How Effective is Self Boosting Ranked to get Gold Rank?

Flubberwunked

I'm on the fence about buying this game just because of the "Let's fight someone strong!" trophy. A lot of people are saying  that you can't boost this trophy, but I still see some people commenting things like "Anyone want to boost this with me?" I have a PS4 and PS5, so I can match up with myself to boost this trophy apparently. I have some questions and I was wondering if anyone with experience in the online mode could answer these few questions for me;

1. How much times can you rematch with the same opponent?

2. Can you see your opponent and leave a match before it starts? (To avoid fighting against a real player)

3. Can you be matched up with any rank? (For example can my main account, which is Silver Rank match up against my dummy account, which is Rookie Rank?)

I'll need to boost this trophy because I know I'll never be good enough to go against real players. I'll be fine with grinding for 1 Million FM and beating Survival Mode on Extreme, but not reaching Gold Rank. Thanks for reading this and I'm hoping I can get my questions answered.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

1.  Up to three times (best out of three matches)

2. No you can't see your opponent

3.  You're matched up with either your current rank, a tier lower or higher.  So if you're diamond for example, you can be matched up with either ultra platinum, diamond or super diamond.

You can match up with a partner or alternate, but it's a very small percentage of that happening.  That's why you can't really boost it effectively.  So basically, git gud.  Hope that answers your questions.

Well if I have to "git gud" then I'm not gonna bother then. Maybe I'll just buy the game and play it casually on my alternate account. I really want this Platinum, but I'm so awful at fighting games. Fighting and Rhythm games are the 2 hardest game genres to master in my opinion. Congrats to you for getting the Platinum though, that must've been a painful experience.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Flubberwunked said:

Well if I have to "git gud" then I'm not gonna bother then. Maybe I'll just buy the game and play it casually on my alternate account. I really want this Platinum, but I'm so awful at fighting games. Fighting and Rhythm games are the 2 hardest game genres to master in my opinion. Congrats to you for getting the Platinum though, that must've been a painful experience.

Painful?  Not really.  Fighting games (particularly Street Fighter) are something I happen to be decent in.  You can do it.  You just have to be committed.  If you really want the platinum, then do it.

Edited by grimydawg___
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, LORD_HOV1211 said:

I’m glad you can’t boost this trophy. I dislike when people try to boost trophies like these. Especially in fighting games. If it’s doable for the most part.

It’s not like the game is asking you to reach platinum or diamond. Gold is attainable for decent or semi-decent players. You just need to learn basic fighting game fundamentals and what moves are punishable and what no. Than learn punishing combos for those punishes on opponents. SFV is more casual friendly than any other SF. Pick a character and stick with them. Learn from your mistakes by watching replays or watch tutorials vids on YT (there’s a plethora out there). I’ve seen people who say they’re abysmal at fighting games or thought they never would be able to do it get the platinum on this. After enough time and practice. You need to stop complaining and thinking it’s impossible because it’s only going to lead to failure. 

Complaining??? How the hell am I complaining? I'm just asking questions (not being negative) about the online mode and how it could/couldn't be boosted. All I've said in my 2 posts is that I'm not great at fighting games and that I'd rather not take the longer route of actually getting good. The guide difficulty for this game is a 10/10, so you can why someone like me (who has only played a little bit of Tekken 7) will think that the Platinum is most likely out of reach. 

Actually read what I say and don't pass it off as me complaining. Can a guy not just ask some questions about a game he hasn't even played yet? Guess not. ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flubberwunked said:

Complaining??? How the hell am I complaining? I'm just asking questions (not being negative) about the online mode and how it could/couldn't be boosted. All I've said in my 2 posts is that I'm not great at fighting games and that I'd rather not take the longer route of actually getting good. The guide difficulty for this game is a 10/10, so you can why someone like me (who has only played a little bit of Tekken 7) will think that the Platinum is most likely out of reach. 

