Alan Wake Remastered (October 5, 2021)

ziggypossum

5 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Confused I thought Xbox sold the rights to the IP to SONY! So, Not sure how this would be for the XBOX ... Maybe cause the first game was with XBOX .. But If you sell the IP You no longer have RIGHTS to the IP ...Not sure about this one???

Remedy acquired the publishing rights to Alan Wake in 2019.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Isn't Alan Wake in scenes in Control? 

I always heard about this one, but since it wasn't on PS3 I never paid much attention to it. Might get it for cheap on PS5 one day to try it out. 

Alan Wake is in one of the Control DLC, I think. If I'm not mistaken, Alan Wake and Control are in the same universe.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Confused I thought Xbox sold the rights to the IP to SONY! So, Not sure how this would be for the XBOX ... Maybe cause the first game was with XBOX .. But If you sell the IP You no longer have RIGHTS to the IP ...Not sure about this one???

At least in this universe you'll never see any of the big three sell off their IP to the other two. Two exceptions could possibly be Sunset Overdrive although that's just the publishing rights to one game, Sony already owns the IP. The other exception would be Heavenly Sword since MS owns NT but they may be content with just continuing the Senua franchise instead to compete with Sony's narrative action games.

Anyway it's great Alan Wake is coming to PS hardware. Just gotta wonder if it will include the American Nightmare spin-off game. Maybe some new content that links it to Control?

Alan Wake Remaster reportedly features ray-tracing and runs on Control's engine

Today, we have a couple of new details about the game courtesy of Nintendopal. The report states that Alan Wake Remaster will feature ray-tracing for reflections and support 60 FPS on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Last-gen consoles won't get these enhancements but there will be some improvements like higher resolution and quality of life changes. 

Additionally, the game will reportedly use Northlight Engine, which has already been used for Control by Remedy.

https://www.altchar.com/game-news/alan-wake-remaster-reportedly-features-ray-tracing-and-runs-on-controls-engine-aSwNK8P88cCW

• Like 1

Awesome, I can finally drop my Xbox 360 discs since they are really pointless with Microsoft's approach to backwards compatibility (discs are DRM checks, the game itself needs to be downloaded).  As a physical collector, it really burns me when discs can't be used offline.  Defeats the whole point.

Great game.  Max Payne got me in the door, but Alan Wake really solidified my respect for Remedy as developers.  Hope this leads to a proper sequel someday.

some of my friends recommended to try it out so I bought it in GOG for like 1$ or so, man, half-way in story and game is basically: walk forward - solve simple puzzle - walk forward - shoot some guys - walk forward, one huge freaking corridor...guess I should played it back in a days, coz nowadays game aged badly

• Like 3