What are these trophy events?

barmyfollower89

There are two things I can think of:

1. As the poster above me said, there are community events here on the forums which can be found here: 

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/3313-community-events-contests-we-plays/ 

Sometimes, people open events in which other PSNP users can participate. The goals usually vary from event to event (getting UR trophies or getting as many RPG platinums as possible, for example). The reason: Fun (some event leaders also give out prizes like awards or PSN cards sometimes), making your backlog smaller, getting a higher completion rate and so on. It's also a good possibility to get to know other members better. Obviously, it's not mandatory to participate - but if you're interested, you can look through the subforum and maybe find something you're interested in. 

2. The official events by sony

Sony also has community trophy events from time to time, the most current one was "The Summer of Play" this year. The community has to achieve a cumulative amount of trophies or platinums to unlock prizes. Once a goal is reached, everyone who participated receives themes or PSN avatars related to the Summer of Play via PSN notification. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

Are you referring to the Community Events on the Forums?

Yeah, I saw one which was about trying to clear your PS3 backlog, and another about getting 15 platinums this month.

43 minutes ago, Izularia said:

There are two things I can think of:

1. As the poster above me said, there are community events here on the forums which can be found here: 

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/3313-community-events-contests-we-plays/ 

Sometimes, people open events in which other PSNP users can participate. The goals usually vary from event to event (getting UR trophies or getting as many RPG platinums as possible, for example). The reason: Fun (some event leaders also give out prizes like awards or PSN cards sometimes), making your backlog smaller, getting a higher completion rate and so on. It's also a good possibility to get to know other members better. Obviously, it's not mandatory to participate - but if you're interested, you can look through the subforum and maybe find something you're interested in. 

2. The official events by sony

Sony also has community trophy events from time to time, the most current one was "The Summer of Play" this year. The community has to achieve a cumulative amount of trophies or platinums to unlock prizes. Once a goal is reached, everyone who participated receives themes or PSN avatars related to the Summer of Play via PSN notification. 

Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't know Sony did anything either.

5 minutes ago, barmyfollower89 said:

Yeah, I saw one which was about trying to clear your PS3 backlog, and another about getting 15 platinums this month.

They are pretty self explanatory if you read the OP on the first page of the event you are interested in.  Just like people getting together with a common interest having fun, completing games.  Sometimes competing against each other in leagues.  I'm in a couple of the events myself and enjoy talking to the players that participate (usually on the forums) and see just how well can can do on our progress.

I enjoy reading other player's thoughts on the games, which is pretty entertaining sometimes. ?

Edited by DJ__Beatroot
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

They are pretty self explanatory if you read the OP on the first page of the event you are interested in.  Just like people getting together with a common interest having fun, completing games.  Sometimes competing against each other in leagues.  I'm in a couple of the events myself and enjoy talking to the players that participate (usually on the forums) and see just how well can can do on our progress.

I enjoy reading other player's thoughts on the games, which is pretty entertaining sometimes. 1f604.png

Thank you, maybe I'll try one.

• Like 2

The events pretty much give you a group of people who have a similar goal and some direction to go.  Many have massive backlogs that get to the point of making it hard to decide on a title.  An event with a theme can help someone narrow down what to play.  It's also a proven fact that people do better at accomplishing a goal when they tell others about the goal and they have people who can give support to help them make the goal.  Events provide that.  I'm in the PS3 one along with the Fall/Winter Backlog and Attack on Completion ones myself and find them great since I can meet others working towards similar goals of tackling backlog and improving completion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

The events pretty much give you a group of people who have a similar goal and some direction to go.  Many have massive backlogs that get to the point of making it hard to decide on a title.  An event with a theme can help someone narrow down what to play.  It's also a proven fact that people do better at accomplishing a goal when they tell others about the goal and they have people who can give support to help them make the goal.  Events provide that.  I'm in the PS3 one along with the Fall/Winter Backlog and Attack on Completion ones myself and find them great since I can meet others working towards similar goals of tackling backlog and improving completion.

I have quite a big backlog from a bunch of PS now games and games I had on my PS4 from before I knew how to see how crap my completion rate is, which I'm trying to get through, I joined the Fall/Winter one to see how it goes and to try and get a better completion percentage because 24% is just sad