Hitman 2 PSA; which DLC packs Plus owners should buy for 100%

Golem25

10 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

In other words only complete editions allows you to play all levels from previous hitman games in Hitman 3, right?

I guess that's why after buying H2 gold edition some weeks ago The access to H3 was unlocked. 

I'm still trying to get a cheap physical copy of H1 goty and make it run with H3 starter pack.

Short answer is Yes.

For all HITMAN 2 levels you need two things. The Base Game (the version on Plus) + Expansion Pass (the Gold Version is just the two combined).

For HITMAN 1 is more confusing due to it being sold separately but basically, you need to have all 7 episodes (Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bonus Episode, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido) to have all HITMAN 1 levels in HITMAN 2 and 3. Any physical version works for this or the GOTY digital version that's being sold on PSN.
Just to add for those wondering that there are a few missions that are exclusive to the GOTY version (called The Patient Zero Campaign) but there are no trophies attached to it so it isn't needed if all you care is to get the trophies.

• Like 3

Since i'm a brain dead idiot i still have to ask. I own the PS+ version of Hitman 1. That means i can get all but 7 (Singapore) trophies on the base list?

To get those 7 i have to buy the expansion pack, but that pack will give me access to get all trophies even the 21 in the Additional Trophies list?

There no way to just buy Singapore?

As Mentioned by OP theres no way to buy individual levels. Bummer. Still excited to give this a go since i enjoyed Hitman 1.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Since i'm a brain dead idiot i still have to ask. I own the PS+ version of Hitman 1. That means i can get all but 7 (Singapore) trophies on the base list?

To get those 7 i have to buy the expansion pack, but that pack will give me access to get all trophies even the 21 in the Additional Trophies list?

There no way to just buy Singapore?

That is exactly how I interpret it, yes.

• Like 1

On 2021-09-07 at 2:29 PM, Golem25 said:

The modern Hitman games have some of the most confusing DLC schemes known to man

Great post. I remember when I jumped into Hitman (2016) and later Hitman 2 (2018) and was blown away by what a clusterfuck their DLC/editions was. Releasing a complete version, then releasing upgrade paths to the Complete EditionX then a GOTY version, then releasing upgrade paths for the GOTY, then having the individual DLCs that were no longer purchasable, then having Hitman 2 and its expansion pass and porting over all of Hitman 1 but not allowing progress like Hitman 2 to 3.

The always online and the confusing route IO/Square Enix/WB Games decided to take the way you buy the game and its content is easily the worst part of the World of Assassination Trilogy.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DawningWolf55 said:

I just got the expansion pass since it's $10. A steep discount! And to clarify, if I got the original on plus, I don't need any GOTY upgrade or editions right?

Nope! I have the same and i can get all trophies with the discounted expansion pass and the PS+ version of hitman 1.

So let me be clear one more time, just in case.

With new deals, both GOTY Legacy Pack and Hitman 2 Expansion Pass, are discounted. Buying this two for 10$ each, with the standard Hitman 2 (PS plus game), will give me all content and trophies (100%) from the Hitman (2016) and Hitman 2 ? I’ve always wanted to play this series, but I have to admit that all these releases are complicated, so thanks in advance for the answers. ✌️

1 hour ago, Steamroller_97 said:

With new deals, both GOTY Legacy Pack and Hitman 2 Expansion Pass, are discounted. Buying this two for 10$ each, with the standard Hitman 2 (PS plus game), will give me all content and trophies (100%) from the Hitman (2016) and Hitman 2 ? I’ve always wanted to play this series, but I have to admit that all these releases are complicated, so thanks in advance for the answers. 270c.png

Yes, you only need 2 things to get 100% trophies (Legacy Pack and Expansion Pass).

