Nba2k22 Trophy Thoughts?

Mr_Wright95

We're finally back to a hard 2k platinum!  The two stand-outs are "This Is Sparta" and "Lottery." The former will probably be the plat breaker - you need to play 3 v 3 online which are games to 21 points, giving up an average of 7.5 points per game. If scoring is anything like it was on 2k21 this is going to be virtually impossible - even playing good defense, the opponent would still get bailed out often enough with lucky makes. The only saving grace for most people is if they retain the overall-based matchmaking from 2k21 and you can play with a low rated team and match up with bots a lot. If that's the case it won't be bad.

Lottery will require you to win 10 games before you lose 3. On one hand this is a lot more margin for error than "This is Sparta," but on the other there will almost certainly be zero bots in this mode, since you will have to pay MT to get in, and the games will be much longer.

The PS4 list is even worse - you have the same two difficult trophies + the requirement to fully max out your player's stats and badges in the mycareer mode. This is every bit as grindy, and much more boring, than doing the collector trophy in 2k20.

Edited by Andrea9281
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Andrea9281 said:

We're finally back to a hard 2k platinum!  The two stand-outs are "This Is Sparta" and "Lottery." The former will probably be the plat breaker - you need to play 3 v 3 offline, which are games to 21 points, giving up an average of 7.5 points per game. If scoring is anything like it was on 2k21 this is going to be virtually impossible - even playing good defense, the opponent would still get bailed out often enough with lucky makes. The only saving grace for most people is if they retain the overall-based matchmaking from 2k21 and you can play with a low rated team and match up with bots a lot. If that's the case it won't be bad.

Lottery will require you to win 10 games before you lose 3. On one hand this is a lot more margin for error than "This is Sparta," but on the other there will almost certainly be zero bots in this mode, since you will have to pay MT to get in, and the games will be much longer.

The PS4 list is even worse - you have the same two difficult trophies + the requirement to fully max out your player's stats and badges in the mycareer mode. This is every bit as grindy, and much more boring, than doing the collector trophy in 2k20.

I agree, the two trophies you mention will be difficult for most.  I think you meant to say “online” instead of offline (offline bots only if a similar opponent is not found?)

The others that jumped out as unknowns was Somewhere over… (catch the Unicorn) — what is that?  And My Precious, get an original owner Holo card.  Guess that is MyTeam and they will be awarded through challenges?  If you need it from packs, good luck, lol.

For 2K21, the platinum breaker for most was winning 594 stars in Domination.  That is 100 hours of gameplay alone even if you win every game (not likely).  And the last couple of boards posed a level of difficulty to most.

I am still burnt out from NBA 2K the last few, I really need a break anyway, would free up a lot of time!  

Edited by djb5f

This definitely looks more doable than previous titles in the series. The only potential roadblocks are the Myteam trophies. As that mode is a massive pay2win grind feat. Also that mode is cancerous in general. Than again most of 2K is cancerous. 

Lastly, I’m real sick of them using the same title for the platinum trophy. They been using it since 2k15. I guess they don’t change it because they assume nobody or next to nobody is going to unlock the plat (and they’re lazy). 

• Like 1

"This Is Sparta" seems relatively easy at face value, especially if you get it done early in the game's lifecycle.

"My Precious" is trying to push people to open packs since it has Original Owner in the trophy description, thus not something you'll get through challenges.

"Lottery" seems to be the deal breaker this year as looks like you have to win 10 games in a row in that mode (hope I'm wrong but 2K trophy history suggests otherwise). Will be very hard as am guessing you won't have any say in your drafted team and will have to rely on a whole lot of skill... and a little luck.

Edited by Cyvnyde

18 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

"This Is Sparta" seems relatively easy at face value, especially if you get it done early in the game's lifecycle.

"My Precious" is trying to push people to open packs since it has Original Owner in the trophy description, thus not something you'll get through challenges.

"Lottery" seems to be the deal breaker this year as looks like you have to win 10 games in a row in that mode (hope I'm wrong but 2K trophy history suggests otherwise). Will be very hard as am guessing you won't have any say in your drafted team and will have to rely on a whole lot of skill... and a little luck.

IIRC, Reward cards earned through challenges, domination, locker codes, etc. count as original owner cards.

Yes, Lottery was another that got my attention.  Not sure if you only have 10 games to get 10 wins (probably).  And whether you can play against AI (possibly).

17 minutes ago, djb5f said:

IIRC, Reward cards earned through challenges, domination, locker codes, etc. count as original owner cards.

Yes, Lottery was another that got my attention.  Not sure if you only have 10 games to get 10 wins (probably).  And whether you can play against AI (possibly).

Could be. However, cards earned through challenges, locker codes, etc. aren't sellable in any way, thus they're all Original Owner cards. Might be wrong but just going on the description that they'll be similar to the numbered cards they had in 2K18, albeit possibly easier to obtain.

Am also guessing Draft will be similar to the mode they had in 2K18 for Pack and Playoffs, which was solely a PvP mode. If it is 10 games in a row (or similar) in offline games then that'll be incredibly easy, regardless of what players you draft.

