Nightmare Trophy, my best theories to avoid glitch.

(**EDIT, Just got the trophy.  Did my first playthrough offline/solo to unlock Nightmare.  After that,  I always was host in COOP. (you have to do a full play through if you are hosting... If you are using the glitch I am not sure but I think you ALWAYS have to NOT be host.)    Played with both Private and Public slots open, Randoms are ok.) I crossed out some things that I can confirm didn't cause glitch.

I made a separate thread for my best theories and possible solutions on avoiding the None More Hard/Nightmare trophy glitch.  Be advised these are not 'set in stone'.  Anyone wishing to comment to help further in this is welcome.  Any comments are welcome.

---------

• Backup all 3 of your save/profile/checkpoint data files to USB or cloud.  Gonna start fresh here.
  • Delete all your 3 of your save/profile/checkpoint data save file when they are backed up.
  • Delete the game.
  • Restart you PS4.
  • First download Terminal Error DLC, then the game (DO NOT download anything else.  Incl. add-ons, other dlcs, costumes, weapons etc.)
  • Load game, play through game SOLO on whatever difficulty.  I chose Medium in order to level up better.  Got to 35 so all perk slots are open.
    DO NOT GO MULTIPLAYER UNTIL YOU ARE READY FOR Nightmare with a partner.
  • Optional:  Go for as many collectables as you can, try to get as many upgrade kits as well, to master your weapon before Nightmare run.
  • Don't mess around with skins, gestures or anything.. Leave your character at default.
  • Don't drag any heavy weapons into safe rooms (?)
  • Don't skip cut scenes or bullet time scenes (?) (unlikely, but ya never know)
  • Don't mess around with any game settings. (?)
  • When you finish your first run SOLO (when you get back to main screen), backup your save to a DIFFERENT usb thumb drive/or hard drive.  Make 2 backups in case you mess up one of them.
  • DONT ERASE YOUR GOOD BACKUP by accident.
  • When you are ready, start nightmare with dedicated partner.  Level 1 must be completed fully.  If you are doing the last chapter of each level glitch, YOU MUST NOT BE THE HOST.
  • It is recommended you play through the game fully with same (?) partner with you, as host, ALL the time.  Or your partner as host ALL the time (?)
  • Always invite your partner into the game before starting any areas.  Avoid having your partner join your game from their end, without an invite. (?)
  • If at any time if your partner drops out of the game, right then and there you must exit as well.  Restart the level with your partner.  If you hit another checkpoint without your partner it will register that you have SOLO'ed.  So be careful.
  • Wait for you partner to come back in order to continue on with your nightmare run.
  • Start and finish each level with your partner. If either of you have to exit, be sure the next level has loaded before doing so.
  • If you are having difficulty trouble in nightmare being lower level...  Try doing Nightmare run with a partner who doesn't need the trophy who is level 100+ or really good.  You MUST be the host, play through Nightmare fully.
  • If you want to try it the opposite way, with the skip chapter glitch, make sure you finish Level 1 fully, with your partner as HOST.  You most NEVER be host if using skip level glitch.
  • Just make sure you ALWAYS have a backup of your first run SOLO that you did to unlock Nightmare.  That way you can experiment with different ways to get the trophy with it backed up twice.
  • DO NOT MIX SOLO AND COOP ON YOUR NIGHTMARE RUN.

That is all I can think of for now.  Be advised, these are not 'set in stone' or definite solutions.  Just my best theories on how to avoid the glitch.  I have just completed my first run to unlock Nightmare.  I'm sitting on 2 of the same save files on 2 usb thumb drive.  Waiting one of 2 of my partners.  1 Partner is 100+ level, hardcore ZA4 gamer.  Other partner I will play through who has Nightmare unlocked like me.   JUST DONT ERASE YOUR GOOD BACKUP by accident..  Take it slow, think... then act. ☯️

I will get back to you if/when I get the trophy with details.  If I don't get trophy.  I am done with Sniper/Zombie Army games.. Besides, Sniper 3 and Zombie Army 4 will probably be the best game in the series.  Good luck!

Below is recommended perks for Nightmare playthrough.  Whatever works for you.. But these ones are my favs.

