Gran Turismo 6 Update Thread (1.09 Released June 18th, 2014)

Parker

The Time Rally has become my favorite event.

Taken from ReviewHaven's Facebook page:

Thoughts on the recent GT6 1.12 Update:

1) I like the addition of extra gauges as customization options for the interior views of a lot of cars. Just a nice touch.

2) The Sierra Time Rally has become my favorite event in the game. I've always loved checkpoint racing in games like Pole Position and GRID 2 - it's nice to see it make its way to GT.

The actual event has you racing the track as fast as you can, trying to reach the next checkpoint, while avoiding other cars on the road. Every car you overtake adds +0.1 to your score multiplier, and +1 Second to your remaining time.

You also get bonuses for jumps - I've seen from +1 to +4 seconds per jump, depending on air time - as well as for passing through special gates that grant you extra time based on how fast you went through it.

As you race, your score steadily climbs - as you increase your multiplier, it climbs faster. If you crash, or go off course, your multiplier resets.

Collisions can also cost you precious seconds, a hard collision with another car will take -1 second from your remaining time, on top of whatever time you lose while trying to regain control of your vehicle.

As you complete "Stages" on the course, you unlock them for practice. Complete a full lap and you unlock the full track for use in the rest of the game.

3) The new track, Circuito de la Sierra is impressively long, and extremely fast. Clocking in at 27kilometers [Roughly 17 miles], it's slightly shorter than the Nurburgring full course - but it's much less technical, and a whole lot faster.

4) The FT-1 Vision GT is a really nice car. I like it much more than the original FT-1 Concept - it seems to handle much, much better.

5) Quick Match is a nice addition. I don't play GT online much, but it's nice to be able to now jump into a preset race and not have to wait for a host to start or setup rules.

Edited by Fox