Actually read what I say and don't pass it off as me complaining. Can a guy not just ask some questions about a game he hasn't even played yet? Guess not. 1f610.png

“Stop complaining.” My bad for saying that, but I’m not a fan of people giving up without even trying, when there isn’t a easy alternative. Which is what you said. “I'll need to boost this trophy because I know I'll never be good enough to go against real players.” How do you know if you can’t do it, if you haven’t even attempted to do so? That’s a failing mentality/mindset. Also you’re going to have to spend a lot of time on this game, regardless if the trophy was able to be boosted because of the 1 million fight money trophy. Might as well use that time to get better. In regards to the guide difficulty. Those guides were made in 2016. The game is now a 7-8/10 to platinum. As the only tough trophy to do is the gold rank one. Survival has been made easier with the ability to continue fights and all. 

I’m just saying it actually be beneficial to practice and get good in the game. As it help with future fighting games. Which would solve or lessen your problem of being “bad” at this genre of games. Fighting game knowledge and fundamentals are universal because they carry over to other fighting games. For example if I play DOA and practice in that. I be able to have a better grasp of playing a game like Virtua Fighter because I learned basic concepts like blocking low/high, neutral, footsies, pressure, etc. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Flubberwunked said:

Well I just got to Golden League all by myself just by boosting. It only took 23 wins and it wasn't hard to set up at all. This online is easily boostable if you have 2 consoles. I'm an absolute trash fighting game player who got this trophy, so it's possible for anyone. No skill is required. Take my advice instead as I was the only one who answered my own question truthfully lmao. 1f602.png

Hey, can you detail how exactly please? Cheers

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I also look a more elaborated explanation on how you did it.

How were you getting paired with the same accounts back to back (from what I was told, that's impossible).

Same here. I saw you get to Golden League without doing more than 50 fights. How can you do this ? Your second account must have been stuck in Rookie but it is impossible.

I'm probably going to make a post later detailing how to boost the online. Keep in mind that I did have 2 consoles and this method won't be as good and take a lot more time if you're doing it with someone else.

Here's some quick info:

• I wasn't facing against one account, I had about 8 accounts total although 3 of them always had 0LP and stayed in Rookie rank.
  • I got 4084LP in just 22 or 23 matches (can't remember sorry) because of the big win streak bonus points you get. 
  • Do this in the morning as there will likely be less players on. I always boosted around 9AM to 12AM. My main account never matched up with a single random player, so I got a 20+ win streak easily.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any explanation of how you boosted with two consoles? I used to run tournaments, so I routinely had pro players at my house, who would play online. So I have all the online trophies except for 100 ranked wins. Only at 67 wins. I'm not that good at SF, so there is no way I could get the remaining wins on my own.

On 24/10/2021 at 11:36 PM, Jaxelrod said:

Any explanation of how you boosted with two consoles? I used to run tournaments, so I routinely had pro players at my house, who would play online. So I have all the online trophies except for 100 ranked wins. Only at 67 wins. I'm not that good at SF, so there is no way I could get the remaining wins on my own.

You can boost with 2 consoles or 2 player if you have same rank or 1 more or 1 less so if you are Silver you can boost with ultra bronze, silver and super silver ( if not some People play same time you can ses ultra silver maybe ) 

The best is go to training and change parameter 

System : PS4 Only 

Connections : 5 only 

Always called

Both search in same time, then when the timer start compare the 2 console and if is the same time on the screen ( example 9s ) you can accept you have 95% chance is your 2nd account

• 1 month later...
On 27/09/2021 at 9:13 PM, Flubberwunked said:

I'm probably going to make a post later detailing how to boost the online. Keep in mind that I did have 2 consoles and this method won't be as good and take a lot more time if you're doing it with someone else.

Here's some quick info:

• I wasn't facing against one account, I had about 8 accounts total although 3 of them always had 0LP and stayed in Rookie rank.
  • I got 4084LP in just 22 or 23 matches (can't remember sorry) because of the big win streak bonus points you get. 
  • Do this in the morning as there will likely be less players on. I always boosted around 9AM to 12AM. My main account never matched up with a single random player, so I got a 20+ win streak easily.

