Hitman 2 PSA; which DLC packs Plus owners should buy for 100%

Golem25

On 9/7/2021 at 1:29 PM, Golem25 said:

There is one Trophy for playing user-generated content which is 1/10 in difficulty and can be knocked out in 20 minutes

Sorry to bother, but scanning the trophy list I didn't see this one. I banged out the 3 co-op trophies after getting the downloads worked out, but didn't want to miss one before deleting the game and starting Hitman 1.

Cheers

• 7 months later...

Sorry to rekindle the thread.  I have everything offered with plus. Only missing the hitman 2 expansion in the terms of content that gives you trophies. And i had question due to the recent announcement. 

Anyone knows if i buy this one : HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Expansion (playstation.com)  .The access pass on hitman 3 that gives you access to hitman 2 expansion.

Do i unlock the previous game version ? HITMAN2122.png 2 - Expansion Pass (playstation.com) or it just works the other way around? 

Because the other one is currently in promo and the other is still 40 euro in my store region.

Guess if i want everything im gonna have to buy hitman 2 expansion for that no discount price before the end of january. And i cant see the find one of those gold vouchers that was in the first posts (all sold out)

Edited by leandroxpto

12 minutes ago, leandroxpto said:

Sorry to rekindle the thread.  I have everything offered with plus. Only missing the hitman 2 expansion in the terms of content that gives you trophies. And i had question due to the recent announcement. 

Anyone knows if i buy this one : HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Expansion (playstation.com)  .The access pass on hitman 3 that gives you access to hitman 2 expansion.

Do i unlock the previous game version ? HITMAN2122.png 2 - Expansion Pass (playstation.com) or it just works the other way around? 

Because the other one is currently in promo and the other is still 40 euro in my store region.

Guess if i want everything im gonna have to buy hitman 2 expansion for that no discount price before the end of january. And i cant see the find one of those gold vouchers that was in the first posts (all sold out)

iirc you get Hitman 2 expansion for Hitman 3 and not the expansion for Hitman 2 the game.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, leandroxpto said:

I *believe* that if you buy the Expansion Pass for Hitman 2 you'll also get the Access Pass for Hitman 3, however, if you buy the Access Pass for Hitman 3 you *won't* get the Expansion Pass for Hitman 2.

• Like 3

I'm still confused what is needed to get 100% in Hitman 1 and Hitman 2. I have both from Ps plus and I bought the expansion pass for Hitman 2. Does it mean I can complete Hitman 1 and 2. 

If I need to buy more please tell me what and if I have to do something in advance to avoid missing out after the delisting please tell me as well. 

Thank you guys

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 4:01 PM, Fohlen_Leo said:

I'm still confused what is needed to get 100% in Hitman 1 and Hitman 2. I have both from Ps plus and I bought the expansion pass for Hitman 2. Does it mean I can complete Hitman 1 and 2. 

If I need to buy more please tell me what and if I have to do something in advance to avoid missing out after the delisting please tell me as well. 

Thank you guys

In terms of trophies, you're good. You'd be missing some trophy-less content in Hitman 1 since you don't have the GOTY edition, but you'll be fine for all trophies on Hitman 1 and 2. Just remember, and this is VERY important, that buying the expansion pass for hitman 2 only makes those dlcs appear as "free". You still have to go and claim them in the store, to add them to your library and be able to download them. Make sure to download both games and all dlc and check in the in-game store that everything is recognized as purchased (with a tick ☑️).

• Like 1

On 2023-01-14 at 0:07 AM, tony_snake_24 said:

Make sure to download both games and all dlc and check in the in-game store that everything is recognized as purchased (with a tick ☑️).

Do we know for sure this is required? Or this just a precaution? I bought the Hitman 2 Collector's Edition way back and it comes with the Gold Edition steelbook but I never opened it (and won't be able to) prior to the delisting.

20 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Do we know for sure this is required? Or this just a precaution? I bought the Hitman 2 Collector's Edition way back and it comes with the Gold Edition steelbook but I never opened it (and won't be able to) prior to the delisting.

