Gotta Catch Em All - Trophy Help

oIMyersIo

On 25-1-2023 at 8:37 PM, bikeman223 said:

Can confirm that you don't need to complete the story to get access to the horse mask, the only requirement is completing the mission Eye of the Horse.

Edit: Finally found the Zebra, still feels like a blink and you miss it kind of thing.

Edit 2: And of course I find the one after it less than a minute later. I don't care what anyone says, RNG trophies are the worst.

Yes, when you finally found a certain horse, then you will encounter them frequently, part of the diabolical humor I guess.

The horse mask is one of the later quest in the game (but way before the final quest All Eyes on me)

Yesterday I've spend several hours, but finally managed to find all horses.

Maybe helping tips Finnishing a quest makes it day time. Also "aborting" a quest (getting killed) makes it day time.

Getting of the horse waiting just for a couple of minutes somehow increased also the chance of finding a horse (or maybe a break gives fresh hope).

The Black and White Warhoof = Zebra like pattern.

The spotted Charger = Giraffe like spots.

The Blue Horsespeed = not enitrely Blue (like where the Red Horsespeed is entirely Red), but alternating broad blue and white bars.

The Rainbow Charger = Very hard to distinguish, but mostly recognizable due to its lightblue blanket at the saddle.

(Chargers are recognizable by the fact they have saddle bags).

Hope this helps, may the odds be forever be in your favor ;)

Edited by GRDavies
little adjustments

• 3 months later...

General tipp for this trophy: Take the Neighard Horse, from the Police. Then run from the top bridge to the right towards the maincity, turn back, rinse and repeat, like someone here mentioned before, with the horse mask also ofc. 

With the Policehorse no other Police will spawn so instead of the cops a random horse gets spawned in their place, increasing your chance. Then only pray to RNJesus. But shouldn't take longer than 2-4+ hours.

Ps: you may want to try and kill pedestrians via horse while running, goes towards the 500 :P

Edited by TheNekosphere

• 6 months later...

Putting money in the fountain at Salazar's place (villa at the top right of the map) makes a huge and noticeable difference. I put about 1k in it (you can give about 10 coins max at a time so it's very tedious unfortunately) and got everything from the zebra till the last one in about one hour. I just rode back and forth between the two cities.

I can confirm you can get the horse mask way before the end game (once you've completed the main mission in which you have to use it, so there's no way you could miss it).

The zebra is truly awful to spot, even in broad daylight. You barely see the stripes at all because it has so much stuff on. I can't even imagine if I had to do this at night.

On 5/31/2023 at 9:45 PM, TheNekosphere said:

With the Policehorse no other Police will spawn so instead of the cops a random horse gets spawned in their place, increasing your chance.

I cannot confirm this. Police spawn was exactly the same for me.