Isle-of-Miku

Quick Rant

20 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Isle-of-Miku said:

Imagine having a really good run, or several good runs if you go for all characters and then having a random crash at 4-3 (sadly this game has no failsave for that and no checkpoints)

Fuck

This

Game

this is one reason why I feel any game no matter the challenge should have a save system no matter what as if you fail or the system messes up and it might jolly will then you won't lose so much time. it is why things like mein leben in wolfenstein 2 or even the 7 day survivor in dead rising 1 are not just annoying due to having no saves but if a small thing messes up such as the game bugs out or the game crashes you lose all that time and progress.

Edited by Lonemankane

42 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

this is one reason why I feel any game no matter the challenge should have a save system no matter what as if you fail or the system messes up and it might jolly will then you won't lose so much time. it is why things like mein leben in wolfenstein 2 or even the 7 day survivor in dead rising 1 are not just annoying due to having no saves but if a small thing messes up such as the game bugs out or the game crashes you lose all that time and progress.

but surely having saves would make the challenge pointless?

2 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

but surely having saves would make the challenge pointless?

not really no, it would help sure it would make it abit easy but it helps so bs like a power outage or game crash does not ruin your time with it. it is worse when there is bugs that happen due to the game running for so long, like in days gones case when I played it, because I was playing it for so long around give or take 10ish hours the game began to have buildings and textures disappear and made the last part where you have to stealth to get out of a area impossible without rebooting the console and game. I mean look at a game like dead space 2 or evil within 2, you have limited saves and that is to me far better of a way to make a challenge.

As to losing progress due to bs like that is a gut punch think of it like this, if you played a lot of an rpg and sunk into it about give or take 100 plus hours into it and loved it and so on but then find out your near the end and then a game crash happens then all your save data is broken how would that make you feel? as for me it would piss me off and make me put the game on the side for along ass time like I did with homefront 2, good game but the bugs is what is making it a pain in the ass along with the fact it can break your save file.

Edited by Lonemankane

1 hour ago, Lonemankane said:

not really no, it would help sure it would make it abit easy but it helps so bs like a power outage or game crash does not ruin your time with it. it is worse when there is bugs that happen due to the game running for so long, like in days gones case when I played it, because I was playing it for so long around give or take 10ish hours the game began to have buildings and textures disappear and made the last part where you have to stealth to get out of a area impossible without rebooting the console and game. I mean look at a game like dead space 2 or evil within 2, you have limited saves and that is to me far better of a way to make a challenge.

As to losing progress due to bs like that is a gut punch think of it like this, if you played a lot of an rpg and sunk into it about give or take 100 plus hours into it and loved it and so on but then find out your near the end and then a game crash happens then all your save data is broken how would that make you feel? as for me it would piss me off and make me put the game on the side for along ass time like I did with homefront 2, good game but the bugs is what is making it a pain in the ass along with the fact it can break your save file.

I get that it must be very frustrating for game crashes to happen and you lose a whole ton of work, but the whole point of a run where you need to do everything in one go and not die is not being able to save, it defeats the whole purpose of the challenge because going back to a save is just like playing the game as normal

Yup... Worst part is most of the crashes happened on the good runs (finishing the "big 4"). Sometimes the save file would also get corrupted with the crash forcing me to unlock all characters again. 

the downside of having an emergency save or something is that people would abuse it and kill the purpose of the challenge, as they do in many 1-life games like Zombie (quit+save). CotN wouldn't be this legendary platinum if people could save their runs

No thanks. I will NEVER platinum this game. I'm perfectly fine with Max Payne 3, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and Super Meat Boy, thank you very much.

7 hours ago, Lonemankane said:

This basically happened to me in an RPG recently. I spent close to 200 hours on Kingdom Come Deliverance Royal Edition, I loved how immersive and challenging it was, then when I had basically completed everything except for the main campaign it happened. There is an unpatched bug introduced with the last DLC, as far as I can find, that following a cutscene during one of the last few campaign missions leads to an infinite loading screen. All of that time and no payoff, 10 hours sucks but ~200 is horrendous. 

I have put a little time into a new playthrough but the drive just isn't there right now.

Salute to everyone who had that happen on a Coda /Lowest of the Low run. Your country will never forget your sacrifice.

1 hour ago, Isle-of-Miku said:

Salute to everyone who had that happen on a Coda /Lowest of the Low run. Your country will never forget your sacrifice.

I think my game crashed once when I entered one of the levels in Zone 3 as Coda. It upset me but the fact the we all die in 99.9% of our attempts makes it less infuriating.

The latest patch of the game with the DLC installed is really unstable.. So if you're playing with it installed I would suggest backing up your data regularly or just removing the DLC altogether to stop the crashes.

17 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

I get that it must be very frustrating for game crashes to happen and you lose a whole ton of work, but the whole point of a run where you need to do everything in one go and not die is not being able to save, it defeats the whole purpose of the challenge because going back to a save is just like playing the game as normal

From your view it seems to be like playing on normal but I take it you didn't play dead space 2 or 3's hardcore mode or evil within 2's classic mode they all use limited saves and makes it hard as you need to come up with a plan for all you do and learn the game in a one run kind of game you have to do the same but the downside to it is there is a chance of luck and chance of the system crashing.

I found a lot of games on ps4 seem to crash if you do most of the game in one run not as much on ps3 or 360 but it seems to happen more now days due to bugs being more than how it was before when they removed it before putting the game out there and so on. As think about it like this when it comes down to having to use bugs and glitches to do a trophy like beat the game on a mode that has no settings it seems more your doing a speedrun and not really doing the game right. Like as an example again Evil within 2 or dead space 3 there is a bug that lets you carry over from classic mode the handcannon to hardcore making it piss easy same with evil within 2 but in that one you can use a cheat menu that is free for everyone to use as long as they got a account to besthesda and so on. 