It is a precaution. But... buying season passes just makes the dlcs free on the store, you have to go and claim them to add them to your library. If you don't, I'm not sure if the items will appear on your transaction history or library, only the season pass, which you could then show as proof to customer support that you bought it and maybe they can add the items of the season pass to your library. That's for digital season passes and dlc, in your case, I believe the code will unlock everything individually at once.

And we don't know if you'll be able to buy the content from the in-game store. Most likely not. Also, these games can be confusing with all of the options and dlcs and upgrade paths, access passes for previous game content, etc. as well as issues with mixing physical and digital versions, so checking in the in-game store that you got everything is highly recommended I would say.

• Like 2

On 2023-01-20 at 7:16 PM, tony_snake_24 said:

It is a precaution. But... buying season passes just makes the dlcs free on the store, you have to go and claim them to add them to your library. If you don't, I'm not sure if the items will appear on your transaction history or library, only the season pass, which you could then show as proof to customer support that you bought it and maybe they can add the items of the season pass to your library. That's for digital season passes and dlc, in your case, I believe the code will unlock everything individually at once.

And we don't know if you'll be able to buy the content from the in-game store. Most likely not. Also, these games can be confusing with all of the options and dlcs and upgrade paths, access passes for previous game content, etc. as well as issues with mixing physical and digital versions, so checking in the in-game store that you got everything is highly recommended I would say.

100%.

If the game didn't feature a convoluted DLC/GOTY/Editions/Online Connectivity/Upgrade Paths/etc then I'd say it doesn't matter and you can just freely reinstall whenever since the license is tied to your account/on the disc. But since it IS the case, I'd not chance it.

• Like 1

Bought the second games expansion pass, already had the first and second games through plus. downloaded all three games and cannot access the second games expansions despite downloading and claiming them for PsStore. it just says 'Gain Access' on everything. I just spent £30 odd on this, now I cant buy anything else as all content that isnt 'World of Assassination' has been delisted. Do you know if im going wrong somewhere along the line?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, McScunny2 said:

Bought the second games expansion pass, already had the first and second games through plus. downloaded all three games and cannot access the second games expansions despite downloading and claiming them for PsStore. it just says 'Gain Access' on everything. I just spent £30 odd on this, now I cant buy anything else as all content that isnt 'World of Assassination' has been delisted. Do you know if im going wrong somewhere along the line?

I’m in a similar situation. I thought I was good to go and found out I can’t access any of the Legacy levels in Hitman 2. I did open a ticket on the IOI website. I’ll see if it goes anywhere. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FlexibleCub986 said:

I’m in a similar situation. I thought I was good to go and found out I can’t access any of the Legacy levels in Hitman 2. I did open a ticket on the IOI website. I’ll see if it goes anywhere. 

Did you launch the games before delisting and “claim” it from there? If not, yeah, you’re probably completely screwed.

that’s why a few people were suggesting launching the games before the delisting as the way the game handles purchased content is beyond fucked.

20 hours ago, McScunny2 said:

Obviously it’s WB/IO’s fault, but the way they handle the DLC/installation/claiming licenses, etc for Hitman 1 & 2 was tied ingame and thus even if you bought it on PS Store you’d have to go ingame to verify the purchase, and since it’s now delisted you’re probably (unfortunately) out of luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Did you launch the games before delisting and “claim” it from there? If not, yeah, you’re probably completely screwed.

that’s why a few people were suggesting launching the games before the delisting as the way the game handles purchased content is beyond fucked.

Obviously it’s WB/IO’s fault, but the way they handle the DLC/installation/claiming licenses, etc for Hitman 1 & 2 was tied ingame and thus even if you bought it on PS Store you’d have to go ingame to verify the purchase, and since it’s now delisted you’re probably (unfortunately) out of luck.

I thought I had, but I must have missed the legacy content. I found out about the migration to Hitman 3 a bit late. I think you’re probably right about being screwed. 

It’s just annoying since I purchased the content. Seems like it would be an easy fix. 

• Like 4

On 2023-01-29 at 8:16 AM, FlexibleCub986 said:

I thought I had, but I must have missed the legacy content. I found out about the migration to Hitman 3 a bit late. I think you’re probably right about being screwed. 

