Sendai-Horatio

Has Journey's Online Ceased?

13 posts in this topic

I thought this was still an active game as far as online went, is their info correct?

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Title

I checked and people have earned online trophies a couple hours ago, so unless it shut down like just now...

2 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I checked and people have earned online trophies a couple hours ago, so unless it shut down like just now...

Are there servers by region? Or is it that globally everyone connects to the same one?

1 minute ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Are there servers by region? Or is it that globally everyone connects to the same one?

I'm not sure and I did check both PS3 and PS4 and there had been online trophies earned in the last couple hours.

3 minutes ago, ChecoMayor said:

Wait what, every server is down or only PS3?

According to them, it's the PS3.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

10 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

According to them, it's the PS3.

Yea, but PS3 version had someone get the trophies in the last few hours, so unless they shut down just now....

Interested. I have this game on the PS3 and if the online is going to shut down, i think i can make this game a top priority.

Edited by Vampirehunter145

Online is working; just earned an online trophy with another person this afternoon.

It's likely they didn't find anyone, therefore they concluded the servers are shutdown.

I'm not sure,but I think this game runs a peer to peer network and therefore servers can't be offline since the players are literally hosting the session themselves.

45 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Online is working; just earned an online trophy with another person this afternoon.

It's likely they didn't find anyone, therefore they concluded the servers are shutdown.

If you look you up on PSDeals, you’ll see the “online features may be terminated at any time” clause on the PS3 listing. However, even if the person claiming it was shut down, simply because he didn’t find anyone, shouldn’t conclude so hastily. If it was truly shut down, there would have been some popup saying along the lines of “you have been signed out of the network,” and force you to play offline.
Journey™
https://psdeals.net/2310

Also can someone explain why we never got “Sky” yet from thatgamecompany? NX did, as did iOS…

Sky: Children of the Light
https://ntdeals.net/80940

I did the trophies for journey ps3 very recently, connected to people across multiple continents in order to complete it. Finding players organically is rarer than it used to be, but not impossible, 3 of my 10 people were found this way. The others were coordinated meetings.