Tales of Arise: Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

9 hours ago, Shinigami_98212 said:

I got the platinum trophy on Ps5 version.

All I can say in this moment is no missable trophy, everything can be done in one playthrough. Luckly you can farm ESP and AP in the late game through a secondary mission. It's quite simple and I take 60 hours to got the plat. :)

Thanks, you helped me make up my mind. will get it day 1 for the ps5

12 hours ago, Shinigami_98212 said:

All I can say in this moment is no missable trophy, everything can be done in one playthrough. Luckly you can farm ESP and AP in the late game through a secondary mission. It's quite simple and I take 60 hours to got the plat. :)

Great news but 60 hours is not too much. Game is great? 

A friend of mine convinced me to finally jump into the Tales series, so I'm starting with this one. I really liked the demo and if the guy in this thread is to be believed then no missables in a JRPG is a plus lol. Really excited to play this game, although I wish I hadn't decided to replay DQ11 since now I'd have to pause my playthrough :facepalm:.

On 9/5/2021 at 8:38 PM, Dragonslayer_023 said:

The amount of trophy descriptions that have to specify "non-DLC" is horrifying.

I bet the title skills.trophy will be the 100 hour grind one.

On 9/5/2021 at 8:42 PM, Ilzaki said:

Something about how they specify non-DLC for trophies amuses me.

Bandai Namco had the same specifications about DLC for Scarlet Nexus. 

They've said that there won't be any new story DLC for Arise, so the DLC they're referring to here is probably item packs and costume packs which shouldn't have trophies attached to them.

5 hours ago, Shinigami_98212 said:

There's an optimal grinding method that you unlock in the late story. The main story's lenght is about 40-45 hours and no, I take 60 hours to get the platinum trophy in a single playthrough, you don't need a 2nd. 
For the second question yes, I love the characters and the story, it's more deep that I was imagine. About the Platinum difficult, it's quite easy, all I can suggest is to dedicade some time to exploration during the main story, and...enjoy every single place of Dahna.

Oh, I think that you like the cameo boss(es)

This sounds very good compared to Zestiria T_T

Can you say that we can practically just play the game "normally" (No difficulty-related trophies?), explore and enjoy the story? Then, grind the rest of the trophy post-credit?

I play the game on moderate difficult (above normal). The game is very great, a next step evolution for the series (and tomorrow on 4.00 p.m the reviews will go out), but I can't say much more. You can do everything in the post-game that let you reload the save before the final boss fight. About the DLCs, yup, it's about all content in the Ultimate Edition (99,99$), these things don't count for the trophies. 

If you are wondering about colletibles (Owl) don't worry, Hootle will guide you to all howl when you entering in a area. ;)

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Shinigami_98212 said:

I play the game on moderate difficult (above normal). The game is very great, a next step evolution for the series (and tomorrow on 4.00 p.m the reviews will go out), but I can't say much more. You can do everything in the post-game that let you reload the save before the final boss fight. About the DLCs, yup, it's about all content in the Ultimate Edition (99,99$), these things don't count for the trophies. 

If you are wondering about colletibles (Owl) don't worry, Hootle will guide you to all howl when you entering in a area. ;)

can i enjoy the game in hard difficulty ? gotta make the most out of this game... :)

1 hour ago, Vendrik-Khoo said:

can i enjoy the game in hard difficulty ? gotta make the most out of this game... :)

Would like to know this as well, had a blast playing the demo on Hard so it'd make sense if it's the same in the full game, but maybe there are difficulty spikes or the game expects you to grind if you play on Hard.

On 7/9/2021 at 1:24 AM, Shinigami_98212 said:

I'm so happy about this, I can't stand multiple playthroughs plats like the Berseria one anymore, even if I liked that game a lot ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sion413 said:

where did you hear these bad things, may I ask?

I am  not sure if he is trolling ( it is his first comment) or not.

I have seen approx. 65 review scores and except for three they were all positive

While Gamespot and gamer no gave the game a 7/10,  even those reviewers were praising the game saying that it is (very) good game as a whole.

The last mixed one was from CGmagazine (6/10) and is the only kinda "negative " review .The reviewer thought that story and characters were bland and uninspired and he is pretty much the only one out of all reviewers who thought that. Maybe he is referring to that guy. Personally I ignore that review because no matter how good the story and characters in any media are, there will always be people who dont like it.

I also saw 3-4 opinions from gamers and they also liked the game. I think this is going to be a good game.

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, GoDBoss173 said:

I am  not sure if he is trolling ( it is his first comment) or not.

I have seen approx. 65 review scores and except for three they were all positive

While Gamespot and gamer no gave the game a 7/10,  even those reviewers were praising the game saying that it is (very) good game as a whole.

The last mixed one was from CGmagazine (6/10) and is the only kinda "negative " review .The reviewer thought that story and characters were bland and uninspired and he is pretty much the only one out of all reviewers who thought that. Maybe he is referring to that guy. Personally I ignore that review because no matter how good the story and characters in any media are, there will always be people who dont like it.

I also saw 3-4 opinions from gamers and they also liked the game. I think this is going to be a good game.

I got this from gamefaqs tales of arise board and PS4,from youtube who have the game already doing walkthrough.

11 hours ago, OutcastManGuy4 said:

I got this from gamefaqs tales of arise board and PS4,from youtube who have the game already doing walkthrough.

You mean the one youtuber who claimed that the story is wildly inconsistant and the voice acting sucks?

I cant really see bad things on gamefaqs, they are just discussing this guys claims but they dont agree-

By the way, you realize that there were also guys who thought that about god of war, the last of us or witcher 3 story?

I can also remember a youtuber who claimed that nier automata is an "unsatisfying, unfocused and incomplete product"

Did you like tales of berseria? Back then there was a reviewer who bashed that games story and characters as well.

You will always find at least a couple opinions like that, no matter which game and no matter how good the game is objectively.

The thing is: tales of arise is not a main stream game and also a JRPG and most reviewers tend to be (much) more strict with those games and it still has an average score of 87.

Voice acting sucks? Play it with japanese dub, problem solved.

Edited by GoDBoss173
removed homophobic slur

5 hours ago, KillLaGil said:

Mandatory asking for autopop beetween ps4 to ps5, is there any kind of save transfer or autopop? Because the download size is humongous and limited harddrive i need to pick one, qny info welcomed, thanks before

There isn't any save transfer options available (for now?) according to PowerPyx.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutcastManGuy4 said:

Should I just ignored these people and just buy the game tomorrow myself or test the demo version for the xbox one and PS4. Not sure digital version will be better for all consoles.

Tales of Arise is currently the best rated "Tales of" game of the franchise (you can check metacritic) with generally very good reviews everywhere. 
If you decide to trust those forum posts and YouTubers, that's your prerogative (Although I doubt most of forum posters have finished or even own the full game yet, it's not out until tomorrow).  The same applies for people that are in this thread. 

The best thing you can do know is to go watch/read reviews that actually finished the game (because of early review copies), read on the game/features to see if it interests you and lastly you can try the demo for a taste of the gameplay and characters from a ~1 hour section of the game. 

If you want opinions from "normal" players, you're gonna have to wait at least a week until the most hardcore peeps get the time to finish it. 

Edited by DragonSpear2462