PSNProfiles all over Gameranx latest vid

LastMinuteSavior

The end of the video was disappointing, people keep insisting that hakoom is "greatest trophy hunter of all time" jesus thats so 2014 feelings, the guy is almost in third place currently and accuses people close to his score of cheaters, but his image is consolidated as a badass by the mainstream and that won't change.

I had hoped that there would be some mention of psnp users (floriis, danny) who achieved platinum from Necrodancer, but unfortunately none of them appeared in the video, would be deserving of that honor.

6 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

So they just completely skip over the guy that did 252 platinums in a day? He's on this website and looking at his profile, it seems like he will be doing the same soon

Bryan's record was beaten by himself to 100 platinum in one day iirc, the video is pretty outdated about that.

8 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Hakoom was always overrated. He posted a video showing his entire collection of Japanese visual novels and games on his PS Vita back in 2014. The hobby always meant having the money and the time. Those games were too expensive for the average person, which is why most people never bothered buying them.

Floriiss, Danny_Johansen, PrinceofPeace, TheYuriG and those other guys are too far 'underground' to generally be mentioned, even though they have exceptionally good profiles.

I've seen videos from Gameranx before. They hold every ounce of credibility as Watch Mojo has. Utter trash. Catering entirely to the braindead masses out there.

Maybe somebody watching that video will go "Damn I must check out what PSNP is all about". Then they'll see all the EZ infested garbage on the New Trophy Lists section and buy up whatever they can get.

I mean, hakoom was cool back in the day. There weren't many guys with such a dedication to this hobby. I remember that in 2011 there was a news on television talking about this trophy hunting, and there was an interview with one of the biggest Brazilian trophy hunters, who at the time was #1 here. and there was a monthly updated leaderboard in a Playstation magazine. i ended up befriending this guy's irl at the time because he was from my hometown. I mean hakoom was one of those cool guys, but that time is gone, he's not all that anymore and people need to stop putting him on a pedestal.

14 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

I mean, hakoom was cool back in the day. There weren't many guys with such a dedication to this hobby. I remember that in 2011 there was a news on television talking about this trophy hunting, and there was an interview with one of the biggest Brazilian trophy hunters, who at the time was #1 here. and there was a monthly updated leaderboard in a Playstation magazine. i ended up befriending this guy's irl at the time because he was from my hometown. I mean hakoom was one of those cool guys, but that time is gone, he's not all that anymore and people need to stop putting him on a pedestal.

I think part of that is because you were young. When I was growing up I looked up to Shaquille O'Neal. Great player in his prime, but over time, like everyone, he got old and became a has been.

There were plenty of dudes during my teenage years that I looked up to, but I don't think I ever really looked up to somebody in the trophy hunting community. For one, I'm older than a lot of people on here, and two, the hobby has mainly revolved around who has the most time.

Hakoom has some notable games on his list, but I don't think he really deserved all that praise. The people at the top cheat anyway, so the leaderboards were never a level playing field.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I think part of that is because you were young. When I was growing up I looked up to Shaquille O'Neal. Great player in his prime, but over time, like everyone, he got old and became a has been.

There were plenty of dudes during my teenage years that I looked up to, but I don't think I ever really looked up to somebody in the trophy hunting community. For one, I'm older than a lot of people on here, and two, the hobby has mainly revolved around who has the most time.

Hakoom has some notable games on his list, but I don't think he really deserved all that praise. The people at the top cheat anyway, so the leaderboards were never a level playing field.

the thing about hakoom is that he was always a guy who cultivated his own image, in an idol and even commercial way. just see the comments of his videos, people refer to him as something transcendental lol. I know the guy strove to be what he is, but it's still a little bit over the top of people's positions on him. well, he sought and struggled to build an image like that, and he got it.

28 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I think he should just retire, he has a wife and child, they are way more important that the slave labour he has to do now just to keep up in the ranking.

definitely, but he continues to deceive himself with the speech that he "loves gaming". I think this speech is a lie, I don't think what he does is for the love of gaming, but I'm not the owner of the truth and I could be wrong. I see exhaustion in his eyes. this guy should rest and enjoy his family, play casual if he loves gaming that much, but forget about this hobby in this obsessive way. there is nothing more to be achieved, the guy has over 100,000 trophies, over 3,000 platinums, over 2,000 URs, thousands of completed games and a percentage above 90%, just stop at that point, there are no more milestones or something grand to be achieved, because he's already beaten them all.

