Guide says 3/10, Overcooked 2 says 3/10, both are wrong

ZZ383

I co-wrote the guide for Overcooked 2 and I agree with OP's logic: it doesn't make sense that they have the same difficulty rating when the hardest trophy is removed for All You Can Eat. There definitely should be a difference in difficulty. The fact that Overcooked 1 also includes a '3 star on every level' trophy and is rated 4 on difficulty made this decision easy for me, I changed OC2's difficulty to a 4. 

It's kind of hard to get an accurate difficulty rating for these games because everyone experiences it differently. If you play the Overcooked series co-op with another skilled gamer then the games should be a breeze and probably 1/2 difficulty. There might be a couple of tricky levels but you can just use a video guide to see what tasks to combine to get enough score. But if you play them with someone that isn't very skilled or you play it solo, then it might prove difficult to get the 3 stars on every level and the rating should probably be atleast 5+. That's why it's probably best to compare the games with eachother to get the most accurate difficulty rating. And like others mentioned, difficulty is always subjective: the ratings are arbitrary and just there to give the average player a prediction on how tough it is to complete.

OverCooked              3/10

OverCooked 2           5/10

OverCooked AYCE    2/10

From playing with my wife, I'd say Overcooked 1 is a tricky game but is learnable and not too bad, some of the 3 stars are tough but with practice you can overcome it. 3\10

Overcooked 2 not only adds throwing mechanics into the mix but also gimmicks into each stage adding to the challenge, the recipes are also quite complicated, mix this, then cook it, then serve it. 4/10

Then later on you have the dickish DLC which is way harder than the main game, backpack gimmicks, having to throw coal onto pieces, wash plates with pistols. My wife struggled with this game, I mean it's so much complicated than the 1st and some of the star ratings are over 1000 on 2 player, badly tested DLC to be honest. You WILL argue with your other half. You need to play with another hardcore gamer in order to do this DLC easily. There's no room for error, would be maybe 6/10 but for some reason many of the levels are easier on 1 player and not on 2 player (normally it is the other way around) so you can at least claw back your 3 stars that way. 5/10

OverCooked AYCE not only takes away all the hard trophies and makes it so you don't even have to play half of the game. (with regard to DLC)

You also don't need 3 stars on every level, and also adding "assist mode" It's definitely a 1/10 if you have played the other two games first, but since it's not super mega easy, (as other games are easier) 2/10 seems fairer.

Whatever the scale it is certainly

Overcooked 2 > Overcooked 1 > AYCE

from hardest to easiest.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2021 at 8:36 PM, Crunchattak said:

Hello excuse for my english but for me this game is very difficult, And when I try to launch this game in assisted mode I have a advert : some trophies are block.

And I want to plat this game but do you really know if assist mode block platinium trophy?

Thansk, 

C

It doesn't say it blocks all trophies, it says some trophies, I also popped a trophy or 2 on assist though I only played for about 30 mins.

I've read that the game completion trophy doesn't pop I think, not sure on others. If you bother to find out, let us know as could help others ;)

Edited by Optinooby