1 Game or Several Games at once

amurnin100

I have OCD so I can't focus on a game while knowing there's other games waiting for me, I have to play one game at a time, or at most, I completely pause a game and focus on another game till I finish that then once that game is done for good, I come back to the first game

• Like 1

It was usually one game at a time for me, for the most part. Lately though I start 2 or 3 and stick with the one I like most for the majority. Just haven't had a lot of spare time so sticking to one cuts into being able to experience more games that I want to play, hence getting a few going at once.

• Like 1

I play many different games at the same time but a few of them are continuous games like MMOs and multiplayer so they're not being played with the intention of getting a platinum trophy or they're on PC or Switch. While I generally do still try to get a platinum in every game I play, I usually don't bother with ones that take too much time or I won't have fun with. My time has become too valuable for that and I just beat the game and move on to the next one instead.

That being said, I usually try focus on:

- 1 co-op game with my boyfriend. We don't always have a lot of sessions so this could be very long running

- FFXIV, while it's an MMO that doesn't really end, I do still hunt trophies and the platinum since the PS5 release

- 1 story-heavy game

- 1 other game with barely any story I can just play when my mind is elsewhere

• Like 1

It depends on how angry I get, but I tend to do more than one at a time.  I find that my lack of patience as I get older has caused me to bounce around more.  I did notice that when I went back to my PS3 recently I was having a lot more fun with the older games than the new ones.  Sometimes it feels like new games are just 100+ hour scavenger hunts that can't wait to add dlc so we can spend even more money to get to 100%.

38 minutes ago, johamburgers said:

I cycle between 30 different ones, and occasionally feel existential dread when I remember I've started 6 open-world games that'll take 50+ hours each, and then I get so overwhelmed by the vast amount of different choices that I don't end up actually playing something.

I feel the same way half the time.  It's like there is so much that I don't want to play anything. 

I prefer one at-a-time as I find it more enjoyable...tend to be busy in real life so I find it easier to remember the story, have my muscle memory be in line with the game, etc...I also often play alongside a guide on my phone so I can just keep the tab open the whole time and pick up where I left off during the weeks/months it takes to finish...

not really a fan of staggering play between games...the recent ghost of tsushima add-on after not playing for a long time was a good reminder of how it affects me...not only could I not remember what the main plot was about, I couldn't remember which class or weapons in online I liked using or even some of the basic controls...the worst example of confusion from playing multiple titles simultaneously was when I joined a kill your completion event many years ago, playing 10 games within the span of a month...I couldn't remember a single thing about any single one of them...they blended into batman and one piece facing off in a series of heists against the 4 horseman of the apocalypse in a trippy, supernatural dungeon crawler set during the 2nd world war...haha...side note: the event was really fun...highly recommend...

Edited by ProfBambam55

I usually have 1 really big game, something I know will take months to work on, a couple games I can work when I’m feeling up to it (usually fighters), and a couple of easy and medium games in between. And then i have a couple of guilty pleasures that I play when I got hours to kill.

For example:

-Since July, I’ve been working on Friday the 13th (really big game). I’ve also been grinding Max Payne 3 while doing that as they’re on two different consoles, so I can AFK one and grind the other. Usually I’m in a party chat to know when to ready up.

-I’ve completed the online for Resident Evil 5 and 6, Yugioh, and UMVC3

-I’ve been eating away at the trials for MvC3, UMVC3, and SSFIV (both stacks) when I’m bored or Friday is cancelled

-Skyrim and RB4 are guilty pleasures, I usually play these late at night before bed.

Usually 1 game or 2 with different approaches to get the platinum (like one were you need an walkthrough to get all misables and something like a Telltale game at the same time).

For something like a milestone or when I wanted a platinum on a specific date ("Birthdayplats") I played up to 4 games, but that is an exception for me.

I go back and forth.  At the moment, though, I'm alternating my Grounded+ run on TLOU Remastered with some grinding on DOA6 to unlock costumes and titles.  There are no trophies for this grinding, but that doesn't matter.

If a platinum is relatively short, then chances are that I'll focus on it until it's done, but if it's a 100-hour affair or something like that, then I will toss in another game or two to break it up.  Got a couple of Lego games here that could be chipped away at during longer grinds, to prevent getting bored/tired of playing the same game endlessly.

11 hours ago, amurnin100 said:

When your platinuming games , can you focus only on one game or can you cycle through 2 or more games at once ….

I typically play 1 game at a time.. 2 max (most times if one game has a long grind I'll break it up by playing the second one in between)

Majority of my time is on one game, but I do mix a few to break the flow. 

Judgment for example, played lots of it that last 2 months. Mix Toukiden AOD, and other small games to break the focus.

Tunnel Vision would make it feel like work and not game for me. 

Edited by Kishnabe