Jammer_Key

How Is/Was Your Trophy Journey?

20 posts in this topic

After putting it off for 6.5 years, I recently dived into the trophy list once again and got 100%!

Man, it's been one hell of a journey. Originally I got all the single-player trophies including the Grounded mode ones (that sniper section almost made me eat my controller), then that damned conversation one bugged out on me. Played through the game 3 times for that trophy alone, and it never popped... After that, the idea of spending 20+ hours on multiplayer was too much, and I quit.

Then recently, in an attempt to "clean up" my incomplete games, I dove back in...

 

Gotta say, despite my extreme reluctance, multiplayer turned out to be an absolute blast! Took a loooong time to get used to it, but I grew to love the methodical and tactical gameplay blended together with calm and chaos. That being said, I really hated those "down 5" trophies. It's cool they push you to get good at downing your opponent instead of basking in the relatively passive warmth of being in a support role. However, the fact you can't manually choose a stage (only vote for it IF it comes up) made this a royal pain in the posterior. I managed to get all these trophies BUT ONE on the way to platinuming the game; the only one I had left was Bus Depot. I was sort of relatively confident in a way I could do it if luck was on my side, but It took 3 hours for me to get that final trophy. (One time the stage appeared, but everyone voted for the other one, and another time part way through I lost the connection to the host.)

All being said, I loved the single-player and loved the multiplayer. However, I hated the majority of the trophies, because of the buggy, repetitive, or random nature of them.

So, how are/were your trophy journeys? Did you give up? Did you plat the game? Did you 100% it? How'd it go?

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I loved this one!

 

I did all the main game SP things first, didn't do Grounded or DLC's. Actually didn't have any bugs or glitches, so it was pretty smooth, but didn't go for the MP at the time, because I was very new to trophy hunting and wasn't sure I had this in me.

About 3-4 months late I decided to finally finish it, so I actually boosted all the MP trophies while doing my Grounded+ playthrough. Have to say, although I didn't play it "legit" except for a couple of hours to mop up some trophies, I had a blast in the boosting session, as I actually met a couple of really cool people I am in touch with to this day, so there is that :)

 

Overall. I would say that I absolutely loved this game and I even replayed it after getting 100%, so I think it was worth it.

 

Congrats on the platinum!!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/09/2021 at 7:28 AM, Jammer_Key said:

So, how are/were your trophy journeys? Did you give up? Did you plat the game? Did you 100% it? How'd it go?

 

Great to hear you enjoyed your time with the game, (even after all those years!) and congrats on your S-Rank!

 

I loved the game myself - both SP and MP - so much so I did it all again in the remaster 😂

 

Wonderful game, and you're quite right - that multiplayer was so much better than expected - it was downright brilliant!

 

Can't say I recall any particularly glitchy trophies for me, though the MP trophies in the PS3 version were a bit of a pain, for exactly the reasons you said - the DLC. Those dlc levels are actually some of the best levels they did, but because not everyone had them, and they were just added to the rotation, it did make getting those trophies more difficult.

 

Luckily, in the Remaster, those levels are there for everyone, so they crop up with the same regularity as the other ones - couple that with the slight reduction in trophy requirements, and it made the Remaster a much simpler, less RNG-heavy affair, that I could just play - even at my modest level of competence - and get the trophies all done without the same amount of irritation.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 100% and it was a bit hard. I played for the first time on Survivor difficulty and I remember I struggled a lot already on the first few encounters, but I got used to it as I proceeded through the game. Grounded was a real challenge, the hardest part was surely when you fight along with David and it took me hours to get past it; I remember I followed a guide to know how to deal with the battles (The best strategies, how to spare ammo etc.) and to obtain the collectables. Eventually, I was somehow able to perform better than the author of the video and I ended my Grounded run with more ammo than him.