32 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

the thing about hakoom is that he was always a guy who cultivated his own image, in an idol and even commercial way. just see the comments of his videos, people refer to him as something transcendental lol. I know the guy strove to be what he is, but it's still a little bit over the top of people's positions on him. well, he sought and struggled to build an image like that, and he got it.

Yeah but I mean, you were young. I was already in my mid 20s when Hakoom became well known circa 2012 - 2014. He was there at the right place at the right time.

Miley Cyrus and Rihanna, as much as I hate them, were there at the right place at the right time. There's no doubt in my mind they wouldn't of gotten anywhere if they were to start today in 2021. So enaysoft is completely right.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Yeah but I mean, you were young. I was already in my mid 20s when Hakoom became well known circa 2012 - 2014. He was there at the right place at the right time.

Miley Cyrus and Rihanna, as much as I hate them, were there at the right place at the right time. There's no doubt in my mind they wouldn't of gotten anywhere if they were to start today in 2021. So enaysoft is completely right.

yeah, its all about the right timing in the end of the day

18 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

It seems to be a controversial opinion these days....

However....

The moment you play a ton of shit games for trophy points, that's when you've lost, as a gamer. You've become a trophy addict instead.

A few weeks ago I was playing a ton out of Tetris Effect : Connected, the free update with awesome 3 vs 1 online coop battles against bosses.

It's such a great game, and the new update has no trophies whatever associated it. It's nice to forget about trophies and just have fun, you know, playing games that are fun.

Cool, so you got 151 platinums in one day? Well life is precious, that's one day out of your life that you wasted, money as well as time and of course dignity.

while I agree with you (in the sense of understanding where your premise comes from), I also disagree. it's not that simple to define what is or isn't to be a gamer. for you, being a gamer is playing the old-fashioned way, relaxing, enjoying. and for some gaming it is something more extreme, this kind of hobby can be seen as something like that, there is also the community of speedrunners who play hundreds or thousands of hours of the same game to beat milliseconds on their runs. I mean, maybe the ultimate goal is not always fun. I like to think that playing is supposed to be fun and relaxing, but not everyone has that thought, I know people who don't describe themselves as gamers but as trophy hunters, because the second option is out of the ordinary and doesn't care about fun. in other words, a trophy hunter would be willing to overlook their own fun if need be, and I don't know if that would be "losing as a gamer" at the end of the day.

2 hours ago, kevao97 said:

definitely, but he continues to deceive himself with the speech that he "loves gaming". I think this speech is a lie, I don't think what he does is for the love of gaming, but I'm not the owner of the truth and I could be wrong. I see exhaustion in his eyes. this guy should rest and enjoy his family, play casual if he loves gaming that much, but forget about this hobby in this obsessive way. there is nothing more to be achieved, ...

So, he was mentioned in a random youtube video, by somebody else, and you've made several posts downtalking him. 

Seems like you have an axe to grind there.  Who are you to tell him to give it a rest etc? Unless I'm missing something and hakoom is posting somewhere bragging about his trophies.

Edit

Why dont you tag @Hakoomso he at least knows that he's a subject of your conversation and can choose to reply to your remarks or not

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Who are you to tell him to give it a rest etc

I'm literally nobody, I'm just posting anything for any reason, I don't hate hakoom if that's the impression I gave and it's clear in my last post

3 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Unless I'm missing something and hakoom is posting somewhere bragging about his trophies.

in fact you are, hakoom has shown himself quite arrogant in several posts and comments, and he sees himself as someone very special and above, I've followed his trajectory a lot over the years and I say this with propriety

17 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I like quite a few of these "shit" games. Most platformers, which admittedly, I'm not great at, but I do enjoy being able to play them and still feel like I'm achieving something even though it's not my best genre.

the idea of someone even remotely having fun with these "shit games" is something impossible on many people's minds here. even if it's true and you genuinely enjoy it, it still wouldn't be reasonable enough to stock piles of the same games in different regions and platforms, the point is to dig into the reason for playing these games and the answer is never fun as a parameter, at least I don't think so

14 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Why dont you tag @Hakoomso he at least knows that he's a subject of your conversation and can choose to reply to your remarks or not

Jesus Christ, man, is this serious? hakoom is practically a celebrity, he doesn't even respond to his own video comments or posts on his forum wall, do you really think he'll bother to get involved in this conversation? you're acting like my posts are a huge offense to hakoom's honor, as there are literally hundreds of people talking about him whether it's on Youtube or your verified Instagram page, I'm nobody important to your concern, damn lol

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

since you can be logged into two PS3, two Vita, two PS4 and two PS5 and have teams playing.