F5NEwCG.png?1

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune
  • Like 2

On 9/4/2021 at 0:26 PM, Winds-of-Neptune said:

I made a separate thread for my best theories and possible solutions on avoiding the None More Hard/Nightmare trophy glitch.  Be advised these are not 'set in stone'.  Anyone wishing to comment to help further in this is welcome.  Any comments are welcome.

---------

• Backup all 3 of your save/profile/checkpoint data files to USB or cloud.  Gonna start fresh here.
  • Delete all your 3 of your save/profile/checkpoint data save file when they are backed up.
  • Delete the game.
  • Restart you PS4.
  • First download Terminal Error DLC, then the game (DO NOT download anything else.  Incl. add-ons, other dlcs, costumes, weapons etc.)
  • Load game, play through game SOLO on whatever difficulty.  I chose Medium in order to level up better.  Got to 35 so all perk slots are open.
    DO NOT GO MULTIPLAYER UNTIL YOU ARE READY FOR Nightmare with a partner.
  • Optional:  Go for as many collectables as you can, try to get as many upgrade kits as well, to master your weapon before Nightmare run.
  • Don't mess around with skins, gestures or anything.. Leave your character at default.
  • Don't drag any heavy weapons into safe rooms (?)
  • Don't skip cut scenes or bullet time scenes (?) (unlikely, but ya never know)
  • Don't mess around with any game settings. (?)
  • When you finish your first run SOLO (when you get back to main screen), backup your save to a DIFFERENT usb thumb drive/or hard drive.  Make 2 backups in case you mess up one of them.
  • DONT ERASE YOUR GOOD BACKUP by accident.
  • When you are ready, start nightmare with dedicated partner.  Level 1 must be completed fully.  If you are doing the last chapter of each level glitch, YOU MUST NOT BE THE HOST.
  • It is recommended you play through the game fully with same (?) partner with you, as host, ALL the time.  Or your partner as host ALL the time (?)
  • Always invite your partner into the game before starting any areas.  Avoid having your partner join your game from their end, without an invite. (?)
  • If at any time if your partner drops out of the game, right then and there you must exit as well.  Restart the level with your partner.  If you hit another checkpoint without your partner it will register that you have SOLO'ed.  So be careful.
  • Wait for you partner to come back in order to continue on with your nightmare run.
  • Start and finish each level with your partner. If either of you have to exit, be sure the next level has loaded before doing so.
  • If you are having difficulty trouble in nightmare being lower level...  Try doing Nightmare run with a partner who doesn't need the trophy who is level 100+ or really good.  You MUST be the host, play through Nightmare fully.
  • If you want to try it the opposite way, with the skip chapter glitch, make sure you finish Level 1 fully, with your partner as HOST.
  • Just make sure you ALWAYS have a backup of your first run SOLO that you did to unlock Nightmare.  That way you can experiment with different ways to get the trophy with it backed up twice.

That is all I can think of for now.  Be advised, these are not 'set in stone' or definite solutions.  Just my best theories on how to avoid the glitch.  I have just completed my first run to unlock Nightmare.  I'm sitting on 2 of the same save files on 2 usb thumb drive.  Waiting one of 2 of my partners.  1 Partner is 100+ level, hardcore ZA4 gamer.  Other partner I will play through who has Nightmare unlocked like me.   JUST DONT ERASE YOUR GOOD BACKUP by accident..  Take it slow, think... then act. 262f.png

I will get back to you if/when I get the trophy with details.  If I don't get trophy.  I am done with Sniper/Zombie Army games.. Besides, Sniper 3 and Zombie Army 4 will probably be the best game in the series.  Good luck!

Below is recommended perks for Nightmare playthrough.  Whatever works for you.. But these ones are my favs.

F5NEwCG.png?1

thanks for all the info. i know the devs had mentioned about a couple months ago that they were aware of the achievement being bugged for some (myself included). i haven't been paying attention as of late. im presuming there has not been a fix yet for this. can you or someone else please confirm 

On 9/11/2021 at 0:05 PM, Gemini-JohnnyT said:

thanks for all the info. i know the devs had mentioned about a couple months ago that they were aware of the achievement being bugged for some (myself included). i haven't been paying attention as of late. im presuming there has not been a fix yet for this. can you or someone else please confirm 

Not done Nightmare yet (again).. Will let everyone if I get the trophy and what measures I took.  I dont think there is a fix yet or ever will be.

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune