Gymkhana nevada - how?

fvecchio

I think most people just cheese the Gymkhana events and get the Stuntmasta trophy by getting their multiplier up quickly, then doing a stationary drift (drifting in an endless circle) on top of one of the drift pads for the remainder of the match. The pad will give you a lot of points and a big bonus if you keep the multiplier up. I tried to do some of these events legitimately and it’s honestly hard as fk, you just barely get any points for anything and your combo window closes so quickly.

They appeared to have tweaked it so you can't do the endless donuts and get the higher scores in this latest patch.

I ran the outside of the course through drift gates and jumps until I hit X3 multiplier and then hit the donut ring to finish. Easily managed over 30,000 doing that.

22 minutes ago, Anke said:

They appeared to have tweaked it so you can't do the endless donuts and get the higher scores in this latest patch.

I ran the outside of the course through drift gates and jumps until I hit X3 multiplier and then hit the donut ring to finish. Easily managed over 30,000 doing that.

I'll try that again, but i'm not getting a higher multiplier running around

2 hours ago, fvecchio said:

I'll try that again, but i'm not getting a higher multiplier running around

I remember always turning right at the start and going over the jump, then kept to the outside through drift gates, narrow gates, hitting blocks, and also those targets you hit with the rear of the car, by the time I'd done a full circuit and arrived at the big donut I just made it to X3, even if you are only at X2 once or twice round the donut gets you to X3 and I was getting over 6,000XP I seem to recall per donut. Even with going stale you get 4,000 odd XP. Then just keep doing donuts and you'll sail past 25,000, as long as that multiplier is in the high X2 or just in X3.

Edited by Anke
  • Like 1

On 05/09/2021 at 2:36 AM, Anke said:

I remember always turning right at the start and going over the jump, then kept to the outside through drift gates, narrow gates, hitting blocks, and also those targets you hit with the rear of the car, by the time I'd done a full circuit and arrived at the big donut I just made it to X3, even if you are only at X2 once or twice round the donut gets you to X3 and I was getting over 6,000XP I seem to recall per donut. Even with going stale you get 4,000 odd XP. Then just keep doing donuts and you'll sail past 25,000, as long as that multiplier is in the high X2 or just in X3.

This ^^^^ 

They have 100% tweaked various AI difficulty options, including Gymkhana; think they did it in the previous DLC, actually, as I noticed the 'stale' feature. Wasn't too bad as last Gymkhana didn't have a high total anyway, but this one sucked - took me 8 attempts. 

They also seem to have massively boosted AI on Easy and Very Easy. Not a problem at all (arguably a good thing) but in race event types, I found I only winning by 2-3 seconds in this DLC without any major crashes even on easy and very easy. I used to win by 20+ seconds with all content before Wild Spirits, so you need to semi pay attention now when coming back to do DLC's to avoid having to repeat races for stamps. Equally, the sprints seem to work properly now. I used to have to do the Very Hard glitch to win those, and it seemed to be consensus opinion that the AI was broken on dirt oval sprints; AI seems to be more balanced now. No noticeable changes with gate crasher, time trials, or path finder. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

This ^^^^ 

They have 100% tweaked various AI difficulty options, including Gymkhana; think they did it in the previous DLC, actually, as I noticed the 'stale' feature. Wasn't too bad as last Gymkhana didn't have a high total anyway, but this one sucked - took me 8 attempts. 

They also seem to have massively boosted AI on Easy and Very Easy. Not a problem at all (arguably a good thing) but in race event types, I found I only winning by 2-3 seconds in this DLC without any major crashes even on easy and very easy. I used to win by 20+ seconds with all content before Wild Spirits, so you need to semi pay attention now when coming back to do DLC's to avoid having to repeat races for stamps. Equally, the sprints seem to work properly now. I used to have to do the Very Hard glitch to win those, and it seemed to be consensus opinion that the AI was broken on dirt oval sprints; AI seems to be more balanced now. No noticeable changes with gate crasher, time trials, or path finder. 

Indeed they did mention in the patch notes they’d adjusted the AI, the races were much closer. 

I actually didn’t notice they changed it in the previous DLC for the gymkhana events I thought it was this version so thanks for correcting that and agreed this event was much harder, I think it took me eight goes too :)

1 hour ago, Anke said:

Indeed they did mention in the patch notes they’d adjusted the AI, the races were much closer. 

I actually didn’t notice they changed it in the previous DLC for the gymkhana events I thought it was this version so thanks for correcting that and agreed this event was much harder, I think it took me eight goes too :)

The last Gymkhana was only 13-15K from memory, so you didn't need to be great to pass. I think I actually still did the donut trick after hitting 2* and just reset my donuts 2 or 3 times. This is the first where you need a proper strategy. 

Just now, PhantomFear94 said:

The last Gymkhana was only 13-15K from memory, so you didn't need to be great to pass. I think I actually still did the donut trick after hitting 2* and just reset my donuts 2 or 3 times. This is the first where you need a proper strategy. 

I must admit though it was nice to actually have to do it properly rather than cheese donuts for once :D