As someone with way more PS3, Vita, and PS4 than a person reasonably should have, you can be on more than that. You can only be online on one console (PS3, Vita, PS4) at a time but you can be logged on, offline, and be playing on an unlimited number of consoles assuming you have a physical game inside each of them. Looking through photos of my past setups when I used to trophy hunt, there were 4-6 monitors setups each with each one having at least one console attached if not more and with at least one handheld on the side. I'm sure there are more people with even more extreme setups. There were moments when I had the right combination of games that made it fun but for the most part, it drains you. I would never return to those days willingly. 

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

There is nothing to be proud of being a "trophy hunter" anymore. Quantitative easing has ruined the trophy economy, trophies were never worth anything, now they're at an even lower zero value.

Agreed.

After looking through photos of my past, I realized I don't have any photos that contains all of my console but I found this old one that has the most Vitas.

A0FmqHDCeig5rKpdmCzagfsVzmvi9BW-Tps0EA1rqdsyNtv7VgAmKPC-UF_8gatGZRqiKcuf4JmUpT5vZWjZqkl7YAiwtB3bDOnbShc6PqWCqfQKia2B920-xMx0ci2Ss_IFycgfTP6Dt798YGG4Z4a63HOZDTCtDRD799qK10toN71ouuv1xP-MaNdSbX7mSABsLKd3Gj1hEdlbmC5USNW09AQBedAl279LUqXeefEseHUTSa_0XPYsZApA2d6h83f15JnqwwZN8u4tQEikROiYzgUa20kY16B9qq2hxAnal-mdnTnGu_snT6LjY_XrXvn-BWqlTL-7lnL7kC_nAXM_nr5uxyG4AEsSSpioPH78C7PNVcNiRS8yBGguTlrx0RGqJI4VyLJLVTRtl5p_1u3PlpE4zpacQNf--Cdw_KtABxpE_yxMAxjt3S0px3MJh6slBv3dnduZ6gdVkh5DdLkixsw6glVXi_A2WN8Titr_qPE1pALWWKd1lgnSd2ps7vrpIueLGoQ9-DBjoAaTmUiCQhracJb2mMUbl37wvjRjX7uInldBuBTyqp9ukRJrhvkLwHmDvqyb45prNMCpej9JF2kddCGDwSt4ev576yBS-_0vXZR8dGzhqBPcu1W2TKNA6pNms5Nb0IWA6cdXyokW7h83gHiY60gX3oqFAOnv2M3dbOf6Xw9F9rh95sbO0-ZRX6Gy00bs_7hSqEADGH9J9g=w689-h1336-no?authuser=0

• Like 2

Ok @kevao97. Whatever you want to tell yourself to justify your hakoom boner bruh. You derailed the thread about the video and made it about hakoom. The big bad arrogant hakoom didnt do that, you did.

Your disdain for him is obvious lol

As for the video, it's the same as any other top 10 video. Mildly entertaining, but nothing special

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

It's a shame that too, cause some of them are quite good. A friend who was a big megaman fan really liked Metagal for example.

Well, that's not true actually. Why would people do stacks and regions of any game? Sure, people could do it cause they want the trophies, but enjoyment as well... for example, Modern Warfare 2 is my favourite game of all time. I have done it on multiple accounts and done the PS3 & PS4 versions as well as done it on PC multiple times. I'd buy 6 stacks of MW2 and do them all if it means I got to replay it.

Maybe for some games, I do it for the trophies, but some (I'd argue, more often than not) of these games I do because I really enjoy them :)

Different strokes for different folks.

As someone who loves "shit games" I loved them even before trophies and achievements were a thing. Back whenever a new movie would come out and they would release video games for them on GBA, GC, PS2, XBOX, etc, I actually enjoyed playing those games. I have fond movies of playing the Shrek 2 GBA game

• Like 4