Player 2 doesn’t get trophies

thefourfoldroot

Just a heads up that, frustratingly, player 2 does NOT(!) earn trophies! Very disappointing that this is still an issue on PlayStation (has never been a problem in Xbox, and I doubt it will be for this game either).

To go into more detail, it doesn’t recognise player 2 as a story character inhabiting the world, Player 2 cannot advance the story, sleep, or save the game. They are just a passenger.

It’s not Resi5 levels of broken though, Player 2 at least gets their own persistent inventory it seems. Although I don’t think twice the coins are given out so getting new equipment is going to be twice as hard as usual.

If anyone has any workarounds please let me know.

Really can’t believe this crap has been going on since PS3 and Sony still haven’t fixed the infrastructure.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Just a heads up that, frustratingly, player 2 does NOT(!) earn trophies! Very disappointing that this is still an issue on PlayStation (has never been a problem in Xbox, and I doubt it will be for this game either).

To go into more detail, it doesn’t recognise player 2 as a story character inhabiting the world, Player 2 cannot advance the story, sleep, or save the game. They are just a passenger.

It’s not Resi5 levels of broken though, Player 2 at least gets their own persistent inventory it seems. Although I don’t think twice the coins are given out so getting new equipment is going to be twice as hard as usual.

If anyone has any workarounds please let me know.

Really can’t believe this crap has been going on since PS3 and Sony still haven’t fixed the infrastructure.

You’re blaming Sony like it’s Sony’s fault… it’s a developer issue at the very least. 

Edited by BlueMageBlake
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, BlueMageBlake said:

You’re blaming Sony like it’s Sony’s fault… it’s a developer issue at the very least. 

Are you new? Do you think devs can manage to get player 2 earn achievements on Xbox but mysteriously forget to do so on PlayStation? If a game is server based then player 2 will usually earn trophies on PlayStation, but if it isn’t then they do not a large amount of the time.

This is not some fanboy rubbish I’m spouting, I haven’t had an Xbox since 360 and don’t plan on getting one, it’s just a fact that Sony’s infrastructure for trophies and account management seems rushed and I’ll thought out. They know this, they specifically said they were fixing the issue when the PS4 was about to be released but didn’t. I was hoping on PS5 it would be resolved.

This is not completely true, the real issue is more confusing than that.

As it seems right now player 2 won't earn any main quest related trophies (and probably upgrade ones too, didn't get there yet though), but for some reason player 2 can earn certain mob kill trophies. The bad thing is that it won't pop for player 1 in this case. My girlfriend and I had to reload our save file twice now because she got the trophy instead of me (we're only playing for my account). At first we thought that the killing blow is the decisive factor, but in our second fail she definitely stayed passive and waited for me getting the last 20+ hits.

Now we noted all names of enemies tied to trophies. When we encounter one we quickly swap to singleplayer, I kill it, get the trophy, switch back to coop and we continue. Annoying, but at least it works for sure.

• Like 1

On 11/09/2021 at 0:01 AM, Jens said:

This is not completely true, the real issue is more confusing than that.

As it seems right now player 2 won't earn any main quest related trophies (and probably upgrade ones too, didn't get there yet though), but for some reason player 2 can earn certain mob kill trophies. The bad thing is that it won't pop for player 1 in this case. My girlfriend and I had to reload our save file twice now because she got the trophy instead of me (we're only playing for my account). At first we thought that the killing blow is the decisive factor, but in our second fail she definitely stayed passive and waited for me getting the last 20+ hits.

Now we noted all names of enemies tied to trophies. When we encounter one we quickly swap to singleplayer, I kill it, get the trophy, switch back to coop and we continue. Annoying, but at least it works for sure.

This is even worse! Thanks for the heads up. So, to be clear, if we play as normal and my wife gets the trophy I can use that same save and switch to single player? Or on a single player save I can select my used character? Or kills are saved separately to game progress? Not ever tried single player.

12 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

This is even worse! Thanks for the heads up. So, to be clear, if we play as normal and my wife gets the trophy I can use that same save and switch to single player? Or on a single player save I can select my used character? Or kills are saved separately to game progress? Not ever tried single player.

The good news is that all trophy-related enemies respawn, except for the story bosses close to the end of the game. But all of those trophies went to me without any problems, probably because the trophies were tied to quests, not kills.

We did load our save file because we got scared a few times, but we later found out that we could've tried again at a later point. But yes, reloading by switching to singleplayer in the main menu and quickly grabbing the trophy is the safest way to go. We didn't find a reliable way getting the trophies on my belt, it seemed super random. We killed the Ogre Warrior 8+ times and my girlfriend got the trophy on the very last kill, super weird. Last hit doesn't work for sure, we tried that several times.

Same with weapon skills by the way. My girlfriend opened the chest with the last bow skill which netted her the trophy, but not me. Reloading it was again, I opened the chest and got it.

You can switch from singleplayer to coop or vice versa whenever you want, from the same save file. Your coop partner even keeps his full inventory between switches (so better not let some important stuff disappear on there :P), so it wasn't the biggest problem ever.

Edited by Jens

7 hours ago, Jens said:

The good news is that all trophy-related enemies respawn, except for the story bosses close to the end of the game. But all of those trophies went to me without any problems, probably because the trophies were tied to quests, not kills.

We did load our save file because we got scared a few times, but we later found out that we could've tried again at a later point. But yes, reloading by switching to singleplayer in the main menu and quickly grabbing the trophy is the safest way to go. We didn't find a reliable way getting the trophies on my belt, it seemed super random. We killed the Ogre Warrior 8+ times and my girlfriend got the trophy on the very last kill, super weird. Last hit doesn't work for sure, we tried that several times.

Same with weapon skills by the way. My girlfriend opened the chest with the last bow skill which netted her the trophy, but not me. Reloading it was again, I opened the chest and got it.

You can switch from singleplayer to coop or vice versa whenever you want, from the same save file. Your coop partner even keeps his full inventory between switches (so better not let some important stuff disappear on there :P), so it wasn't the biggest problem ever.

Thanks so much for the explanation. If player 2 gets some trophies then I guess it isn’t totally Sony’s fault, although I’m sure, like many things, a lack of Foresight from them means things are much more difficult than they have to be for devs in this respect. The number of devs having problems with this type of thing on Sony’s infrastructure is clear.