IvoryRose88

Suggestions for a good multiplayer game other that FPS.

16 posts in this topic

Me and my son have played alot of fun games together and are looking for a really good multiplayer game to play. He is 20yrs old for referance. (So no lego games lol) . We had a ton of fun playing monster hunter world and diablo 3 recently. Outside of first person shooters and sports games, can anyone recommend a good multiplayer game aon the lines of the games above that are good.  

Edited by IvoryRose88

Resident evil 5 is the best co-op game i have played. Even beat it with my misses :) highly recommend it if you guys wanna play through story together .

Edited by Vergil

1 minute ago, Vergil said:

Resident evil 5 is the best co-op game i have played. Even beat it with my misses :) highly recommend it if you guys wanna play through story together .

I agree, i loved that game. Ive actually played through that many years ago with my best friend. Ill run the idea by him.

Earth Defense Force 5 is a lot of fun! I also recommend Dead Nation and Helldivers. Two twin-stick shooters. 

I second Res5, the co-op works really well. I’ve platted that on PS3 and PS4 with 2 different friends and enjoyed it both times. 

Dead Space 3 was a lot of fun to co-op on the PS3. 

Me and the missus recently did Ratchet and Clank FFA couch co-op and that was fun. We have also since played All 4 One, which is more tedious, but also fun. 

Fall guys can be pretty fun if you’re in a good party. 

Dead Nation is a top-down co-op shooter, I enjoyed that on PS3, and will be starting that soon on PS4 with my friend. 

Although you can’t complete them, the guitar hero games are fun. I regularly play them with the missus, we have 2 guitars, a drum kit, and a mic, so we can each do whatever we are in the mood for. 

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles/Dead Space Extraction are on the rails arcade shooters, and again quite fun to couch co-op. 

Resident Evil ORC was a fun co-op game, though the online modes and trophies are gonna be a fair bit of hard work now I think. It was a ballache when I did them several years ago. 

If you have VR then some of the games like Astrobot have co-op modes that are fun and interactive where you have 1 person in the headset and 1 couch person each with unique roles to fulfil. We’ve had a blast with some of them! 

Dead Nation is a great one, as is Tesla vs Lovecraft, and Magicka 2 if top down twin-sticks are your bag.

the Trine games, and both Rayman Legends and Rayman Origins are excellent platformers and, while I haven't played it myself, Unravel 2 is a co-op game, and the first one (Single player) was great.

Overcooked is a good party-style, and part of PS+ this month - and Sportsfriends is another great, somewhat forgotten party game fit for 2-players.

Rocket League can be played split screen, and that game is an absolute blast. Resogun can too, and it's also great.

Knack 2 isn't a great game, but in co-op it can be fun.

Portal 2 has an excellent co-op campaign, but that is just a part of a predominantly single player game - but worth playing both ways!

It might sound wonky, but Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is a really fun couch co-op game. The graphics scream kiddie, but it's a blast running around to the various weapons on your ship, installing new stuff, and trying to save everyone in space.

Risk of Rain 2 is a big ball of co-op fun, myself and my son (16) play it together regularly.

A way out by hazelight studios the gameplays main focus is co-op there is no sp, I completed the story with my son local then with a friend via buy and play for free online.

Its a third person action adventure game played most of the time in split screen where you work together to clear various obstacles etc through the game.

Also recommend resi evil 5 and dead nation, both good co-op titles as well.

Overcooked is really enjoyable but player 2 doesn't unlock campaign trophies so you'd have to play through twice if your son hunts trophies too.

Don't know if this holds true for Overcooked 2 and All you can eat.

1 hour ago, IvoryRose88 said:

He is 20yrs old for referance. (So no lego games lol)

TIL LEGO games can’t be played by 20 year olds.

50 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

It might sound wonky, but Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is a really fun couch co-op game. The graphics scream kiddie, but it's a blast running around to the various weapons on your ship, installing new stuff, and trying to save everyone in space.

+1

Alienation, Fat Princess Adventures, PvZ Garden Warfare 1/2/Neighborville, Cat Quest 1/2, Torchlight 2 (not 3), Gauntlet

it takes two

a way out

rayman legend

Edited by HondaHoe

My favorite couch co-op to play with my brother on PS4 is definitely Outward. A so-so 3rd person action-WRPG when playing solo, doubt it'll be more fun online with randoms, but it's a blast with a partner who sits next to you. Even if you play together online on separate consoles I'd recommend sitting in the same room, preparing for a trip, getting lost real quick, crawling your way together though the game. I'd say it's the best in-game journey ever with my brother.

If turn-based, high strategy is an option,  Divinity: Original Sin and Divinity: Original Sin II are some of the best games I have ever played. Long and involved, but excellent if that is of interest.