Death Mode

mahoganyman

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just started on the DLC packs and find the Beat School levels amusing, if not a little enjoyable.

Bit shameful so many people absolutely despise the Death Mode levels, because Sound Shapes so far for me is a fresh breath of air when it comes to artistic platformers and following the beat.

I'll have to see.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

after two afternoons of trying I managed to 100% this game. For sure, I raged at some of the death mode levels but it wasn't as bad as I thought. The only ones that were hard for me were the 4 cross lasers and the 4 headed lasers on top and bottom. The rest was just trial and error a bit until I got more and more into it and some extra luck on note spawns, but I got through them fairly quick.

• 3 years later...

I relate to a lot of what's been said already haha! I started back on trying to finish off this game after really thinking it wasn't going to happen for me. I'm about 6 levels away from finishing the game and it's been a mix bag of luck and good note placement while on the other hand, I can get through the level without dying, but time runs out or my thumb slips at the last second and I'm screwed. But I'm trying! Can't wait to be done ?!

Edited by Rinoa_VIII

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-12-27 at 11:33 PM, Rinoa_VIII said:

Quick update—Just got all the base game trophies and my platinum, I’m a happy

camper lol ??

Hey good for you! Well done. ?

Glad to hear this can be done with a little perseverance! I started this game a few years back shortly after I got into trophy hunting, and abandoned it pretty quickly after doing a handful of the death mode levels. I hated it so much, and just couldn’t be bothered anymore. It wasn’t long before this game was forgotten deep at the bottom of my trophy list, where it has been collecting dust ever since. But it’s a big embarrassment for me and one I know I need to clean up one of these days.

So last night on a complete whim I loaded the game back up and continued where I left off. I only played for an hour, but managed to get 4 levels done during that time! It’s interesting to see how much my skills have improved since I last played this game, and I’m pretty confident I’ll be able to finish it now if I can just commit to knocking out a level or two here every night. ?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 21/01/2021 at 9:55 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Hey good for you! Well done. 1f642.png

Glad to hear this can be done with a little perseverance! I started this game a few years back shortly after I got into trophy hunting, and abandoned it pretty quickly after doing a handful of the death mode levels. I hated it so much, and just couldn’t be bothered anymore. It wasn’t long before this game was forgotten deep at the bottom of my trophy list, where it has been collecting dust ever since. But it’s a big embarrassment for me and one I know I need to clean up one of these days.

So last night on a complete whim I loaded the game back up and continued where I left off. I only played for an hour, but managed to get 4 levels done during that time! It’s interesting to see how much my skills have improved since I last played this game, and I’m pretty confident I’ll be able to finish it now if I can just commit to knocking out a level or two here every night. 1f642.png

Damn man I just saw that you're not done yet. Go back to it you bastard!

12 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Damn man I just saw that you're not done yet. Go back to it you bastard!

Yeah. ? I just have to commit to it. After that night back in January where I fired up the game and knocked out a few of them, I just never went back to it and soon forgot all about it as I got caught up in other games.

I tend to finish most games I start, but for the few ones that I actually don’t, they often end up languishing in trophy purgatory for months or years on end. I need to set some time aside to clean up some of these unfinished eyesores on my list.