart was an easy platinum but it was a really good game. Fingers crossed these are too.

As for me, I quite enjoyed it. Lots to play i think 

We all enjoy a good easy game. But cmon, throw in some challenge in some of these damn titles. They're making them too accessible in my opinion. Challenges in games can be very good, especially if there are some trophies/achievements attached with them.

I haven't seen a single PS5 exclusive game that is actually a challenge. Returnal and Demon's Souls are the closest things I can think of.

1 hour ago, Maahniac said:

LOVE that Commander Keen avatar! :D Man, that takes me back. Wouldn't it be awesome if the entire Commander Keen series was released on PlayStation with trophies?

EDIT: Oh, and to actually add to the topic: I'm the most excited for Wolverine. I hope it WON'T be an open world game, and more of a Last of Us-type game. God of War Ragnarök looks good, but it's probably just going to be more of the same. Not that that's a bad thing, but still.

You have to be well in your 30s or older to know who Commander Keen was. A relic from a different era and generation. Sadly, Keen isn't popular enough to probably warrant a PS release. Quake came out because it was a huge sensation back in the day. I'm definitely glad to see that get re-released.

Now if they come out with Blood: Fresh Supply on PlayStation, I will be fucking stoked.

7 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Not a fan of the whole woke culture an all or the obsession with inclusion but goddamn yall really reaching to look for stuff to be offended by just as much as they do it seems. I watched the whole thing and none of that shit even came to mind yet here somehow its turned into that. 

On topic though, I wasn't expecting much but I'd say this was a very good showcase and there was quite a few surprises. 

Seems like you replied to a wrong person, because Abby wasn't the one who was offended by those images, lmao

12 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

The showcase was absolutely terrible. They spent 35 of the 40 minutes showing games that we've already seen before. Only the last 5 minutes were good when they showed all exclusives.

No Metal Gear Solid Remake, no Silent Hill. As far as I'm concerned, those games don't exist, they are what they are and that's just rumours.

Sure, they're gonna announce a game, then never ever mention it ever again on any showcase, because "you already saw it before, so who cares now"?

Also... what??? KOTOR remake, Project Eve, Wonderlands, Alan Wake, Bloodhunt, Tchia, Wolverine, these were all games that we **didn't already seen before** and if you went to school and learned how to count, they don't add up to 5 minutes of 40 minute long presentation. So you're either blatantly trolling or can't put words well together at all. But sure, we couldn't have a thread like this without baseless negativity.

1 hour ago, Varhur said:

Sure, they're gonna announce a game, then never ever mention it ever again on any showcase, because "you already saw it before, so who cares now"?

Also... what??? KOTOR remake, Project Eve, Wonderlands, Alan Wake, Bloodhunt, Tchia, Wolverine, these were all games that we **didn't already seen before** and if you went to school and learned how to count, they don't add up to 5 minutes of 40 minute long presentation. So you're either blatantly trolling or can't put words well together at all. But sure, we couldn't have a thread like this without baseless negativity.

And if you went to school and learned how to read you'll see that you got what I said wrong. I said it was only the last 5 minutes of the show that was the games that were the exclusives, they saved it till last. The other 35 minutes were games we heard about before. Even the exclusives like spiderman we knew was coming and GOW. The only genuine surprise was Wolverine. 

The fact that you had to take a dig at my post shows what a moron you are, there's plenty of other people in this thread who threw shots at this event. Go fucking bother them instead. What's wrong? Can't stand negativity or the truth?

People like you who read people's comments and have to fire shots make me sick, it's called opinions. If that's what I thought of the showcase, that's what I thought. If you don't like it fuck off. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

2 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

And if you went to school and learned how to read you'll see that you got what I said wrong. I said it was only the last 5 minutes of the show that was the games that were the exclusives, they saved it till last. The other 35 minutes were games we heard about before. Even the exclusives like spiderman we knew was coming and GOW. The only genuine surprise was Wolverine. 

The fact that you had to take a dig at my post shows what a moron you are, there's plenty of other people in this thread who threw shots at this event. Go fucking bother them instead. What's wrong? Can't stand negativity or the truth?