Edited by Cyvnyde

4 minutes ago, djb5f said:

They posted a dev blog explaining draft mode - your team is eliminated after 3 losses OR 10 wins. So unless the trophy description is wrong you will be able to go 10-2 and still get the trophy. No indication on whether or not there will be an offline draft mode as well. FIFA has the option for both online and offline draft, but I haven't seen for 2k yet.

The holo cards will indeed be interesting. I would not necessarily expect reward cards to have a chance at being holo - that would add nothing to auctions and would not incentivize people to open packs. I do however think that at some point in the year 2k will have locker codes that have a guaranteed holo player. Even if it's a guaranteed trash player like 2k usually gives with their codes, that suits our purposes just fine. Same situation for getting a card graded a perfect 10 - I would be surprised if reward cards can qualify for that, but of course we shall soon see. If not, punching in locker codes will be even more important this year for no money spent players like myself.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Andrea9281 said:

They posted a dev blog explaining draft mode - your team is eliminated after 3 losses OR 10 wins. So unless the trophy description is wrong you will be able to go 10-2 and still get the trophy. No indication on whether or not there will be an offline draft mode as well. FIFA has the option for both online and offline draft, but I haven't seen for 2k yet.

The holo cards will indeed be interesting. I would not necessarily expect reward cards to have a chance at being holo - that would add nothing to auctions and would not incentivize people to open packs. I do however think that at some point in the year 2k will have locker codes that have a guaranteed holo player. Even if it's a guaranteed trash player like 2k usually gives with their codes, that suits our purposes just fine. Same situation for getting a card graded a perfect 10 - I would be surprised if reward cards can qualify for that, but of course we shall soon see. If not, punching in locker codes will be even more important this year for no money spent players like myself.

It depends.  If that mode is like being in tier 1 on play now, then you'll have to win ten games in a row.  Hopefully, you'll have to go 10-2, which is fine with me.  It's definitely more challenging than the previous two, but 2k19 was still the toughest.

Edited by grimydawg___

9 hours ago, kevao97 said:

I tip my hat to anyone who is able to go platinum for an NBA, or MLB, or any of those sports games. they are alongside fighting and rhythm games.

You can't compare NBA games with rythm games like DDR or DjMax. NBA 2K rarely require skills, it's just a long grinding to get cards. For the hard online trophies, over 90% of people just boost .... Zero skill required. Not mentioning buying the most expensive edition and/or buying VC can give you a huge advantage over other players.

I remember the achievement list for DDR on xbox 360, it was just nasty, you could barely do it with a controller even if you practice for thousand of hours, let alone with the cheap mat they give you... To me, the problem nowadays with Fifa/NBA 2k/MLB/NHL is that their trophies rarely reward skills like beating the game on the hardest difficulty with a big margin but instead require luck (Getting a PotW in Fifa FUT or a rare card in NBA MyTeam) and boosting because it's more convenient or because the servers are dead .... I dont wanna do boosting, i dont wanna pay card packs to increase my odds of getting a rare card so i end up buying the games on switch and playing with my ps5 controller ...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

You can't compare NBA games with rythm games like DDR or DjMax. NBA 2K rarely require skills, it's just a long grinding to get cards. For the hard online trophies, over 90% of people just boost .... Zero skill required. Not mentioning buying the most expensive edition and/or buying VC can give you a huge advantage over other players.

I remember the achievement list for DDR on xbox 360, it was just nasty, you could barely do it with a controller even if you practice for thousand of hours, let alone with the cheap mat they give you... To me, the problem nowadays with Fifa/NBA 2k/MLB/NHL is that their trophies rarely reward skills like beating the game on the hardest difficulty with a big margin but instead require luck (Getting a PotW in Fifa FUT or a rare card in NBA MyTeam) and boosting because it's more convenient or because the servers are dead .... I dont wanna do boosting, i dont wanna pay card packs to increase my odds of getting a rare card so i end up buying the games on switch and playing with my ps5 controller ...

I haven't played the games you are talking about but with NBA 2K it is usually relatively easy to get most of the trophies, but there is always at least 1 trophy that is challenging. For instance with NBA 2K21, the online trophies were relatively easy but to get all Stars on Domination wasn't straight forward (yes the very skilled players probably found it easy) but you still had to win matches against the best cards in the game on the hardest difficulty. Yes it helped if you did it at the end of the year when you could get some really good free cards (which were rewards from challenges which themselves were not straight forward), but you still had to win the games.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

If folks only played the games, instead of ramble about what they don't know lol

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

so the structure of how the game works and the trophies requirements combined make up the difficulty, because from what I've realized it's necessary to play as early as possible, thus becoming a restricted platinum. a lot of offline elements seem to depend on online as well, whether it's through those cards you're mentioning or something else. I may be overreacting to compare the genre with rhythm games, but in the sense of being too restrictive platinum it's true - most people wouldn't, depending on factors like playing premiere or getting deluxe versions, microtransactions seem to fundamentally affect the trophy list, so I would say that the entire composition of the trophies is quite complex, even if this complex is not pure difficulty but a lot of impediments for the average player

4 hours ago, Yo_Its_DLOADING said:

well theres already a bugged trophy so thats an amazing start.
Belle of the Ball is bugged.

Yikes.  What pick were you?

14 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

Nothing too much out of the ordinary from a 2K basketball game.

Was there ever a NBA2K game without a glitched trophy at release ?

2k16 and older were fine SMH