I found Dead Space 2s limit save hardcore mode to be a good fair challenge same with dead space 3 but with 3 it has it save all the time so you can come back to it when you want to but if you die your going to the start of the game. The whole examples and point am trying to make here is that the idea of saves helps I mean resident evil made limited item saves as thing from the start and it was like a plan out when and how to save and when to use things and so on unless it is 0 as that one makes you drop items all over the place and makes it even more harder. I stand by my views that having it where it saves is best as if you do happen to have a crash you go back to where you were and keep going sure it has its own problems where you could back up the save and so on but you could always not use it like I did on dead space 3 however I had to basically do co op on the final boss due to a death glitch that happen to me on that game and yeah.

Edit: Forgot to put on here as another example Doom Eternal has a save system in that as well a hardcore kind of deal like dead space 3 it saves with all the things you do so if you turn off the game or it crashes it will load back to the point you was at before but if you die the game removes the saves just like dead space 3. It does not make the game any less harder or easier it makes it much better if anything were to mess up such as the game crashes or a bug happens due to the door not opening and so on.

Edited by Lonemankane

11 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

This basically happened to me in an RPG recently. I spent close to 200 hours on Kingdom Come Deliverance Royal Edition, I loved how immersive and challenging it was, then when I had basically completed everything except for the main campaign it happened. There is an unpatched bug introduced with the last DLC, as far as I can find, that following a cutscene during one of the last few campaign missions leads to an infinite loading screen. All of that time and no payoff, 10 hours sucks but ~200 is horrendous. 

I have put a little time into a new playthrough but the drive just isn't there right now.

I played kingdom come my views on that game is well I hated it but for along of different views but one of them is tied to what you said with how buggy the game can be as I had the game basically be unbeatable when the dude in the church refused to go to the spot he is meant to so we can keep the mission going I had to go back about 5 to 6 hours to a much earlier save to do the mission again to get to that point.

17 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

But the thing is when a game bugs out/glitches or just outright freezes meaning you need to reset your console, that's not the players fault yet they get punished for it.

29 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

I played kingdom come my views on that game is well I hated it but for along of different views but one of them is tied to what you said with how buggy the game can be as I had the game basically be unbeatable when the dude in the church refused to go to the spot he is meant to so we can keep the mission going I had to go back about 5 to 6 hours to a much earlier save to do the mission again to get to that point.

Until what I described above happened I was fortunate to not run into any other bugs of note. From what I found online the game was very buggy for the first year or so but much has been patched. There were definitely some hiccups in my first 20 hours while I grappled with the save system, learning to fight, pick locks and on and on but it ended up being very enjoyable. I intend to go back to finish it but it was deflating experience to say the least.

I don't know how long ago you played but it might be worth another try on the base game with the patches on an alt account at least.

40 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

But the thing is when a game bugs out/glitches or just outright freezes meaning you need to reset your console, that's not the players fault yet they get punished for it.

that's just a risk you have to take

23 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Until what I described above happened I was fortunate to not run into any other bugs of note. From what I found online the game was very buggy for the first year or so but much has been patched. There were definitely some hiccups in my first 20 hours while I grappled with the save system, learning to fight, pick locks and on and on but it ended up being very enjoyable. I intend to go back to finish it but it was deflating experience to say the least.

I don't know how long ago you played but it might be worth another try on the base game with the patches on an alt account at least.

i finished it dude and got the plat and the game to me was a boring grind fest and if it was not that just not a fun game, the bugs made it more annoying and I felt it loved to make you go into group combat a lot as I had to bascally for hours level up all my combat skills and for more hours level up other skills as best I can and yeah.

I felt like you never leave from being a shitty dumass who can't even lift a cup up without falling on the floor dead as the skills don't feel like they give you any real benefits, like you never attack faster with a sword or axe or club and or draw arrows faster when you max out your skills. but that is my time with the game as I found the only thing going for it was pretty much some of the side missions and plots around them the dlc was not fun and the combat to me is more annoying than fun.

I really tried to enjoy the game but not only the bugs and the grind make things so annoying and or boring the plot felt very to me normal nothing ground breaking or anything and when the gameplay is painful and the plot is not fun I felt like what was the point. I mean I really tried to enjoy the game but yeah never could

Edited by Lonemankane

1 hour ago, Lonemankane said:

i finished it dude and got the plat and the game to me was a boring grind fest and if it was not that just not a fun game, the bugs made it more annoying and I felt it loved to make you go into group combat a lot as I had to bascally for hours level up all my combat skills and for more hours level up other skills as best I can and yeah.

I felt like you never leave from being a shitty dumass who can't even lift a cup up without falling on the floor dead as the skills don't feel like they give you any real benefits, like you never attack faster with a sword or axe or club and or draw arrows faster when you max out your skills. but that is my time with the game as I found the only thing going for it was pretty much some of the side missions and plots around them the dlc was not fun and the combat to me is more annoying than fun.

I really tried to enjoy the game but not only the bugs and the grind make things so annoying and or boring the plot felt very to me normal nothing ground breaking or anything and when the gameplay is painful and the plot is not fun I felt like what was the point. I mean I really tried to enjoy the game but yeah never could

Well at least you nabbed an UR platinum for all your hard work. Sorry to hear it didn't jive with you but I get where you are coming from.