Beyond Eyes is getting delisted

mcnichoj

5 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

Really? Must have got as part of a bundle or something then because I have it but I know I didn't buy it alone... That's going to bug me now.

It was part of a four-pack at one point, of indie Team 17 games, along with Schrodringer’s Cat, Overruled! and some other game, I think - could have been that? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NERVergoproxy said:

I dont think it was from Humble bundles as this was all their ps4 bundles offered. The 2019 doesnt have Beyond Eyes. Curious how you got it.

• Capcom PlayStation Bundle – August 23rd, 2016
  • THQ Nordic PlayStation Bundle – April 4th, 2017
  • 2K PlayStation Bundle – August 15th, 2017
  • THQ Nordic Encore PlayStation Bundle – September 26th, 2017
  • Capcom x Sega PlayStation Bundle – April 24th, 2018
  • Indie PlayStation Bundle – January 29th, 2019

The indie bundle sounds familiar but I don't know... maybe it was on sale for a couple bucks and I was feeling extremely spontaneous I guess.

2 hours ago, Willreaper41 said:

So what does that mean for people that already have it again?

Nothing really. It will remain in your library to download and play on any console. Just don't expect any future updates or content (which considering the game was years old, it wasn't going to get any anyway) or the ability to obtain it if you don't have it already.

No physical version exists. Any codes will long be expired by now. Could still play it off a friends console/account though.

1 hour ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

Most developers who work with Team 17 are not happy. The same thing happened with Pathea, the developers of My time at Portia and the console updates of the game. This is why Pathea now works with another publisher and not Team 17. It sounds like Team 17 is always the problem.

Team17 couldn't even be assed to fix one of their own Worms games, Ultimate Mayhem on the Xbox 360 still has a broken achievement.

Beyond Eyes is one of those games I really wanted to like, but didn't. It certainly has its charm, but it's also horrendously dull, and I question the ways it conveys blindness. I can remember virtually nothing about the narrative. 

Still, always a shame to see a game fade into oblivion. Thinking about it now, I have more respect for what it tried to do than I did before seeing this thread - even if I'd still personally never go near it again. I think Team17 should get some credit for taking a chance on the game too, even if the partnership didn't work out, for whatever reason.

• Like 2

I'm curious why it wasn't pleasurable to work with. It could her asking too much of her game?? And not really Team17, always 2 sides to these tweets.

11 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

Do you have PSNow? Maybe you got it there?

Is/was it available on PS Now?

I might have claimed it at some point since I've subscribed to it before. :hmm:

13 hours ago, Hisuiryu said:

Hopefully it will go again before it's delisted, I'm interested in the title but not enough to pay full price for it. 

I doubt it'll go on sale again since a new batch of sale won't be live until at least 8th September or later. :(

• Like 1