Tales of Arise: Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

24 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

I was really looking forward to this but after playing the demo, i didn't like it much (i have never played a tales game) but it looked good from videos....I mean it was ok but expected better.

The trophies are unnecessary detailed lol.

Yup, that last sentence is proof that you haven't played a Tales game before, you wouldn't even have needed to say it in your post, haha. The trophies in Arise are not as detailed as in some older games. :giggle:

An example from Tales of Zestiria:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3964-tales-of-zestiria/17-a-life-of-struggle

But that's one of those things I love about Tales trophies, they're always good for a chuckle due to the amount of details in their descriptions. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Izularia said:

Yup, that last sentence is proof that you haven't played a Tales game before, you wouldn't even have needed to say it in your post, haha. The trophies in Arise are not as detailed as in some older games. :giggle:

An example from Tales of Zestiria:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3964-tales-of-zestiria/17-a-life-of-struggle

But that's one of those things I love about Tales trophies, they're always good for a chuckle due to the amount of details in their descriptions. 

Now the detail on that game is a whole paragraph, puts me off even reading it ?

The trophy tiles all look good. As a Tales veteran, 300 skits seem really low. Hopefully we can do everything in 1 playthrough (max 2 after going through the grade shop). At least it seems better than Vesperia (2.5 playthrough if you don't screw up a missable monster or item) and Symphonia (6+ at best). Collector's edition already preordered as soon as it came out.

49 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

The only annoying is 300 skits my God 

I don't think you should worry about it too much. Recent Tales games have had an option to buy all the remaining skits from a shop near the end of the game. In Berseria you needed to see over 400 skits and it wasn't too bad.

As expected, a very grindy game, the titles trophy will probably be the hardest trophy, I estimate 2-3 playthroughs for everything.

1 hour ago, Foremanskin said:

I don't think you should worry about it too much. Recent Tales games have had an option to buy all the remaining skits from a shop near the end of the game. In Berseria you needed to see over 400 skits and it wasn't too bad.

I got this one naturally, on Tales of Symphonia 2 Dawn of the New World it was a real pain, now that we can buy skits it's hardly missable.

1 hour ago, Neme-ita said:

The only annoying is 300 skits my God 

The titles are worse, it's 400 titles, and DLC titles won't count, if the titles are created the same way as Berseria, then it will be the most grindy one.

There's also one trophy about crafting weapons and another about crafting accessories, since Zestiria, each piece of equipment in all Tales' games changed, now each weapon, armor, or accessory obtained is considered a unique item, if to craft weapons and accessories you will need other weapons and accessories as a base, then it will also be very grindy trophy that might take more than one playthrough.

Edited by Someonew
Additional things to avoid spamming.

55 minutes ago, Shinigami_98212 said:

I got the platinum trophy on Ps5 version.

All I can say in this moment is no missable trophy, everything can be done in one playthrough. Luckly you can farm ESP and AP in the late game through a secondary mission. It's quite simple and I take 60 hours to got the plat. :)

How long is the main story? I remember that I finished the main story of berseria in 35 hours and I hope that Arise offers the same lenght. I am asking because I am a bit concerned about those 60 hours it took you to get the plat ( I expected at least 80 hours even without a second playtrough). I expected around 50 hours for main story and the 70 side missions alone + quite a grind.

Or is there barely any grind at all?

Thanks in advance ;D

Oh the most important thing: Did you like the characters and story?

Edited by GoDBoss173

7 hours ago, GoDBoss173 said:

How long is the main story? I remember that I finished the main story of berseria in 35 hours and I hope that Arise offers the same lenght. I am asking because I am a bit concerned about those 60 hours it took you to get the plat ( I expected at least 80 hours even without a second playtrough). I expected around 50 hours for main story and the 70 side missions alone + quite a grind.

Or is there barely any grind at all?

Thanks in advance ;D

Oh the most important thing: Did you like the characters and story?

There's an optimal grinding method that you unlock in the late story. The main story's lenght is about 40-45 hours and no, I take 60 hours to get the platinum trophy in a single playthrough, you don't need a 2nd. 
For the second question yes, I love the characters and the story, it's more deep that I was imagine. About the Platinum difficult, it's quite easy, all I can suggest is to dedicade some time to exploration during the main story, and...enjoy every single place of Dahna.

7 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

After the nightmare that was the platinum in Zestiria (I'm never doing that again) it looks pretty straight forward and less grindy, I wonder who the cameo bosses will be, hope it's Asbel, Tear or Velvet.

Oh, I think that you like the cameo boss(es)

• Like 2