Question for those "purchasing" through PS+

codphanatic

For those who are adding this to their Library through PS+ this month, can you check that you can still purchase the ps4 version? I can't come up with any specific examples, but I know there have been complications in the past with free versions of games, vanilla versions versus updated ones, and various bundles. And yes, I could try this for myself but I don't want to be locked out of buying a digital ps4 copy of this game. Thanks.

Edited by codphanatic

19 minutes ago, shlomaniac said:

Same problem for me. Full price for both versions and cross gen :/ 

I assume it'll get sorted soon enough - I vaguely remember a similar thing happening before (can't remember the game) - but I do recall it was sorted  out fairly swiftly

anyway sony became a lot greedy. before we had 6 games with many crossbuys in it. i remember games that was vita+ps4+ps3 with also stackable trophies. now, instead, we have just 3 games and even those crossbuy (ps5+ps4) are "splitted" just for ps plus purposes. don't know why they are acting like this. hope people will buy more ps5? the day a vanilla ps5 will be available at its list price then ill be happy to buy one. now only shitty bundles with shitty games and/or 10 extra controllers are "available" (u have still have to preorder them), so, dear sony, if u want people buy your ps5, then produce more of them!

5 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

anyway sony became a lot greedy. before we had 6 games with many crossbuys in it. i remember games that was vita+ps4+ps3 with also stackable trophies. now, instead, we have just 3 games and even those crossbuy (ps5+ps4) are "splitted" just for ps plus purposes. don't know why they are acting like this.

And people still complained just as much then as now. 

MOAR =/= better 

Sony gives out Plus games for their then-current consoles then and gives out current games for Plus now. The Vita and PS3 titles seemed to be at lower retail pricing than the general Plus titles now.

It doesn’t really matter though. Those times are long gone and they aren’t coming back. It’s probably best to stop giving Sony the $5 a month for Plus for only three titles (or closer to $2.50 for most of us who grab Plus at big discounts) and then use that money to buy the titles you’d rather have instead. 

15 hours ago, DaivRules said:

And people still complained just as much then as now. 

MOAR =/= better 

Sony gives out Plus games for their then-current consoles then and gives out current games for Plus now. The Vita and PS3 titles seemed to be at lower retail pricing than the general Plus titles now.

It doesn’t really matter though. Those times are long gone and they aren’t coming back. It’s probably best to stop giving Sony the $5 a month for Plus for only three titles (or closer to $2.50 for most of us who grab Plus at big discounts) and then use that money to buy the titles you’d rather have instead. 

well "retail price" it's something abstract nowadays. who the hell spends 70€ for a digital game that can be bought used (and physical) for 30€ and, then, even re-sold?? not mentioning psn sales...

anyway, i have ps plus mainly because im a completionist and even if usually i dont like online gaming, i play online because some trophies requires it. i preferred 6 games, many of those with easy trophies, than AAA games that i can buy for few bucks and sell again. add the fact many of those AAA games have dlc's that have to be bought separately (very rarely ps plus gives full editions)...