Skilled-Based Matchmaking & Grades System

In the near future, even in September, a major change will happen: the long delayed Skilled Based Matchmaking will be deployed on the 5.2.0. update, or when Pinhead releases out. As premised, a separate and hidden skill rating will match you with other players scaled on how good you perform, and each killer will have its own rating to allow to play against lower skilled survivors. Basically the SBMM will be separated from the ranks.

It turned out for many killer players, during the latest live testing, experienced matches being more sweaty. In short, expect all killer trophies to be harder to achieve.

Grades

grades.png

Along the SBMM, the ranks we always knew will be changed into Grades, basically being the same but with shiny new look! The grade groups goes into the following icons: Ash > Bronze > Silver > Gold > Iridescent. As before, you gain emblems and pips, but there will be a limit of how much you lose pips.

The best part, though, is that on the 13th of each month your grade resets all the way back to Ash IV, and you can be rewarded up to 250k bloodpoints, double if you play both roles. This would definitely make all Adept killer trophies somewhat easier whenever you play freshly a killer.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TelliksOnhir said:

Does this mean we will face people our ranks?

No you will face people your mmr and your mmr will be hidden. 

The last test of mmr was amazing. I played with survivor my skill. No longer console players mortified of the terror radius urban evading around the map. SBMM will improve the quality of the games so so much. 

I was watching some streamers who almost always 4K and they were losing about 50% of their games with SBMM active. Only bad thing was that almost all my games only lasted 5 minutes since all survivors slammed gens or we got slugged and demolished. But over all my quality of games had gone up by miles. 

Can’t wait until Tuesday when they release the new skill based match making!!! 

Edited by Quink666