Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mahoganyman

Death Mode

40 posts in this topic

So I've been having a lot of trouble with death mode.  I only need to beat 5 more stages for the platinum, but my luck is so horrible the notes always appear on opposite ends of the stage.  Any general tips to help me?  Aside from luck?

I was at the same stage as you thinking I was never gonna beat the levels, then it just seemed to come right one level at a time. Basically the only advice I can give is keep trying. Eventually you'll get a good run and the notes will just spawn at the right places.

Keep playing till you get a lucky arrangement of notes. I know for a couple of stages, it took my a few hours of replaying it over and over again to beat it.

Patience!!!!!! and lots of it, playing the same level over and over will frustrate you until you are ready to start breaking things :shakefist: . So make sure you take a break every now and again to cool down and regain focus. It worked for me. B)

Only luck. 

I was struggling with most of them for 1+ hours. I was watching a friend stream him play it a few weeks ago, and he did most of the death modes within the first 10 minutes. It all comes down to luck.

I agree with everyone else. Once you've got the hang of the level you've just got to wait for a good arrangement of notes.

I still have quite a few levels left, it gets me stressed haha!

Take a break. If you find your ass getting kicked by the same level for a while, leave and come back. You'll be it probably on your first try. Death mode was actually pretty easy, tbh.

It's 100% luck once your used to the level. It's enraging and infuriating and gah!!!! Lol

You Need %75 Luck And %25 Skill. 

Actually you need 120% Luck, 20% Skill, and 140% Patience.

Just keep trying, eventually you'll get a nice pattern and you'll beat the stage with plenty of time to spare. 

Also as someone mentioned take a break from time to time. 

Well, actually I love this game because the notes are random, so there's no guide to tell you do this or that. The most frustrating way to play is try to do a speedrun to beat everything, so play no more than a couple of hours daily, it's enough.

I am a very impatient person and death mode is driving me crazy :(

I am a very impatient person and death mode is driving me crazy :(

patience-is-a-virtue.jpg

Absolute prick of a game, lol, less luck is needed to pick the winning lottery numbers 7 weeks in a row in 13 different countries :shakefist:..... but I'm sure I'll get it eventually 

Absolute prick of a game, lol, less luck is needed to pick the winning lottery numbers 7 weeks in a row in 13 different countries :shakefist:..... but I'm sure I'll get it eventually 

If so, I and many other people who overcame this challenge would be a billionaire. =D

God death mode made me hate this game soo much, especially that level with that horrible music (touch the ppl or something like that).

Death mode done my head in, the exact same thing happened to me, the only thing i can really say is just keep trying.

Finally got it, lol......... now to go buy those lottery tickets........

This is what I did, To save yourself time, don't just try to beat the level with whatever you have. If you are starting to realize that the notes aren't in your favor, just die on purpose and try again until you get a good amount of notes in your favor. It became pretty easy AND didn't take that long with this method. GOOD LUCK

Somehow, I dont "understand" this map...  aww :(

i'm in the same situation as you, I only need 5 more stages on Death Mode to do before I get the Platinum as well. of some of the ones I have gotten though it was just a matter of playing them several times before I actually got the trophy for it so it seems as though we're in the same boat

I have a buddy who really liked the Death Mode, but let's be honest everyone, the Death Mode sucks. It is too luck dependent. On a lucky run, you can easily make it with little effort and skills, on some runs it's pretty much impossible if not impossible. If you try enough times, you will make it eventually. At least to me it's very discouraging. I can put in my best performance, effort and skills, even luck out a bit and then bam, not get it because it's either impossible or nearly impossible that one run. Every good run you fail just makes you more frustrated.

Edited by MMDE