So are you prepared to divulge any more information about this 'easily boostable' trophy? Other than it requires the player to own x2 PS4 consoles, you haven't really given us any further explanation about anything...

You can boosting with 2 account yes.

Waiting on training with the parameter : 

System : only ps4

Ranked match 

Connection : 5 

Always call

Start searching same time, if you have the same cooldown accepte, win 2 time and repeat, he have win steak bonus so think for run rookie to gold only 25 win is needed but not sure. 

You can play with same ranks 1 less or 1 highter.

I help a friend to boost is easy with good communication 

On 05/12/2021 at 4:31 AM, EdgeHosenkan said:

You can boosting with 2 account yes.

Waiting on training with the parameter : 

System : only ps4

Ranked match 

Connection : 5 

Always call

Start searching same time, if you have the same cooldown accepte, win 2 time and repeat, he have win steak bonus so think for run rookie to gold only 25 win is needed but not sure. 

You can play with same ranks 1 less or 1 highter.

I help a friend to boost is easy with good communication 

So player 1 wins two times. Player 2 wins two times. Repeat this action 25 times in total? As simple as that for the trophy?

Edited by whittle181

11 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

So player 1 wins two times. Player 2 wins two times. Repeat this action 25 times in total? As simple as that for the trophy?

That doesn't work for 2 reasons:

1st - At higher ranks LP won = LP lost

2nd - the game doesn't match the same people back to back, you need to fight someone else between.

Also, the 25 wins thing is from a "main account perspective", in practice you do way more than 25 matches.

The only way to actually boost this trophy is with a pyramid scheme setup, where you are feeding your main account (this account only wins).

You will need to rank up other accounts for them to be able to match up your account rank to give more LP to your main account.

If you know how the King of the Hill trophy in NFS Shift 2 works, it's the same deal, but requires less alt accounts and more account switching. 

I haven't done it yet, but that's how I  believe that's possible to actually boost the trophy. 

9 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

2nd - the game doesn't match the same people back to back, you need to fight someone else between.

Also, the 25 wins thing is from a "main account perspective", in practice you do way more than 25 matches.

The only way to actually boost this trophy is with a pyramid scheme setup, where you are feeding your main account (this account only wins).

You will need to rank up other accounts for them to be able to match up your account rank to give more LP to your main account.

If you know how the King of the Hill trophy in NFS Shift 2 works, it's the same deal, but requires less alt accounts and more account switching. 

I haven't done it yet, but that's how I  believe that's possible to actually boost the trophy. 

If you win 21 time in à row you get thé gold league, with bonus win steak, the best way is up so super silver that is so easy and boost with golden league player or ultra silver until you get thé gold league

On 09/12/2021 at 1:01 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

If you haven't tried this yet, how do you know that the game doesn't match the same people back to back? Or are you just assuming?

2 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

If you haven't tried this yet, how do you know that the game doesn't match the same people back to back? Or are you just assuming?

A friend of mine did the self-boost a while ago with the PS4+Steam version.

He was the one that confirmed it.

I also think that it was actually introduced in an early patch to difficult the boost of the rank, since earlier Capcom actually even heavy demoted or banned people found boosting. This was when Capcom was offering real prizes for the top rank players, like E-sports places for Capcom tour.

6 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

A friend of mine did the self-boost a while ago with the PS4+Steam version.

He was the one that confirmed it.

I also think that it was actually introduced in an early patch to difficult the boost of the rank, since earlier Capcom actually even heavy demoted or banned people found boosting. This was when Capcom was offering real prizes for the top rank players, like E-sports places for Capcom tour.

Interesting because @EdgeHosenkan  says you can match with the same opponent and he already has the platinum. So now I'm confused, plus the OP won't give any further clarity as to how he actually achieved the trophy which begs the question why did he bother at all?