Can you get both the Grounded and Grounded + trophies in one playthrough by playing chronologically?

TheIrishBrit

Looking to do one final playthrough for the two grounded trophies, but I think it would be more enjoyable to play the games in chronological order rather then playing the second last chapter on grounded + and then working backwards? Is this possible provided I have a completed survivor + save file or is the only way to get both trophies in one go the reverse playthrough method.

Edited by TheIrishBrit

Yes, you can get both playing normally, the reverse playthrough method is mainly for inventory management:  it makes it so much easier when you can use all your ammo in a chapter then revert to full ammo again for the next (previous) chapter.  Up to you which way you find more enjoyable, but either way will get you the trophies.

And of course, Chapter 9 sucks no matter what you do :)

Edited by FeelTheCosmos
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. So if I was on my survivor + save file to start the game on grounded difficulty, it would count as a grounded + playthrough and so I would get both trophies? That’s a relief if that’s the case.

@FeelTheCosmos Weirdly I’ve always found Chapter 9 to be one of the easier chapters but maybe I found that section so traumatic in years past that I am selectively forgetting the pain I went through.

For me, the sewer section with the stalkers was the worst part. Very thankful they were hardly in the first game.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheIrishBrit said:

Thanks guys. So if I was on my survivor + save file to start the game on grounded difficulty, it would count as a grounded + playthrough and so I would get both trophies? That’s a relief if that’s the case.

@FeelTheCosmos Weirdly I’ve always found Chapter 9 to be one of the easier chapters but maybe I found that section so traumatic in years past that I am selectively forgetting the pain I went through.

For me, the sewer section with the stalkers was the worst part. Very thankful they were hardly in the first game.

That should be the case all the difficulty trophy's stack even if u never did grounded regular before doing plus.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I cannot for the life of me beat grounded. I’m stuck on the financial district. I don’t know how 18 percent of people on this website beat grounded mode. I almost have every other trophy. I’ve tried the PlayStation trophies guide on youtube too the part is just so hard. 

Edited by kksolanki
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
18 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Not that I know of. I just tested, and the Ultra Rare count remained the same even after switching to PSN rarity.

Thanks for the info,it would be funny to see the psn rarity numbers

I think that the psn rarity on trophies is a toral joke compared to profiles btw 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

On this account I did it normally on both PS3 and PS4 remasters. But, on my alternate account I got Grounded and Grounded Plus via chapter select. 

I personally hate the Pittsburgh chapters, they are the hardest part of the game.

I'm playing it now on ps3

Do you remember if it shows

"Completed on grounded" or

"completed on grounded+" 

On the chapter select screen?

I'm in a new game + save

5 hours ago, AmazingNoeder said:

I'm playing it now on ps3

Do you remember if it shows

"Completed on grounded" or

"completed on grounded+" 

On the chapter select screen?

I'm in a new game + save

I think it just said, "Completed on Grounded" but I don't remember, the MP for the PS3 is closed now sadly, so if you already have completed that then you should be home and dry for the PS3 versions Platinum if you make it through Grounded mode, best of luck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

I think it just said, "Completed on Grounded" but I don't remember, the MP for the PS3 is closed now sadly, so if you already have completed that then you should be home and dry for the PS3 versions Platinum if you make it through Grounded mode, best of luck.

Thanks,yeah i already have the plat, unfortunately i don't have all multiplayer dlc trophies, but as this game is a masterpiece i don't mind coming back only for grounded 

It is showing as you say, only Completed on grounded,i think this is the right way

• Like 1