When I'm With You trophy not popping

JeffGordon2

Hey all, I met the requirements for this trophy on the latest patch (1.08) doing all 30 levels on this version.  I used the secret exit on level 15 but I've heard this does not matter on this trophy.  I did levels 27 through 29 consecutively to get level 29 done.  I have redone levels 1,12,19,20,21,22, and 30 again but still nothing popped.  I have not done the secret levels (31 and 32) but those don't appear to count and other than that I'm lost.  I have posted my level 29 run here if anyone wants to see it.  We used 2 controllers on the primary which was my account to make level 29 easier.  So that the geared up account did not have to endure as much enemies and switches to hit.  Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

Christ. This is extremely impressive. KingSuperOne reviewed your account years ago if I'm not mistaken.

DOOM 2 is my bane. Been stuck on this final trophy for years now, seriously considering downgrading to patch 1.03 using Charles and then brute force my way through the levels solo with a second PS4 controller.

I'll be using this video as some help. Level 29 is a fucking nightmare.

• Like 1

Yes he did review my account at the end of 2019 if I remember correctly wow time flies.  I'm pretty sure I remember he rather recently reviewed your account too.  While level 29 is extremely difficult and there are some advantages to 1.03 such as being able to pause in coop and it actually pauses the game.   The AI projectiles and movement is also slower I believe.  I'd assume you get hit scanned less on that patch too.  I did get the platinum after redoing level 11 of all levels I don't know why that one in particular was it.  I recommend making sure both controllers are on and one of them isn't dead and to not switch between shareplay and local coop midway through a level either.  If you plan on doing this solo with 2 controllers I'd get the lift where the cacodemon spawn is (the white barron blocks the switch) open and wait for the platform to raise up all the way with the second controller before going all in with your geared up primary account.  Then train the cacodemons away from the lift with the second controller so you have clear space for as long as possible this is where a second moving player would come in really handy for you.  As it is less enemies to deal with putting you in a better position for the final room with the 3 switches.  

Best of luck with level 29 man it is a nightmare indeed.  If you do use Charles I'd stay off the internet to avoid automatic updates as well.