Has Existing Trophies Ever Been Changed?

2 minutes ago, FR_Gigastor said:

I believe Rainbow Six Siege had its trophies changed so there were 2 different triggers to unlock them, and they also changed the trophy descriptions.

The triggers/requirements being changed are Ubisoft side. That’s quite common. 

Are you absolutely sure they changed the trophy descriptions? Can you give me any more details?

2 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

Yea. Most of the Rainbow six siege list changed from its original list. 

There have been others but this one springs to mind. 

Can you be specific on what changed on the literal list Sony-side that players see?

Edited by SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki

3 minutes ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

The triggers/requirements being changed are Ubisoft side. That’s quite common. 

Are you absolutely sure they changed the trophy descriptions? Can you give me any more details?

Can you be specific on what changed on the literal list Sony-side that players see?

Seeing as this is a trophy website, I will almost guarantee there will be a thread on it with said trophies on that games sub forum. 

I don't know off the top of my head as I did the game nearly 6 years ago and the trophies changed probably around 2 years ago now I'd say. 

The patch 1.05 released for Nex Machina states, among other things: 

Trophies
* Updated trophy icons
* Changed platinum trophy name
* Tweaked some trophy descriptions for various languages

People were even complaining here on PSNP about how unimaginative the trophy icons were before the patch came out. 

• Like 2

From what I remember, the name of 1 trophy on God of War (3?) was charged for being "offensive" or something.

Several trophy requirements have been changed on Mortal Kombat 11, along it's description.

All the trophy images from Gems of War before the hud overhaul were updated/replaced.

Ridge Racer Driftopia trophy names and requirements were mixed from the beta to the final version (same trophies, but it made the trophies that "we have" not match the trophies that "we earned"). But this was a bit of a mess all around, trophies on the beta version and game delisted and erased from Bandai Namco website in the same day that it was released..

• Like 1

Just now, Arcesius said:

The patch 1.05 released for Nex Machina states, among other things: 

Trophies
* Updated trophy icons
* Changed platinum trophy name
* Tweaked some trophy descriptions for various languages

People were even complaining here on PSNP about how unimaginative the trophy icons were before the patch came out. 

That’s actually a pretty big deal. You got any links to threads?

11 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

From what I remember, the name of 1 trophy on God of War (3?) was charged for being "offensive" or something.

That was God of War : Ascension

There was a trophy called " Bros before hos" that was changed to "Bros before foes" 

Edited by monkeydluffy512
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Patpear said:

I believe an overwatch trophy specific to mercy fully changed. The requirements changed and everything. 

Same with Hanzo, and I think also with Torbjorn when they nerfed his abilities

The other one I can think of is Destiny, where they changed the trophy from the Leviathan raid to the Nightfall on Grandmaster

• Like 2

A couple people mentioned the Overwatch changes, these are the old description of the ones I know are different, all tied with changes to character abilities which would make the requirements impossible

• Simple Geometry: Get 2 killing blows with a single use of Hanzo's Scatter Arrow in Quick or Competitive Play.
  • Armor Up!: Have one of Torbjörn's Armor Packs on 5 allies at the same time in Quick or Competitive Play.
  • Huge Rez: Resurrect 4 players at once with Mercy in Quick or Competitive Play.
  • The Car Wash: Hit an enemy with 7 beams simultaneously as Symmetra in Quick or Competitive Play.

The first 2 also had their trophy icons changed to the icons of the new abilities in game (Old version of the list)

The plat for Lumo was originally the default plat icon before being changed to the current one (Discussed here)