Trophy thoughts?

Munde_Mohawk

There it finally is. There's a few surprises I didn't expect to be here. It's honestly an. . . amazing list. The image quality is good and varied, and the list is close to, if not requires, true completion of the game. They got the trophies tied to Game Land, Egg Shuttle, Red Rings, etc, as well as varied and challenging miscellaneous ones. They even omitted online trophies entirely, something Sonic Generations and Sonic Forces didn't do. Hopefully future action/adventure titles continue this.

Nitpicks: underwhelming platinum title/image (which is a generally common thing for me) and the platinum image being nearly identical to Sonic Forces's platinum. . .

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 3

Looks like a pretty solid and fulfilling trophy set. Decent variety and challenge, while not having any trophies that'd stick out as overly annoying. It looks like you'll also have to do almost all of what this game offers to get Platinum, which is good. I'd say this looks like a solid 5/10 list in terms of difficulty.

Really weird that none of the trophies seem to relate to Rival Rush in any way, though. That's one of the most notable new additions in SCU, so it's odd that the trophies seem to skip over it entirely. Oh well. Excited to pick this up sometime soon, hopefully this month, and I'd definitely Platinum it. Loved the original game on Wii.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Colors was supposed to be fun as well? Right?

Yes, very. OST is tops. Kamen Rider references are free.

50 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Yes they are. And they are much more difficult in this game iirc.

Also very cheese-able if you're willing to learn a few tricks. I'd recommend watching some speed run vids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarradasRamos said:

do the s ranks count for 100 percent completion?

Actually, yes they do. So the S Ranks just doesn't have its own standalone trophy/trophy set, which is good thing. (The only issue is just that the ranking system has a grind element to it that other Sonic boost games doesn't have.) The 100% trophies already require S Ranks and are the superior challenge.

• Like 1

Can't wait to pop this one in!! :D:D:D 

I'm happy they included 100% completion trophies, so that means everyone can enjoy the game to the fullest! I find the images look a bit plain, and the platinum image is recycled from another Sonic game, but I care more about the gameplay than the trophy images, so that's not a big problem.

I also love collectibles, so I can't wait to find all the Red Star rings! I hope some of them are hidden well like in Sonic Unleashed, which is by far my favourite Sonic game that has trophies. I would rank Mania as higher but it doesn't have a plat, so it lost a few points with me. :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DawningWolf55 said:

Colors imo is one of the easier Sonic games. I got All S ranks in all Unleashed stages and it's DLC stages, so this should be cake. I personally don't mind the Forces styled images, and I absolutely love a lot of the great puns for the trophy names!

I don’t know if you’ve played Colors before but while it is true it is an easier game the ranking system in it is very bizarre. You’ll net more points using the yellow drill wisp in a circle for 30 seconds than getting to the goal ring 30 seconds faster. You’ll get more points sitting on the grind rail going slow as can be than boosting on it. Unless they’ve changed that then getting 100% for each zone is gonna he a grind. The trophies were gonna be the deciding factor on if I got this on PS4 or Switch and after seeing in this thread that the 100% includes grinding for the S ranks. No thanks. 

6 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

Wish the trophies didn't look like they're straight outta Forces

Does it matter? Uniformity rocks, lol

Saying that, all of the newer Ratchet and Clanks had the same platinum image and the image wasn’t even good. At least this is Sonic’s face. The image actually reminds me of Unleashed lol

Glad the trophies finally dropped. Been looking for a while.

• Like 1

I was talking with my brother about the trophy list, and for someone that played Colors to perfection, he said if it weren't for the S ranks, he'd rate it somewhere between a 4 and a 6 out of 10. Although he has yet to get all the S ranks on the Wii version so if that is in fact required (with the methods of earning them the same as the Wii version), then I could see this plat being slightly tough! I'm all for it though, as I have all my Sonic games done to 100% and I love a good challenge! :D 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 5:10 PM, blue_blur_98 said:

Looks like a pretty solid and fulfilling trophy set. Decent variety and challenge, while not having any trophies that'd stick out as overly annoying. It looks like you'll also have to do almost all of what this game offers to get Platinum, which is good. I'd say this looks like a solid 5/10 list in terms of difficulty.

Really weird that none of the trophies seem to relate to Rival Rush in any way, though. That's one of the most notable new additions in SCU, so it's odd that the trophies seem to skip over it entirely. Oh well. Excited to pick this up sometime soon, hopefully this month, and I'd definitely Platinum it. Loved the original game on Wii.

Besides the new customizable aesthetics system, the game basically does ask you do to everything else it offers. It turns out Rival Rush is actually part of the 100% required for each planet ?.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1