People like you who read people's comments and have to fire shots make me sick, it's called opinions. If that's what I thought of the showcase, that's what I thought. If you don't like it fuck off. 

Your post stuck out to me and the bigot already got a dozen replies, so don't care about making another reply to them, I saw your post earlier, replied now and suddenly that's a fucking problem, if you came to watch the showcase and expected to hear only new stuff, then don't be surprised that you're getting disappointed. You clearly said "they spent 35 of the 40 minutes showing games that we've already seen before". We knew that Spider-Man 2 and GoW Ragnarok were gonna appear sooner or later, but we saw them now for the first time, so no, it wasn't 35 minutes of old stuff and don't try to change your point to "oh, I was only talking about exclusives you fucking idiot".

Also imagine being salty that I replied to you specifically, lmfao, not everyone liked the showcase (impossible to cater to everyone), but you're hyperbolizing your disappointment and that's why I think that your initial post was bullshit. If that makes you sick, then get off the internet for a moment.

Also, tell me when you saw those games before, not the leaks, not the rumour, the officials tuff with trailers and screens and what not. And don't say stuff like Deathloop, GTA 5, R6 or Alan Wake, I mean stuff like Tchia, Bloodhunt or Eve.

Plus, you keep thinking that I'm attacking your opinion, the only point that I'm making is that you said that showcase was terrible because they showcased games we've heard about before, not because of what games were showcased or their quality. If you meant something different, wording didn't made it clear.

Edited by Varhur

5 hours ago, Varhur said:

Also... what??? KOTOR remake, Project Eve, Wonderlands, Alan Wake, Bloodhunt, Tchia, Wolverine, these were all games that we **didn't already seen before** 

What are you talking about? Project Eve was revealed 2 years ago. Wonderlands was revealed months ago. Alan Wake is a 10+ year old game. Bloodhunt was revealed months ago. Tchia was revealed months ago. 

4 hours ago, Varhur said:

Also, tell me when you saw those games before, not the leaks, not the rumour, the officials tuff with trailers and screens and what not. And don't say stuff like Deathloop, GTA 5, R6 or Alan Wake, I mean stuff like Tchia, Bloodhunt or Eve.

Bruh. It literally takes seconds to find the official trailers for each of these games.

I thought it was a good presentation. 

The intro was fucking terrible, I kinda thought it was a live action commercial for the new Saints Row...

Most of the games looked awesome, though. Too bad I don't have a PS5 and even if I did, I will never spend $70 on a game anyway, so I have to add 6-8 months to all the release dates : (

I'm surprised they are only doing two GOW games set in Norse mythology. And it kinda sounds like they're reusing a lot of the first game's stages? We can visit all nine realms this time, but does that mean the original six are like, reused but tweaked? That would be pretty lame, really. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

I also hope that Spider-Man 2 isn't a freaking co-op game. Nothing ruins a franchise quite as much as needless MP. 

54 minutes ago, Slava said:

What are you talking about? Project Eve was revealed 2 years ago. Wonderlands was revealed months ago. Alan Wake is a 10+ year old game. Bloodhunt was revealed months ago. Tchia was revealed months ago. 

Bruh. It literally takes seconds to find the official trailers for each of these games.

I was going to reply to that guy who said this but you've basically summerised what I would of said. Well said ?

I told him that most the games are already known about or been seen before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I was going to reply to that guy who said this but you've basically summerised what I would of said. Well said 1f44d.png

I told him that most the games are already known about or been seen before. 

My point still was why did you said that showcase was terrible, only because they have shown previously known titles, if I mistook some games as new, sorry for that.

43 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

I didnt reply to the wrong person I was basically agreeing with @Abby_TheLastofUs.

my bad

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Varhur said:

My point still was why did you said that showcase was terrible, only because they have shown previously known titles, if I mistook some games as new, sorry for that.

my bad

Because I did find the showcase terrible, nothing wrong with me having that opinion. If you thought it was great then that's good. And I'm sorry too for immediately attacking you over what you said. 

• Like 1