Difficulty?

Xnzae

Yea, there's a chapter select, thankfully. The fact you cannot skip the cut-scenes is very annoying -.- 

There is but you have to play the entire chapter, it's not like you can select the chapter and a sub-chapter. And while I noticed you can easy miss a small detail every chapter like the Scaramechs in the coat closets or hiding behind paintings, I even ended up with the idea a full replay of the entire game would be more fun then grinding the separate chapters one by one :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I completed the game for the first time in memory hunter and got the platinium in around 9-12 hours. It is easy and fun to play. The collectibles are so many and together to eachother that you wont have a problem recognizing the place when watching a video guide. Also u can repeat chapters and they say what u are missing in each. The combat is not hard , once u get usee there wont be a problem. Afterall you fan heal yourself etc...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm only now playing this game (PS+ :D), and it seems ridiculously easy.  Every time I lost was due to some stupid mistake I made.  For instance, this game's combat system is quite similar to the Arkham games, and sometimes I forget it's not one of them, so I press the "counter" button, which is actually the "kick" button here, and I end up either doing something completely different from what I wanted or getting punched in the back.

The gameplay is nice.  I find the combo system original and fun to tinker with, and the memory-changing scenarios are great.  What I don't like is the art style.  Everything is so monotonous and generic-sci-fi looking.  This game would have severely benefited from cel shading or more interesting lighting.

I started with Memory Hunter mode and i am not finding this easy at all. i have struggled with numerous parts of the game. I'm sticking to it though.

I also started with Memory Hunter mode and while trying to do the other trophies more challenging than what most have said. I don't think it's a walk in the park and I have Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance plats. Now it's no where near those games difficulty but I don't think it's a joke either. It's feels almost the same level as the Batman games which is a moderate level of difficulty.

I'm only now playing this game (PS+ :D), and it seems ridiculously easy.  Every time I lost was due to some stupid mistake I made.  For instance, this game's combat system is quite similar to the Arkham games, and sometimes I forget it's not one of them, so I press the "counter" button, which is actually the "kick" button here, and I end up either doing something completely different from what I wanted or getting punched in the back.

The gameplay is nice.  I find the combo system original and fun to tinker with, and the memory-changing scenarios are great.  What I don't like is the art style.  Everything is so monotonous and generic-sci-fi looking.  This game would have severely benefited from cel shading or more interesting lighting.

I agree here, i also wish there was more to explore, could've been awesome.

I also just started playing this game, for free, from PS+. First play through on Memory Hunter. I'm not really finding it too challenging either, plat looks easy. Every time I die, its usually because I either didn't dodge quick enough or some silly mistake I've made, like a few others have indicated here.

• 4 weeks later...

There are only a few points where the game gets hard, but they're not common. All boss fight are easy if you know what you're doing, it's just that sometimes they throw a bunch of enemies at you and a few who teleport, and if you get hit four times or so you're dead.

Thankfully you can heal yourself with a healing combo so it's just a matter of practice. :)

I found it pretty easy to jump into memory hunter, but I did die quite a few times. Still, it's all relative and I've done enough games that makes this look like a cakewalk by comparison. I can see how some people would struggle a bit, but any gamer should really be able to overcome this with a little patience and practice. 3/10 from me.