It’s just annoying since I purchased the content. Seems like it would be an easy fix. 

100%. I give IOI a 1% pass since the first was published by Square and the sequel published by WB, so that no doubt complicated transferring progress and pushing patches past a given time frame, but I still think it's ridiculous the way the DLC & editions & certain things were handled.

You're right, you did buy the game and I'd not be surprised if many more say they did, because it's a dumb issue to exist.

On 2023-01-29 at 8:36 AM, woza32 said:

So is there now no way to 100% Hitman 1 & 2 ?

I have the PS Plus versions of them .

Did you launch them + claim the "licenses" in-game? If not, unlikely.

• Like 2

On 28/01/2023 at 9:05 PM, FlexibleCub986 said:

Holy fuck I'm in this same situation! I wish IOI could've been more clear about all this. I have the Hitman 1 maps installed but when I check in Hitman 2 I cannot access any of the Legacy maps from H1! Just says Get Access ?

@FlexibleCub986 please update in this thread if you get through, I too need to see what can be done now. Even after owning the content if we cannot access it it's a complete waste!

EDIT: Can someone please confirm to me that this is also not the only way of accessing H1 & H2 Legacy content in Hitman 3.... because I don't even own that game and they've nuked that content from the in-game store. If I can't access it then I'll just demand a refund for the Expansion Pass and say screw it to this terribly handled franchise.

Edited by Nabeel_of_Steel
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

So it is too late now to start?

Depends if you managed to grab all of the DLC or not (the guide on the OP has all the steps).

If you bought the pass and didn't download the content, or didn't 'claim' the legacy maps via Hitman 1 for Hitman 2, yes it's too late.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, iXanon said:

Depends if you managed to grab all of the DLC or not (the guide on the OP has all the steps).

If you bought the pass and didn't download the content, or didn't 'claim' the legacy maps via Hitman 1 for Hitman 2, yes it's too late.

I bought all the things,  but has not download or claim.  I just want to 100% Hitamn 2 and Additional expansion,  not possible now? 

Edited by TheVengeance1231

6 hours ago, Nabeel_of_Steel said:

Holy fuck I'm in this same situation! I wish IOI could've been more clear about all this. I have the Hitman 1 maps installed but when I check in Hitman 2 I cannot access any of the Legacy maps from H1! Just says Get Access ?

@FlexibleCub986 please update in this thread if you get through, I too need to see what can be done now. Even after owning the content if we cannot access it it's a complete waste!

EDIT: Can someone please confirm to me that this is also not the only way of accessing H1 & H2 Legacy content in Hitman 3.... because I don't even own that game and they've nuked that content from the in-game store. If I can't access it then I'll just demand a refund for the Expansion Pass and say screw it to this terribly handled franchise.

Yeah, might as well use Sony's generous one-time refund, because the game handles the access in-game.

22 minutes ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

100% Hitamn 2 and Additional expansion,  not possible now? 

Edited 16 minutes ago by TheVengeance1231

Correct, if you didn't launch and "claim" in-game, you're out of luck.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nabeel_of_Steel said:

with 

Yes, it's frustrating! I will definitely update you if I figure anything out, although my expectations are low. I did also send a message to WB Games, who were very responsive, but they just said that they are the publisher, not the developer, and I should direct the question to IOI. I have not heard back from IOI yet. I have noticed that they did eliminate some of the options from the Hitman 1 and 2 menus that seem to indicate you could still download the content, so changes have been made. It may help if they get enough questions similar to mine, but who knows.

I get why they removed the legacy pack from the store given the migration of all content to Hitman 3. This is probably a positive for new players, it would just be nice if they somehow made the content existing players already purchased available as originally intended. 

• Like 3

I redownloaded the game, I has everything but no "Hitman 2 - HITMAN Legacy: Bonus Missions DLC" ??

I checked I have installed it, but I cannot found in the in-game menu, where can find it?

Edit: Found it, they are in Italy and Morocco, lucky I have claim that few years before, thanks everyone. Will play asap.

Edited by TheVengeance1231