 

I got a bit nervous on Left Behind because I thought it was something much short, funny and easy to do, instead it was longer than expected and surprisingly hard, maybe as hard as the David fight in the main game. On the other hand, Multiplayer was very funny and I had a great time with it, I was able to obtain all the Trophies without the need to boost.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grounded Mode was extremely unfun to me, it's not a hard mode, it's just a mindless follow this path to trick the god awarness AI

the online part was super fun, one of my fav online games, I like that it's more individual focused than team focused, you can do good even with bad team members, but, having to complete 12 weeks or whatever it was for both factions was too much, I got bored by the first 3rd of the 2nd faction, and to finish it was a chore

the trophies for playing on specific maps were also a chore because most people just pick the old popular map and it's hard to find a game on the more fringe dlc maps

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved replaying the campaign, even doing Grounded again was enjoyable to me but I knew this game like the back of my hand so never struggled with that difficult. Doing the MP a second time though sucked. The DLC map trophies are much easier on the PS4 whereas on the PS3 I had to boost them but getting all the maps to appear was still a pain. Every one of those matches was me praying, "Please let me get 5 downs, please." So happy 2 has no MP.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave up on the opening scene of this game. Straight away got bad vibes and didn’t want to continue.. 

I should give it another go as No. 2 looks a decent game. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2021 at 7:28 AM, Jammer_Key said:

That being said, I really hated those "down 5" trophies. It's cool they push you to get good at downing your opponent instead of basking in the relatively passive warmth of being in a support role. However, the fact you can't manually choose a stage (only vote for it IF it comes up) made this a royal pain in the posterior. I managed to get all these trophies BUT ONE on the way to platinuming the game; the only one I had left was Bus Depot. I was sort of relatively confident in a way I could do it if luck was on my side, but It took 3 hours for me to get that final trophy. (One time the stage appeared, but everyone voted for the other one, and another time part way through I lost the connection to the host.)

So, how are/were your trophy journeys? Did you give up? Did you plat the game? Did you 100% it? How'd it go?

 

 

 

After playing & getting the 100% on the original PS3 version & then getting 100% on the PS4 remaster, those kill or down 5 trophies were a joy in comparison.

With the PS3 ones, although you only needed 3 downs or executions, not only were the maps harder to find & came up far less often in the rotation due to being DLC which not everyone had, you had to finish the match without ever dying which meant you had to be on the winning team or good enough to make a comeback by yourself if your team were wiped out.

 

The PS3 trophies took a small while due to the no death restrictions but I got the PS4 ones with no problems thanks to it not mattering if you died between downs or kills.

 

It may have been because of my playstyle (stealth flanker with the silenced semi auto rifle) but I never had any issues killing or downing people on either game.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did one playthrough and only got 2 trophies. Didn‘t touch the game since. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the 100%.  Like you the conversation trophy bugged on me and I think I ended up doing 3 playthroughs for that (my blind playthrough then 2 more for this trophy!).  Loved the game though and would do it again!  I dreaded the multiplayer but ended up loving it.  I still play it now years later!  The requirements for those trophies are very low but time consuming I suppose.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, iliya0212 said:

Oh, I loved this one!

 

I did all the main game SP things first, didn't do Grounded or DLC's. Actually didn't have any bugs or glitches, so it was pretty smooth, but didn't go for the MP at the time, because I was very new to trophy hunting and wasn't sure I had this in me.

About 3-4 months late I decided to finally finish it, so I actually boosted all the MP trophies while doing my Grounded+ playthrough. Have to say, although I didn't play it "legit" except for a couple of hours to mop up some trophies, I had a blast in the boosting session, as I actually met a couple of really cool people I am in touch with to this day, so there is that :)

 

Overall. I would say that I absolutely loved this game and I even replayed it after getting 100%, so I think it was worth it.

 

Congrats on the platinum!!

Congrats back at you!

Not usually a fan of MP trophies, but sometimes--as you have done--you can meet some genuinely nice folk, which elevates the experience :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

 

Great to hear you enjoyed your time with the game, (even after all those years!) and congrats on your S-Rank!

