Anyone come across Horizon crashing their console when manually saving?

Kamurotetsu

Twice now this game has completely shut down my PS4 Pro, the first time I thought it was an overheating problem, however, both times it specifically shut down when I went to make a manual save at a campfire. There's a Reddit post I found with similar details:

I'm still not sure if it's the console overheating, a save bug, the game itself or some combination. At least there's an auto save option. Any comments on this are appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

On PS4 Pro I had by now like 50 crashes or so. It happens random for me, by just playing the game, but mostly around automatic saving. Sometimes it corrupts the save file, sometimes not. It does not look to be an overhead heat problem related, because it happens to me minutes after a cold start also. It might be an HDD problem, because I have other games crashing as well.

Lucky you. Imagine for a second, how I feel, when the auto save crashes the game for me. Sometimes after the crash I cannot even play other games, the whole console acts strange. Sometimes a restart helps, sometimes I have to wait a day till I manage to play a little again. I suspect my disk mostly.

• 3 months later...

This sounds like an issue with the PS5 Support patches, because I got the Plat and 100% on v1.52 and had zero framerate or stability issues when playing the Complete Edition on an OG Base model PS4. I used a combination of manual and auto-saves but neither caused any issues.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 1 year later...

Yes this happened to me the other day. I made a manual save and the game not only crashed but turned the console off. When switching back on it had to do a complete console restart check. Had games crash before, but that was a first. Now wherever it manually saves it gets a bit nerve wrecking. 

The saving is weird though. Its like it forces it into a pause rather than a simple transition like every other game.