Unforgettable Trophy

westersburg

I highly recommend that you play the ps5 version in balanced mode (60 fps) or 120 fps mode (if available on your display device). The 30 fps quality mode makes this a lot harder, since cars are way worse to control. I struggled in the ps4 version (30 fps by default) and it took me quite a few hours and on ps5 i literally beat all the events 1st try in the 120 fps mode.

EDIT: 

I just got the trophy. You definitely have to win 12 DIFFERENT events for the trophy. The mode doesn't matter, career and 50th anniversary mode both count towards the trophy.

However participating isn't enough, i got the trophy after retrying an event that i already failed. Also winning the same event multiple times (even in different modes like career or anniversary mode) only count once!

EDIT 2: Not sure anymore if career counts. Seems like the counter is just broken. Got the trophy in the 2nd version (this time native ps5 version) after beating the 10th anniversary event in 50th anniversary mode without even starting the career mode. Maybe you just have to beat 10 events in this mode then?

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 1

Yes,you have to beat the times.

i did the first 2 straight away, but the Audi in Monte Carlo is a lot more difficult!

i've read without day1-update the times were easier?

how many do you actually have to beat for the activation of the private team?

and do the anniversary event's in career mode count towards the trophy and private team?

I just got the trophy. You definitely have to win 12 DIFFERENT events for the trophy. The mode doesn't matter, career and 50th anniversary mode both count towards the trophy.

However participating isn't enough, i got the trophy after retrying an event that i already failed. Also winning the same event multiple times (even in different modes like career or anniversary mode) only count once!

8 hours ago, westersburg said:

ok, good to hear that career counts

I have a problem with this trophy. Mote Carlo 1984 is unnecessarily difficult and blocks me in 50th anniversary mode. In a career, all events are ALWAYS the same. For example, Acropolis Rally 1973 Alpine A110 will always be the first rally at JWRC. I checked all categories: JWRC, WRC3 and WRC2 (they have the same historical rally sets) and WRC. Not once have I come across the Acropolis Rally 1983, New Zealand Rally 1986, Rally Sweden 2011 and Rally Catalonia 2018. For this reason, I cannot complete the required number of 12 rallies.

Edited by Dzwienkoswit

It's a shame this 50th Anniversary Mode is so poorly designed. As the third race, they gave such a difficult route. As a result, some players will not even see most of this mode. The physics in the game are hopeless. Audi flies out into space when it comes into contact with anything. Time is not shown on individual episodes, so it is not even known where we are going wrong. There should be an option to select these rallies in any order.

It doesn't matter if the raids in the career mode work for the trophy. In career, 12 different ones will not appear. There are the first three of the 50th Anniversary Mode and 8 others. Including the unfortunate Monte Carlo 1984. As a result, completing this tedious rally is a must for this trophy.

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I can't progress past the Acropolis Rally in Group A, which should be event #10. 

The time limit is 5:57, and I've been under the limit 5 times. Lowest one was 5:41. And I get XP for completing the objective, so everything should be OK. 

Despite this, the next event doesn't unlock so I'm stuck here. Had no such trouble with the previous ones. 

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edited by kiyosaru
Spelling

2 hours ago, kiyosaru said:

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I can't progress past the Acropolis Rally in Group A, which should be event #10. 

The time limit is 5:57, and I've been under the limit 5 times. Lowest one was 5:41. And I get XP for completing the objective, so everything should be OK. 

Despite this, the next event doesn't unlock so I'm stuck here. Had no such trouble with the previous ones. 

Some of the events are back in time, they're not necessarily in screen order. Have you gone to the timeline view and scrolled left and right to look for the new event?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Anke said:

Some of the events are back in time, they're not necessarily in screen order. Have you gone to the timeline view and scrolled left and right to look for the new event?

17 hours ago, kiyosaru said:

Exactly. New events are marked with an explanation mark iirc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SepsVampFrench said:

Could someone talk to the dev team behind the game and ask them to change it because it is way too hard and the monte Carlo race is too difficult and probably glitched.

I don't mean to be one of those people but it is easily beatable once you know how to keep the car in optimal revs and flow. I find that the Audi doesn't like heavy braking and acceleration so you need to keep it smooth and flowing between corners even if you feel that you may be going slower.

Again I don't mean to be that person but I managed second attempt so it is definitely not glitched. Had to actually beat it twice when finding out career events didn't count.

Also take solace in the fact that the events are not that balanced as some of these you can beat by over a minute but this one is admittedly much closer.

Edited by Anke
  • Like 1

On 11.09.2021 at 3:53 PM, SepsVampFrench said:

Could someone talk to the dev team behind the game and ask them to change it because it is way too hard and the monte Carlo race is too difficult and probably glitched.

It could be useful to fix. There is no balance in this mode. There are two problems. One is the third most difficult route. And the second - a reward (your own team in a career) available only to those who manage to complete the entire mode. It is unfair to close parts of the game for less experienced players.

I have tried many times myself and this one Monte Carlo rally is a problem. Terrible physics, no ghosts, no sector-specific timescales.

• Like 2

Something is wrong with this trophy. On PS5, pressing the PS button, when the game is on, a special menu appears. You can turn on the anniversary mode immediately. Interestingly, he takes me to the 1986 New Zealand Rally. Apart from Monte Carlo 1984 and 1985, I was able to finish each subsequent rally. The New Zealand Rally, despite being completed, is still not unlocked, because it has to be done by the previous one. Anyway, I have completed all 12 rallies except these three. And I didn't get the trophy.

Unfortunately, I cannot finish this Monte Carlo 1984 rally. Everyone else I did, whether it was an anniversary or a career. I hope they will change something in some update.
Edited by Dzwienkoswit

On 9/11/2021 at 9:53 AM, SepsVampFrench said:

The first time I did Monte Carlo, I was about 12 seconds off the time required. After a few more tries I beat it by almost 9 seconds. You just have to be consistent, you can even bungle a few corners (no resets though). You can do it!

• 1 month later...

Hello my friends! I'm playing WRC 10 on Xbox Series X but it should be the same as on PlayStation consoles. I'm trying to get through the 12 50th anniversary events and while after some training I completed the first one, the second stage is a real bastard!

I've heard that the anniversary stages are very hard and no kidding, they're so damn annoying and it's so difficult to reach the target time, much less even completing the stages without crashing into small nearly invisible obstacles etc. and the car physics are ludicrous as they swerve all over the place with only a tiny nudge of the stick.

Is it supposed to be this hard? I've wasted so much time already and I'm only on the second stage. I'm usually good at racing games but what the heck is going on with this horrible difficulty spike here and why doesn't the easy settings apply to anniversary mode?

Is it easier without any patches installed? I don't see myself being able to finish 12 of these nightmare anniversary stages at their current reference times ?

Edited by Cosmokeeper

• 1 month later...