 

I loved the game myself - both SP and MP - so much so I did it all again in the remaster 1f602.png

 

Wonderful game, and you're quite right - that multiplayer was so much better than expected - it was downright brilliant!

 

Can't say I recall any particularly glitchy trophies for me, though the MP trophies in the PS3 version were a bit of a pain, for exactly the reasons you said - the DLC. Those dlc levels are actually some of the best levels they did, but because not everyone had them, and they were just added to the rotation, it did make getting those trophies more difficult.

 

Luckily, in the Remaster, those levels are there for everyone, so they crop up with the same regularity as the other ones - couple that with the slight reduction in trophy requirements, and it made the Remaster a much simpler, less RNG-heavy affair, that I could just play - even at my modest level of competence - and get the trophies all done without the same amount of irritation.


Sounds like I dodged a bullet with the PS3 trophies! :D Kudos for sticking in there!
 

18 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I have 100% and it was a bit hard. I played for the first time on Survivor difficulty and I remember I struggled a lot already on the first few encounters, but I got used to it as I proceeded through the game. Grounded was a real challenge, the hardest part was surely when you fight along with David and it took me hours to get past it; I remember I followed a guide to know how to deal with the battles (The best strategies, how to spare ammo etc.) and to obtain the collectables. Eventually, I was somehow able to perform better than the author of the video and I ended my Grounded run with more ammo than him.

 

I got a bit nervous on Left Behind because I thought it was something much short, funny and easy to do, instead it was longer than expected and surprisingly hard, maybe as hard as the David fight in the main game. On the other hand, Multiplayer was very funny and I had a great time with it, I was able to obtain all the Trophies without the need to boost.


Gah! How could I forget that fight with David?! You're right. That was rough going. I remember sneezing and accidentally standing up when he was near. Grounded is tough enough as it is without your own biology being against you xD

And, yeah, I breezed through everything in Left Behind until that final encounter... Ended up using speedrun strats from watching a video online. Always good to know there are more competent people out there to pull folk like me through!
 

17 hours ago, LockheedPrime said:

Grounded Mode was extremely unfun to me, it's not a hard mode, it's just a mindless follow this path to trick the god awarness AI

the online part was super fun, one of my fav online games, I like that it's more individual focused than team focused, you can do good even with bad team members, but, having to complete 12 weeks or whatever it was for both factions was too much, I got bored by the first 3rd of the 2nd faction, and to finish it was a chore

the trophies for playing on specific maps were also a chore because most people just pick the old popular map and it's hard to find a game on the more fringe dlc maps


I hear you about Grounded. I did get enjoyment out of it, but that sniper section almost ended me. Sometimes you'd get killed straight away and have to start again off the bat. Not fun.

And yeah, the fact you had to complete both factions seemed a bit pointless. The second set of 12 weeks felt slightly longer, but I ended up messing around with different weapon combinations to ease the boredom, and it made the game go quicker.

 

16 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

I loved replaying the campaign, even doing Grounded again was enjoyable to me but I knew this game like the back of my hand so never struggled with that difficult. Doing the MP a second time though sucked. The DLC map trophies are much easier on the PS4 whereas on the PS3 I had to boost them but getting all the maps to appear was still a pain. Every one of those matches was me praying, "Please let me get 5 downs, please." So happy 2 has no MP.


"Please let me get 5 downs, please." That is so true... One time I was the last player left, and had 4 downs. I was shooting the final guy to hell...but he had armor, and while I was overcome by pixelated bloodlust his teammate shot me down... Probably could've run away, but I got too hungry for the trophy.

16 hours ago, FocusDR said:

I gave up on the opening scene of this game. Straight away got bad vibes and didn’t want to continue.. 

I should give it another go as No. 2 looks a decent game. 


Can't say I blame you. When I replayed that opening scene at the start of my journey to the conversation trophy, it was over 6 years after I first tried and now I had a kid. That scene hit way harder this time around...
 

