Where's the platinum?

Goro

Guess they'll add the other episodes as dlc, theoretically you could add a platinum trophy as dlc, right? Also keeps the spoilers out of the trophy list...

As far as adding further chapters as DLC, that's hopefully what they'll do. But adding a platinum later on? Hmm, can they... do that? Haha, as far as I know that's never ever been done before but that could theoretically work with an episodic game I suppose, but would Sony allow that? *scratches head*

I'd rather that not be a possibility because then who knows what these developers would try to do if you could *add in* a platinum to their games, lol that wouldn't be good in most cases

Strange that it doesn't have the list outright like the first game though

Edited by BlindMango

Wonder if they will do what they did with Back to the Future where each individual digital episode has its own trophy list but the physical copy has a platinum

Not that I care because I'll be getting Season 2 regardless once all the episodes for it come out

my thoughts exactly

• Like 2

I doesn't seem that each episode will get its own trophy list. Cause if that were the case the trophy list would be The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 1 All that Remains. It's weird that they own added the first episode's trophies when their another game The Wolf Among Us has it's full list with the platinum. I think the digital version will not get a platinum but the retail version will get one.

• Like 3

I'm hoping they're just doing what they did with back to the future, whether or not people just played for the plat is irrelevant, it still put extra money in the devs pockets and they're are amazing at what they do.

So put a plat in and take everyones money ;D they might make more money actually if they give the digital version and the retail version two different trophy lists so again take my money tell tale :D 

The walking dead game of the year came out and like no one buys it because it's cheaper to buy 500 days and the season pass digitally, but if the digital walking dead had no plat and the retail version did, oh my everyone would've bought it, well the trophy hunters at least ^,^

As far as adding further chapters as DLC, that's hopefully what they'll do. But adding a platinum later on? Hmm, can they... do that? Haha, as far as I know that's never ever been done before but that could theoretically work with an episodic game I suppose, but would Sony allow that? *scratches head*

I'd rather that not be a possibility because then who knows what these developers would try to do if you could *add in* a platinum to their games, lol that wouldn't be good in most cases

Strange that it doesn't have the list outright like the first game though

i think you're forgetting that some games were updated to have trophies so in theory i think its possible

I don't think you guys quite understand how this works but, there will be no platinum. Not yet anyway, and not for the digital version either. TellTale will periodically release their other 4 episodes over time, charging you $4.99 ech time, giving each episode the same amount of trophies until the last episode. Then, a few months later when the hype igone, they'll release all 5 episodes on disc and give it a platinum, just to get you to buy it again.

• Like 2

Appart from the platinum that was not in the list, I was also surprised by the value of the trophies that ARE in the list. The first game had 6 bronze, 1 silver and 1 gold trophy per episode (= 210 points). So together with the platinum the whole game had 1230 points. All platinum games I know lie between 1140 and 1230 points so the first game was no exception here.

But this one has 1 bronze, 6 silver and 1 gold (= 285 points). Assuming that there will be again 5 episodes and that they have the same amount of trophies, this game would have a total of 1425 points even without the plat. So from that point of view, I would also guess that it will be like Back to the Future with individual lists for each episode and thus no platinum. On the other hand as Suicide_Tortuga pointed out the title only says "Season 2", nothing about "Episode 1". So I guess we will just have to wait.

It was like this when the first episode of Walking Dead came out. Somewhere within the next episodes releases, they patched the rest in.

Upon reading up on this, you could be right, the 1.01 update notes for the first Walking Dead were "Updates to trophies for upcoming episodes" - I was somewhat late to play the first season and jumped on board after the second episode of the first season released and both EP 1 & 2 were both free on PlayStation Plus, so I have very limited personal information on what the early stages of the game were. I'll take your word for it, maybe there's other readers that can confirm that too?

Edited by BlindMango

Upon reading up on this, you could be right, the 1.01 update notes for the first Walking Dead were "Updates to trophies for upcoming episodes" - I was somewhat late to play the first season and jumped on board after the second episode of the first season released and both EP 1 & 2 were both free on PlayStation Plus, so I have very limited personal information on what the early stages of the game were. I'll take your word for it, maybe there's other readers that can confirm that too?

Did they not change the name of a few trophies from Episodes 2 & 3 as they might have been considered as spoilers? Maybe that's what "Updates to trophies for upcoming episodes" meant.

Edited by Stevieboy