Scarlet Nexus to Receive 3 Paid DLC Packs & Free Updates

Lem-77

https://gamingbolt.com/scarlet-nexus-to-receive-3-paid-dlc-packs-free-updates

Following its release back in June, Bandai Namco’s Scarlet Nexus will be receiving paid DLC and free updates in the coming months. There will be three paid DLC packs which contain “external creator-designed” original costume sets, weapon sets and extensions for the bond system to further deepen one’s bond with their allies. As for the free updates, more details will be provided in the future.

In the meantime, update ver1.03 has been revealed. It adds new options for camera position and tracking speed, enemy lock-on aim assist and camera speed, text size options for Brain Talk and system log messages, and an animation toggle option when activating SAS. The protagonist’s starting movements outside of combat will also be made “smoother and quicker.”

The update is out this month so expect more detailed patch notes near launch. Scarlet Nexus is currently available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5 and PC. For more details on its gameplay, check out our review here.

https://wccftech.com/scarlet-nexus-1-03-update-to-introduce-sas-activation-animation-toggle-option-and-more-paid-dlc-announced/

A new Scarlet Nexus update will be released later this month, introducing some welcome new options to the game.

The 1.03 update, which will be released before the end of the month, will introduce some new camera options as well as the ability to turn off SAS Activation animations, which are quite distracting.

Update 1.03 Changes

Added new gameplay options
- Camera position and tracking speed option
- Enemy lock-on aim assist (Left stick control ON/OFF) option
- Enemy lock-on camera speed option
- Text size (brain talk messages / system log) adjustment option
- SAS Activation Animation toggle option

-Smoother and quicker protagonists’ start movements outside battles

-Bug fixes

Scarlet Nexus is also going to receive 3 paid DLC packs that will add more content to the game such as external creator-designed original costumes sets, weapon sets, and a bond system extension. Future free updates will also add more content to the game.

Scarlet Nexus will be releasing 3 paid DLC packs!

These additional paid DLC packs will include content such as external creator-designed original costumes sets, weapon sets and also bond system extensions for players to enjoy further deepened bond with allies.

Furthermore, upcoming free updates will also include new contents so please stay tuned to more content revelation in the near future!

Edited by Lem-77
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm waiting to know for sure if the game is complete before buying it. I'm really interested in SN but I'm tired of waiting months to buy overpriced DLCs when I forgot about the story and mechanics of the game. That's the same reason why I bought Tales of Arise Day 1 (they said no DLC) but didn't buy Lost Judgment (even tho waiting for it so much). I hope Scarlet Nexus DLCs and free updates are only about costumes, weapons, bonds and that's it.

Edited by Spike_Hostile17

One of those challenges they have in the 1.04 update awards 250k xp. A few more of those might be a nice help for unlocking all of the brain map skills. Not sure if I'll bother with more cosmetics, but the EX brain crush looks neat. I never tired of the SAS activation cut-ins, so even more cut-ins from your party members is all good to me. Not expecting much from new bond episodes but oh well, hope they are voiced.

Sort of glad i haven't done playthrough #2 yet cause id have never come back to the game just for these updates.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 14-12-2021 at 3:22 PM, Eraezr said:

Is this game worth it?

My major problem with this game was you can play as the guy or girl. If you want the full experience and finish the game you can pick the other character and play the whole game again to witness the other side of the story. I enjoyed my first run with the guy but when I had to replay everything again with the girl I just rushed through the game and skipped dialogue and rushed through it.

Overal I didn't really like the story but the gameplay is cool though

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Not really, just a few party members at certain areas and a few bosses. Think Tales of Xillia. Certain chapters had everyone,others didnt etc.

I prefer Kasane over Yuito though. 

Exactly, it was like seeing the game from one characters perspective, and then seeing it from anothers perspective with minor differences

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ET3RNAL_KOMBAT83 said:

Exactly, it was like seeing the game from one characters perspective, and then seeing it from anothers perspective with minor differences

16 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Not really, just a few party members at certain areas and a few bosses. Think Tales of Xillia. Certain chapters had everyone,others didnt etc.

I prefer Kasane over Yuito though. 

So it's similar to what they did for Trials of Mana. Sounds good. Thanks. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2022 at 4:54 AM, Viper said:

So there's apparently no DLC trophies? Is the season pass even worth getting? It's on sale right now, but without trophies should I even bother? 

I'm glad there is no trophy related to the DLCs. Besides, it seems to be only cosmetics like skins and gifts. Just platted the game, what a huge let down. It has like all the flaws of ToArise but without the cool side quests and the gameplay.

I'm thankful they added some XP monsters like the Metal slimes from DQ with the free updates making the grind to lvl 80 less boring. If you play with the 1.0 patch, that must be like 6 hours of farming in the last dungeon when on the other hand, with the last update you can simply play the special mission from the Challenge mode where you fight nearly 20 pool monsters that gives 100000 XP each and go from lvl 70 to 80 in 5 minutes.

Edited by Spike_Hostile17

• 8 months later...