16 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

After playing & getting the 100% on the original PS3 version & then getting 100% on the PS4 remaster, those kill or down 5 trophies were a joy in comparison.

With the PS3 ones, although you only needed 3 downs or executions, not only were the maps harder to find & came up far less often in the rotation due to being DLC which not everyone had, you had to finish the match without ever dying which meant you had to be on the winning team or good enough to make a comeback by yourself if your team were wiped out.

 

The PS3 trophies took a small while due to the no death restrictions but I got the PS4 ones with no problems thanks to it not mattering if you died between downs or kills.

 

It may have been because of my playstyle (stealth flanker with the silenced semi auto rifle) but I never had any issues killing or downing people on either game.


So glad I didn't try this on PS3! Kudos for sticking in there.

And all hail the semi-auto rifle! (I preferred the scoped version, personally, because I suck at aiming while panicking :D)

 

15 hours ago, bendermac said:

I did one playthrough and only got 2 trophies. Didn‘t touch the game since. 


Not your jam? That's cool. Unfortunately, if I'm not a fan of a game...but I have a trophy...I end up trying to 100% it. I admire your ability to walk away.

 

 

15 hours ago, running_Amok_86 said:

I got the 100%.  Like you the conversation trophy bugged on me and I think I ended up doing 3 playthroughs for that (my blind playthrough then 2 more for this trophy!).  Loved the game though and would do it again!  I dreaded the multiplayer but ended up loving it.  I still play it now years later!  The requirements for those trophies are very low but time consuming I suppose.


A fellow sufferer! Fortunately, it's a great game, so it didn't feel too bad. The trophy not popping at all for me, though, did hurt. I could be misremembering, but I think I remember seeing your name come up in a few of my matches! I'd like to apologize if I took any of your executions... The first couple weeks, I didn't realize it was a dumbass thing to do... Still, I learned in the end, and also realized it was way more fun earning your downs rather than stealing them :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jammer_Key said:

Not your jam? That's cool. Unfortunately, if I'm not a fan of a game...but I have a trophy...I end up trying to 100% it. I admire your ability to walk away.

On the contrary. I liked the game. But I was very bumped to only get one trophy in the entire playthrough "Lets gear up" + 2 for beating the game. It didn't feel very rewarding to receive only one trophy. This was the reason I didn't touch it again. Buuuuut TLoU2 at least redeemed the trophy part. It was a much more enjoyable trophy hunting in that game. 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed not only the SP, but also the MP.  All MP trophies could be earned just through natural (casual) play - which was quite fun btw.  Speaking about the PS4 version where you did not have to worry about dying.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jammer_Key said:


Sounds like I dodged a bullet with the PS3 trophies! :D Kudos for sticking in there!
 


Gah! How could I forget that fight with David?! You're right. That was rough going. I remember sneezing and accidentally standing up when he was near. Grounded is tough enough as it is without your own biology being against you xD

And, yeah, I breezed through everything in Left Behind until that final encounter... Ended up using speedrun strats from watching a video online. Always good to know there are more competent people out there to pull folk like me through!
 


I hear you about Grounded. I did get enjoyment out of it, but that sniper section almost ended me. Sometimes you'd get killed straight away and have to start again off the bat. Not fun.

And yeah, the fact you had to complete both factions seemed a bit pointless. The second set of 12 weeks felt slightly longer, but I ended up messing around with different weapon combinations to ease the boredom, and it made the game go quicker.

 


"Please let me get 5 downs, please." That is so true... One time I was the last player left, and had 4 downs. I was shooting the final guy to hell...but he had armor, and while I was overcome by pixelated bloodlust his teammate shot me down... Probably could've run away, but I got too hungry for the trophy.


Can't say I blame you. When I replayed that opening scene at the start of my journey to the conversation trophy, it was over 6 years after I first tried and now I had a kid. That scene hit way harder this time around...
 


