How Effective is Self Boosting Ranked to get Gold Rank?

Flubberwunked

Just a piece of friendly advice to anyone in this topic.

I don’t know if it’s really possible to boost this game effectively or not.

But I know when I did this trophy I got it legitimately(still need the 1million FM for plat tho)

And this made me enjoy the game far more then someone who is sitting there trying really hard to match up with their dummy for a meaningless trophy.

I had to learn the game, watch youtube vids on on strats, what moves were safe, what’s + 2 on block, etc.

I had a lot of fun and some really good matches along the way, and I was so satisfied after that gold trophy poped yo.

Guess what I’m saying is don’t use the whole “ I’m awful at figting games” as a cop out.

Cus if you never actually put in the effort to “get gud” then yes you will in need be awful and have next to no fun with them.

Btw, I’m ass at the genre, just a friendly reminder.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

2 hours ago, whittle181 said:

Interesting because @EdgeHosenkan  says you can match with the same opponent and he already has the platinum. So now I'm confused, plus the OP won't give any further clarity as to how he actually achieved the trophy which begs the question why did he bother at all?

Did you not read my most recent reply here? I said "probably". There wasn't any guarantee that I was actually going to explain how I did it. There's a few reasons why I haven't explained it yet. First of all, all the answers I got to my question were just wrong. They were all basically saying to "get good" even though there's a much quicker and easier option, which is obviously boosting by yourself. Why should I have to answer my own question truthfully instead? People didn't help me out (except one person who privately messaged me), so why I should return the favour?

Secondly, I've lost motivation for the game because of the 300 online wins trophy. That is going to take forever. I could get 7 more accounts to gold rank before I earn that trophy once. It's probably the worst online trophy I've ever seen.

The last reason would be that I don't think I could explain it that well. It was a pretty complicated process and it's also been a few months since I earned it, so I've forgotten some important parts to the whole boosting process.

1 hour ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Just a piece of friendly advice to anyone in this topic.

I don’t know if it’s really possible to boost this game effectively or not.

But I know when I did this trophy I got it legitimately(still need the 1million FM for plat tho)

And this made me enjoy the game far more then someone who is sitting there trying really hard to match up with their dummy for a meaningless trophy.

I had to learn the game, watch youtube vids on on strats, what moves were safe, what’s + 2 on block, etc.

I had a lot of fun and some really good matches along the way, and I was so satisfied after that gold trophy poped yo.

Guess what I’m saying is don’t use the whole “ I’m awful at figting games” as a cop out.

Cus if you never actually put in the effort to “get gud” then yes you will in need be awful and have next to no fun with them.

Btw, I’m ass at the genre, just a friendly reminder.

Why are you taking jabs at me? I can play and earn trophies however I want. The one time I say I'm not good at games and I get replies like this? I'm just being honest. I'm not dumb and I know my gaming capabilities and what I can and cannot do. 

That "meaningless trophy" part is pretty funny. Suddenly it's bad to boost online trophies? Boosting trophies with people is the norm here. There's even a section on the website that's made for boosting. It's a bit hypocritical too because you recently earned the Castle Crashers platinum and I doubt you did those online arena trophies by yourself. You're guilty of earning those "meaningless trophies" too, so don't come saying shit to me.

I "get gud" at games I know I can beat (recent example being Doom 2). I'm not gonna waste my time getting good at SF5 if I know I can just do it the easy way. Most people on this website will take the easy way when it comes to earning trophies, so it's no different that I do it myself.

I'm locking this thread because I'm not gonna answer my question. Create another thread about this topic if you want to discuss it. I got the trophy and I don't care anymore lol.

Edited by Flubberwunked
  • Like 2