Ibis Street Tales V (Vol. 6)

Alexgaara

The 6th volume of the "Ibis Street Tales" (or "Toki Alley Tales", same one) series seems to be done via fishing.

There's an ingame achievement, under "Teyvat Fishing Guide: Series I", called "Intermission", asking you to : "Catch a scattered page of a book while fishing in Inazuma.".

The pages you can get while fishing in Inazuma are from the 6th book (Video proof).

There's confirmation that you can indeed get multiple pages, and the fact that there's already someone who has the trophy here confirms it.

It seems to be totally RNG, with no fixed locations or anything. I've gotten every fish available in Inazuma and ended up with 0 pages.

The fishes take 3 real days to respawn (even though it seems some people are lucky and it takes them less time).

You can get pages from fishing in other people worlds (if they haven't fished every single one of them, of course).

Here's a map of every available fishing location aside of Tsurumi (courtesy of u/bejace, original reddit thread)

And here's the Tsurumi map (for the 2nd location, you have to use a Peculiar Pinion on an eagle statue, the statue is on the small island North West, the one with a small hut, where there are 3 wracked boats, thanks @Rekinek)

show.

This may or may not be the only way of getting them, Mihoyo could make them available with the release of Tsurumi Island (since the first 5 volume were tied to each of the 5 islands, it could make sense to make the 6th one obtainable on the 6th island, but I'm just guessing here).

Thought I'd post this anyway, seeing how long this could take thanks to the RNG & 3 days of waiting time.

Still, keep in mind it's just my understanding of this, I could be proven wrong, so don't waste to much of your time trying to go fishing in other people worlds and whatnot ?

Edited by Alexgaara
  • Like 2

Yes, inazuma has eight fishing spots, and I caught them in six of them. You have to finish fishing in the morning and evening, but there are at most two in one world, and then you can change to the next world. If you don't want to wait 3 days to refresh, you can go fishing in friends world and quickly get this trophy. I fished eight worlds, two of which had nothing.

• Like 1

Thanks for confirming how to get it mate, appreciated! And congrats on the trophy ?

I'll get it eventually by waiting the required 3 days between each tries, but it's cool that they allowed people to get pages in other worlds. Too bad the world owner doesn't get the pages as well, would've been the best of both worlds ?

20 hours ago, Gr4de_04 said:

Got my first page today. This is gonna take a while 1f613.png

Indeed, second phishing session for me today, got 1 page. I think there's about 55-60 fish to catch in those 8 locations, so I got 1 page out of 110-120 chances, the odds seem to be even worse than what's required to get artifacts with good stats ?

I guess Tsurumi island will have 2 fishing locations as well. That would make it about 70-75 fish | chances every 3 days, not much more but it could help.

7 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Yay ^_^ So all the other pages are from fishing right? I assumed they would be on the final island 

Yep, confirmed by yoxi-reborn. They could end up changing their requirements in the future, who knows, but for now it's only via fishing.

• Like 1

Pretty much why I'll keep it to fishing in my world, not worth this kind of hassles.

Btw, they released a new event today, with 1 new fishing spot per day.

You can only catch & keep 50 fishes per day in those spots, but once you're pasts those 50 you can still fish, you just won't be able to keep them and they'll be released. Doing so counts for the achievement related to the number of catched fish.

Hopefully 1 of those locations will be in Inazuma, and hopefully we'll be able to catch pages in that spots even if it's related to an event, and hopefully even if we fish past those 50 we'll still be able to keep potential pages.

Yeah, hopefully ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

So I now have 3 pages... going to take a while. Some people are so rude- I tell them I am there to fish. They say they need help with something. I help with whatever boss it is- then they kick me before I can fish :( 

Same, randoms always boot me before I can fish them dry. I was really hoping I could just go to low level worlds that don't have Inazuma yet, so I'm not even taking resources from them, but turns out it doesn't maintain my teleporters so can't even get there.

5 hours ago, Alexgaara said:

and hopefully even if we fish past those 50 we'll still be able to keep potential pages.

Yeah, hopefully 1f605.png

Do you really want to risk a scene like this?

> 50th catch: oh joy another fish, oh wait there's some paper with it...

> 51st catch also: back you go paper

• Like 1

On 11/09/2021 at 0:39 AM, Milktastrophe said:

Do you really want to risk a scene like this?

> 50th catch: oh joy another fish, oh wait there's some paper with it...

> 51st catch also: back you go paper

That's a risk I'm willing to take ?, as long as there's medaka to fish since they're piss easy to get, I wouldn't end up losing too much time.

Now to see if they will have some spots in Inazuma for that event.

1 hour ago, Mercenary09 said:

Can you get them from fishing anywhere or is it only while fishing in Inazuma spots?

Only from Inazuma spots

Only Inazuma. However, you can also get it from fishing in other peoples world as well. As long as they’re nice and they don’t kick you out. Supposedly each person‘s world has two pages. The bad part about this, is once you fish in your world it takes three days in real time for the fish to repopulate. So the more people that realize- they’re not letting you fish in their world

Edited by sealightbreeze

13 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

To debunk this, I got 3 pages in my own world yesterday.

Let me rephrase- you can get as many as you want in your world, assuming you do not run out of fish. If you run out of fishing spots, you will need to wait for them to re spawn in your own world. In real time

My point- there are at least 2 fish that have the pages in OTHER PEOPLE's world at one time. Nothing to debunk. I wasn't talking about your own world. I already got the trophy for it. It's a fact

Edited by sealightbreeze

24 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Let me rephrase- you can get as many as you want in your world, assuming you do not run out of fish. If you run out of fishing spots, you will need to wait for them to re spawn in your own world. In real time

My point- there are at least 2 fish that have the pages in OTHER PEOPLE's world at one time. Nothing to debunk. I wasn't talking about your own world. I already got the trophy for it. It's a fact

Could you rephrase again? What you're saying still makes no sense, lol.

Edited by BeautifulTorment

It's phrased exactly right. In order to get the last volume of the books- you need to do it via fishing. There are 10 pages you get via only fishing. There are only so many fish and fishing spots in your own in game world. Once those run out- it can take up to 3 days (In real time in real life) for them to repopulate. However- if someone else lets you into their world- you can fish. Assuming no one else has farmed those spots yet. So, yeah- what I said does make sense. You can get pages in BOTH your world and other people's. If you are in another person's world- you can get 2 pages per world (assuming they don't kick you out first, and also assuming someone else has not farmed them yet) That's how the people who got the trophy have it. We fished in our world and also in Co Op

Edited by sealightbreeze

Google search it- numerous websites have stated it. Just because I debunked your "debunk" doesn't mean you need to be nasty. I gave the facts. I specified how and where to get the pages. I'm not doing 50 questions. Just because you're upset your debunk was wrong. A simple thank you would suffice.  I Already have the trophy. Good luck on fishing. The pages have the same exact drop rate as very good/rare stats equipment. 

Edited by sealightbreeze

8 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Google search it- numerous websites have stated it. Just because I debunked your "debunk" doesn't mean you need to be nasty. I gave the facts. I specified how and where to get the pages. I'm not doing 50 questions. Just because you're upset your debunk was wrong. A simple thank you would suffice.  I Already have the trophy. Good luck on fishing. The pages have the same exact drop rate as very good/rare stats equipment. 

You didn't debunk me, you supported my claim.

10 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

My point- there are at least 2 fish that have the pages in OTHER PEOPLE's world at one time.