Deluxe Edition Upgrade worthless?

You

Is there any point in buying the Deluxe Edition upgrade for this game? So I checked it out and it seems like you getting a lot.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4133-PPSA03544_00-ALIENSFIRETEAMDU/

However if you read it all carefully.

Aside from 1 weapon, a shotgun.

It's just a whole ton of skins, colors and emotes. I mean there's nothing useful here, just one gun?

Nearly 30 pounds/25 dollars seems like a loooooot of money for no actual gameplay related content.

Who has time to use the emotes? I don't. And while I am playing, who cares or even looks at gun skins?

Maybe I'm missing something here, or is just this just pay to win to get the trophies easier related to picking up collectibles?

Perhaps if all this stuff was 5 pounds, or 2 pounds. But THIRTY! ...

I guess it's a season pass and included other stuff unannounced but it says at the bottom

" releasing alongside upcoming free major gameplay updates. "

Which makes me think, the gameplay updates are free anyway, so why bother paying? I don't get it....

I'd happily pay for better AI, or being able to replace two of your classes with human players, so there's 3 of you, AI style.

Or maybe I'd pay for 4 or 5 AI, instead of just 2.

I'd even pay for extra DLC content, just new stages to have fun grinding on.

Cosmetic only DLC though, why bother? Has anyone bought the Deluxe edition?

• Like 1

Game is in dark corridors where you can't see much, plus you're going to be looking out for Aliens, and enemies and keeping an eye on your UI and Radar.

Who has time for emotes when Aliens can be randomly spawned near you. Alpha and Beta aren't going to be impressed by any of my emotes.

I have some Wesker style glasses on, which I can only see on the loading screen, since well, you know, because it's on my face.

Seems like the wrong game to me to have stuff like this in.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

It's just a whole ton of skins, colors and emotes. I mean there's nothing useful here, just one gun?

Hats, colorways, decals and emotes are part of the grindy collectibles, so it's useful for four or more trophies.

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Hats, colorways, decals and emotes are part of the grindy collectibles, so it's useful for four or more trophies.

Yeah, but it seems you unlock random decals and emotes just by picking up hidden crates and while clearing stages, I bought all the cheap ones so the more expensive ones get collected instead. You can probably unlock them quicker if you buy the DLC, however you still need to play leveling up characters classes, guns, getting 1000 giant alien kills etc. So you're just unlocking these trophies earlier than the other ones.

Downloading the latest patch and having 22 guns upgraded to 4 stars, for free, that's really handy though. One of the first times I can think of when I've benefited getting a game on first week of release. That must have been a hell of a grind since I only managed to get 2 guns up to 4 stars after 20 hours of play or so.

• 1 year later...
On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2021 at 7:00 AM, enaysoft said:

I know this is nearly 2 years old, but the gun is not completely worthless as when I got the ultimate edition of the game when it was on sale it. the shotgun is not bad it is on par to the pump action plus it is fast both reload and firing. it goes well with Tech class and Phalanx builds. it is less effective in longer range but it is one of the best CQW in the game along with the normal pump action.

• Like 1