Hitman 2 PSA; which DLC packs Plus owners should buy for 100%

Golem25

7 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

The modern Hitman games have some of the most confusing DLC schemes known to man, so I wanted to put this out there for everyone to read before deciding to jump in. I'm a veteran of the game, having completed it twice over on Steam and Playstation (recently) and have had to deal with IOI's complicated releases by re-buying stuff physically - hopefully you won't have to with this handy guide.

For Hitman 2, there are 146 Trophies across two separate lists to unlock but you will need to own previous game and buy DLC to reach 100% on both individual lists. The 146 are split up as follows across two lists;

1. Hitman 2; 66 Trophies (included with Plus)
  2. Hitman [2016]; 52 Trophies (not included with Plus)
  3. Hitman 2 Expansion pass DLC; 28 Trophies (7 on the base list, while the other 21 of these make up the entire Expansion list)

I will now part things out based on whether you own the first Hitman [2016] or not.

If you own Hitman [2016] via PS Plus (February 2019), or have the disc or digital version of The Complete First Season;

• The PS Plus version of Hitman 2 gives you access to 66 of the 125 Trophies on the game's base list
  • Because of your ownership of the previous game, you can play the six maps from the first game and get their 52 Trophies for a total of 118
  • You do not get access to the 7 'HITMAN2122.png 2 Singapore' Trophies on the base list*
  • You do not get access to any of the 21 Trophies on the expansion list; simply delete it from your profile.

*To get 100% on the base list plus the entire expansion list, you must buy the pricey Hitman 2 Expansion Pass on the PS Store or salvage a code from a physical 'Gold Edition' Steelbook.

If you do not own Hitman [2016] via PS Plus (Feb 2019), physical disc, or digital edition;

• The PS Plus version of Hitman 2 gives you access to 66 of the 125 Trophies on the game's base list
  • You do not get access to the 52 Trophies associated with the First Season
  • You do not get access to any of the 21 Trophies on the expansion list; simply delete it from your profile.
  • You do not get access to the 7 'HITMAN2122.png 2 Singapore' Trophies on the base list

To be able to access that glob of 52 Trophies, you need to buy Hitman; GOTY Edition on the PS Store. If you want to buy physical, you must buy a new, sealed copy; the discs came with a DLC code for the Bonus missions which relate to 10 out of the 52 Trophies; no code, no 100%. You must also buy the pricey Hitman 2 Expansion Pass on the PS Store or salvage a code from a physical 'Gold Edition' Steelbook.

I will continue to edit this post for clarity and with more links, but for now this will hopefully catch out most questions. If you still have a query, post it below so we can catch everything in one single thread.

Amazing post thank you so much

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, themindisacity said:

Excellent write-up!

But 100% isn't possible anymore, right?  Weren't the MP servers turned off, meaning you can't get two of the Additional Expansions trophies and one of the DLC trophies on the main list?

Its mentioned in the OP post:

Are there multiplayer Trophies? Are they still achievable?

There is one Trophy for playing user-generated content which is 1/10 in difficulty and can be knocked out in 20 minutes if you're good at the game, plus three Trophies for playing each of the Sniper maps in co-op. Matchmaking is still online (despite the developer claiming months ago that it would be shut down - @themindisacity) and quite active, you'll need about half an hour to pop them which includes waiting for a partner to be matched with you. Again, 1/10 difficulty. I would focus on the Sniper stuff first so you can get it out of the way.

3 hours ago, Golem25 said:

If you own Hitman [2016] via PS Plus (February 2019), or have the disc or digital version of The Complete First Season;

• Because of your ownership of the previous game, you can play the six maps from the first game and get their 52 Trophies for a total of 118
  • You do not get access to the 7 'HITMAN2122.png 2 Singapore' Trophies on the base list*
  • You do not get access to any of the 21 Trophies on the expansion list; simply delete it from your profile.*

In other words, I still can't 100% Hitman 2, unless I buy the H2 expansion pass on PlayStation Store. :(

But, thank you for explaining this. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, themindisacity said:

But 100% isn't possible anymore, right?  Weren't the MP servers turned off, meaning you can't get two of the Additional Expansions trophies and one of the DLC trophies on the main list?

They said they were only shutting down the MP matchmaking, but were keeping the co-op matchmaking (for the sniper maps) up for the time being. The MP didn't have any trophies attached to it.

Edited by Stevieboy

7 hours ago, DaScorpio_ said:

Its mentioned in the OP post:

Are there multiplayer Trophies? Are they still achievable?

There is one Trophy for playing user-generated content which is 1/10 in difficulty and can be knocked out in 20 minutes if you're good at the game, plus three Trophies for playing each of the Sniper maps in co-op. Matchmaking is still online (despite the developer claiming months ago that it would be shut down - @themindisacity) and quite active, you'll need about half an hour to pop them which includes waiting for a partner to be matched with you. Again, 1/10 difficulty. I would focus on the Sniper stuff first so you can get it out of the way.

How did I miss that?  -_- 

the-simpsons-homer.gif

• Like 2

Thank you so much for the clear explanation, I always thought Final Fantasy XV was confusing and tried to take all my money, turns out Hitman is just as confusing here. Why do companies do this!!? Oh wait, it's the same company, Square Enix.

3 hours ago, themindisacity said:

How did I miss that?  -_-

It wasn't there when you asked. The post has been edited multiple times with new info.