16 hours ago, Steamroller_97 said:

With new deals, both GOTY Legacy Pack and Hitman 2 Expansion Pass, are discounted. Buying this two for 10$ each, with the standard Hitman 2 (PS plus game), will give me all content and trophies (100%) from the Hitman (2016) and Hitman 2 ? I’ve always wanted to play this series, but I have to admit that all these releases are complicated, so thanks in advance for the answers. ✌️

Yes. However if you grabbed the first Hitman (PS4) from PS+ you don't need the GOTY Legacy Pack. If you didn't then it's a good deal since you will also get the Patient Zero missions (they don't have trophies). Regarding the Hitman 2 Expansion Pass, you will get the 4 remaining levels (New York, Haven Island, Hantu Port and Siberia).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wackt1 said:

is it currently able to be 100% because i heard something a while back about servers closing or something and that it affected trophies 

From the OP:

Are there multiplayer Trophies? Are they still achievable?

There is one Trophy for playing user-generated content which is 1/10 in difficulty and can be knocked out in 20 minutes if you're good at the game, plus three Trophies for playing each of the Sniper maps in co-op. Matchmaking is still online (despite the developer claiming months ago that it would be shut down - @themindisacity) and quite active, you'll need about half an hour to pop them which includes waiting for a partner to be matched with you. Again, 1/10 difficulty. I would focus on the Sniper stuff first so you can get it out of the way.

8 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

Yes. However if you grabbed the first Hitman (PS4) from PS+ you don't need the GOTY Legacy Pack. If you didn't then it's a good deal since you will also get the Patient Zero missions (they don't have trophies). Regarding the Hitman 2 Expansion Pass, you will get the 4 remaining levels (New York, Haven Island, Hantu Port and Siberia).

Erm, you don't Patient Zero in Hitman 2 if you have Hitman 1. You only get it with the GOTY Pack of H1 in H2, which cost $9.99. However, in Hitman 3 you can unlock the GOTY of Hitman 1 for free.

On 9/17/2021 at 7:37 AM, bendermac said:

Erm, you don't Patient Zero in Hitman 2 if you have Hitman 1. You only get it with the GOTY Pack of H1 in H2, which cost $9.99. However, in Hitman 3 you can unlock the GOTY of Hitman 1 for free.

Wait right there, according with the wording I see there: GOTY legacy pack $10 allow to play H1 in H2, but for you to run H1 in H3 you have to pay $15 access pass.

Now if you already got H1 through ps+ you'll never going to notice that. Otherwise if legacy pack would work for both H2 and H3 what is the point to charge you 5 more for the H3 access pass.

10 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Wait right there, according with the wording I see there: GOTY legacy pack $10 allow to play H1 in H2, but for you to run H1 in H3 you have to pay $15 access pass.

Now if you already got H1 through ps+ you'll never going to notice that. Otherwise if legacy pack would work for both H2 and H3 what is the point to charge you 5 more for the H3 access pass.

If you grabbed Hitman 1 when it was on PS+, you'll get the GOTY H1 legacy pack for Hitman 3 for free.

7 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

If you grabbed Hitman 1 when it was on PS+, you'll get the GOTY H1 legacy pack for Hitman 3 for free.

exactly, that's why i said: if you grabbed H1 through ps+ you have access to both h2 and h3. I didn't renew ps+ during that time. So for me it's H1 either physical or digital to get those packs.

Here is how to get H1 GOTY in H3 unlocked for free with PS+ version of H1 (Should work for any retail version actually)

> Download H1 + H2 & H3 Starter Pack (if you don't own H2 & H3)

> Open H1 and after the main menu close it

> Open H2 and go to Store and select Legacy Pack

> Open H1 and go to store and download all legacy maps, download can be skipped

> Open H3 and go to store

> Grab H1 GOTY for free

:)

with store I mean the one within the game themself

Great Infopost! I installed everything fine through free hitman 3 Access pass and is working - There is the Hitman 2 Expansion for 10 EUR on sale and the Hitman 3 Access Pass Hitman 2 Expansion for 40 EUR. Do i still need to buy the Access Pass Expansion or can i Just buy the Hitman 2 Expansion pass for 10 and play through Hitman 3 free Starter? I dont want to waste 30 EUR.