So glad I didn't try this on PS3! Kudos for sticking in there.

And all hail the semi-auto rifle! (I preferred the scoped version, personally, because I suck at aiming while panicking :D)

 


Not your jam? That's cool. Unfortunately, if I'm not a fan of a game...but I have a trophy...I end up trying to 100% it. I admire your ability to walk away.

 

 


A fellow sufferer! Fortunately, it's a great game, so it didn't feel too bad. The trophy not popping at all for me, though, did hurt. I could be misremembering, but I think I remember seeing your name come up in a few of my matches! I'd like to apologize if I took any of your executions... The first couple weeks, I didn't realize it was a dumbass thing to do... Still, I learned in the end, and also realized it was way more fun earning your downs rather than stealing them :)

The multiplayer is so damn good.  Its cool if you did see me, I play quite a bit still.  I don't mind at all about people stealing executions or anything I just play for fun now.  And like I say I think people worry about 'failing' the 12 week journey for those trophies, but when you play you realise how easy/low the requirements are.  The only thing that bugs me is when people glitch/shoot through walls but thankfully that's rare.  Hope you still play!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The multiplayer trophies can it be do e with 2 people or do you need with a full party?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/9/2021 at 10:56 PM, viaene96 said:

The multiplayer trophies can it be do e with 2 people or do you need with a full party?

There's several people still playing this, but they're level 999, don't even try to kill them haha.

The match with less people I played was 6, 3 each team, I don't know if it'll start with less people.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I slightly regret starting my playthrough on Grounded lol. It wasn't terribly difficult, I just wish I had done a no-death easy difficulty run to get that true survival feeling the first run through. 

 

It also would have been a more sensible idea, because I would have had plenty of materials to open all doors etc, which did cause some frustration in the latter stages of my grounded run.

 

I also would have saved a lot of time on bits like the library section, where I was trying to get all of Ellie's jokes in the same grounded run. Once I learnt the enemy mechanism (have to stealth final enemy in that section, otherwise reinforcements), it was a lot easier to get it.

 

But yeah, loved the game, glad I went for the full 100%, and after finally getting round to playing it after hearing about it for so long, it certainly lived up to the expectations. Got no urgent desire to play the 2nd one, but if it ever comes to PS+, I'll go for the plat lol.

 

 

Edited by groomyboy
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2021 at 7:37 AM, groomyboy said:

I slightly regret starting my playthrough on Grounded lol. It wasn't terribly difficult, I just wish I had done a no-death easy difficulty run to get that true survival feeling the first run through. 

 

It also would have been a more sensible idea, because I would have had plenty of materials to open all doors etc, which did cause some frustration in the latter stages of my grounded run.

 

I also would have saved a lot of time on bits like the library section, where I was trying to get all of Ellie's jokes in the same grounded run. Once I learnt the enemy mechanism (have to stealth final enemy in that section, otherwise reinforcements), it was a lot easier to get it.

 

But yeah, loved the game, glad I went for the full 100%, and after finally getting round to playing it after hearing about it for so long, it certainly lived up to the expectations. Got no urgent desire to play the 2nd one, but if it ever comes to PS+, I'll go for the plat lol.

 

 


Oh, wow! Right in at the deep end! I started on a higher difficulty and that was hard enough to adjust to, but Grounded...? Whew!

Regarding LoU2, I'm in the same boat. If it's on PS+ at any point, I'll plat it :D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jammer_Key said:


Oh, wow! Right in at the deep end! I started on a higher difficulty and that was hard enough to adjust to, but Grounded...? Whew!

Regarding LoU2, I'm in the same boat. If it's on PS+ at any point, I'll plat it :D

 

Yeah haha, I was gonna just go with Survivor, but then because of the Grounded DLC, I thought I might as well just get that and Grounded+ out of the way as well. I highly doubt I would have got the plat, and then gone for another run just for those Grounded trophies :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.