----

I'm wondering how many trophies are now unlockable in Hitman 3 with H1 and H2 from PS+? If I get the H3 Starter Pack.

Edited by HusKy

Thank you for this post, I was trying to bend my mind around it when they announced Hitman 2 as being part of Plus, but I couldn't figure it out and kind of gave up thinking that clearly the Hitman games just weren't for me! This post has clarified things a lot, so now I'm thinking maybe the games are worth a go after all!

• Like 4

That's what I was saying before on Man Eater forum. The Games with Gold and PS+ free games are most of the times a sneaky way to sell DLCs rather than actually giving content. They give away Hitman 2 which was probably not selling well anymore since Hitman 3 is already out BUT they know if you want the full experience (not even mentioning trophies here) then you got to buy at least the pricey Expansion pack, if not Hitman 1. Before the Karens start dropping the usual "you don't like it you don't play it"/"no one is forcing you to buy the dlc"/"at least it's free", it reminds me of these Marketing strategies used on kids when trading cards companies like Panini give away 1 pack of cards with the official album to schoolboys "for free" because they expect the kids to buy much more packs later to try to complete their album. I admit you can still have fun with this vanilla version of Hitman 2 but I don't like the intentions hidden behind it, which is simply to milk more customers. I am very thankful this month for Overcooked DEFINITIVE editions but this Hitman 2 feels like a poisoned chalice.

Anyway thanks for the post that made it very clear about what you need to buy to get the 100%.

• Like 1

Perhaps we can get some clearance on this as well.

So Ps Store has a sales event on add ons and a Hitman 2 expansion popped as one of the item for sale. But this one says Hitman III Access Pass Hitman 2 Expansion. So my confusion is that if I buy this, does it also unlock the expansion for the Hitman 2 game itself or do I need to purchase the item that only says Hitman 2 Expansion Pass that is not on sale? 

This is really confusing, I know. 

e5YtriR.png

14 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Thank you so much for the clear explanation, I always thought Final Fantasy XV was confusing and tried to take all my money, turns out Hitman is just as confusing here. Why do companies do this!!? Oh wait, it's the same company, Square Enix.

ah, not quite, the first one was published by them (as were the old ones), but 2 was WB iirc, and 3 was self-published, which is probably why its such a mess.

26 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

So Ps Store has a sales event on add ons and a Hitman 2 expansion popped as one of the item for sale. But this one says Hitman III Access Pass Hitman 2 Expansion. So my confusion is that if I buy this, does it also unlock the expansion for the Hitman 2 game itself or do I need to purchase the item that only says Hitman 2 Expansion Pass that is not on sale?

i highly doubt that the h3 dlc would unlock for h2, so i wouldnt risk it, unless you just want to play h3 and not h2

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

e5YtriR.png

That's just so you have access to the Expansion levels in HITMAN 3 and only for it (you would get that one for free if you own the expansion pass for HITMAN 2).

The one you want is just the HITMAN™ 2 Expansion Pass (which isn't on sale).

x3KlMZq.png

For those that don't own a version of HITMAN 1 will also need the "HITMAN™ - GOTY Legacy Pack" (but only if you don't own a complete version of HITMAN 1 like the one that was previously on Plus)

C48SQr5.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

That's just so you have access to the Expansion levels in HITMAN 3 and only for it (you would get that one for free if you own the expansion pass for HITMAN 2).

The one you want is just the HITMAN™ 2 Expansion Pass (which isn't on sale).

x3KlMZq.png

For those that don't own a version of HITMAN 1 will also need the "HITMAN™ - GOTY Legacy Pack" (but only if you don't own a complete version of HITMAN 1 like the one that was previously on Plus)

C48SQr5.png

Thank you for the clarification. I guess I'll wait until the expansion for Hitman 2 is on sale. 

Excellent PSA, it took me a few hours researching this to learn all of it back when I got Hitman 2.

Tip to save money if you don't want to play Hitman 1 twice. I rented a copy of Hitman The Complete First Season from my library and followed the steps above to redeem/ claim the maps for play in Hitman 2. The game is excellent but doing all of that twice back to back would be too tedious for me. 

Great post. It had the answer I was looking for.

I was hoping to get all base game trophies since I own Hitman 1 GOTY, but apparently I need to pay €40 for Singapore. Hard pass for me.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

e5YtriR.png

Unless it's stated in the description, I don't think so. 

6 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

The one you want is just the HITMAN2122.png 2 Expansion Pass (which isn't on sale).

x3KlMZq.png

For those that don't own a version of HITMAN 1 will also need the "HITMAN2122.png - GOTY Legacy Pack" (but only if you don't own a complete version of HITMAN 1 like the one that was previously on Plus)

C48SQr5.png

In other words only complete editions allows you to play all levels from previous hitman games in Hitman 3, right?

I guess that's why after buying H2 gold edition some weeks ago The access to H3 was unlocked. 

I'm still trying to get a cheap physical copy of H1 goty and make it run with H3 starter pack.

17 hours ago, HusKy said:

It wasn't there when you asked. The post has been edited multiple times with new info.

----

I'm wondering how many trophies are now unlockable in Hitman 3 with H1 and H2 from PS+? If I get the H3 Starter Pack.

THANK YOU.  I was worried that I was losing my mind or something.