MrWright95 - Tackling a Decade of Backlog

Mr_Wright95

1Sbb19d5.png40-platinum.png1Sbb19d5.png

Platinum 111 & 112

Nickelodeon All Star Brawl PS4 + PS5 Versions (No Autopop)

Fun game, I have never played smash before so I enjoyed this for what it was. Wasn't very hard, and a nice return to trophy hunting.

1S7e6019.png40-platinum.png1S7e6019.png

Platinum 113 & 115

Among Us (Task and Kill totals Autopopped, but I didn't plan on that happening)

Sadly the kills and task trophies auto popped on Stack 2, but overall this was a pretty easy platinum both times. I boosted this with my own accounts for some of the harder stuff and it was much easier that way.

1Sb4b014.png40-platinum.png1Sb4b014.png

Platinum 114

Cricket 22

Had to wait a few months to platinum this one as a few of the trophies needed a second controller to be made easier. Overall this was a fun cricket game, but I was ready for it to be over once I got the platinum.

1Se66ed6.png40-platinum.png1Se66ed6.png

Platinum 116

Maneater

Honestly a great trophy list. The gameplay was simple and repetitive, but it had charm in its own way and I really enjoyed this game throughout. This game reminded me a lot about what trophy hunting and game should be, fun.

As can be seen, this month has been one of my biggest months in some time for finishing games. I have now moved into my new home and so will always have a console to come home to, whereas before being between my parents house and partners house, half the time I couldn't game.

I'm excited to see what the future holds for my trophy hunting journey. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

About a month since the last Update and some solid progress through some games I have been working on:

1S6a7c7e.png40-platinum.png1S6a7c7e.png

Platinum 117: 

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One (PS3)

This game boasts the rarest platinum in the Ratchet and Clank Series and whilst the game is not particularly hard, this Platinum was a bit of a pain. Firstly having to buy an online pass for $10ish dollars for 2 trophies felt like a robbery + if I didn't have a friend who owned this I never would've been able to get the Platinum. 
Aside from that the game itself is pretty decent. Its nothing ground-breaking but my Fiancé and I played through this together and for what its worth we had fun. Some levels and trophies are a bit tedious, but glad to have knocked this one out and I am heading towards having all of the Ratchet and Clank Platinum's!

1S26247a.png40-platinum.png1S26247a.png

Platinum 118:

Assassins Creed II Remastered (PS4)

This Game I platinumed back on the PS3 early in my trophy hunting "Career" and it was great to return to the world of Ezio. Recent AC games I have played have really taken a toll on me towards the end, being quite long and arduous, so it felt great to return to a more streamlined AC game and arguably one of the best!

This game sat sealed on my shelf for the past 2 and a half years, so its always good to tackle something that has been sitting waiting for so long. Definitely had fun doing this one and collecting the Feathers was nowhere near as painful as I remember.

1S10028e.png40-platinum.png1S10028e.png

Platinum 119:

Sly Cooper I (PS3)

This is my first true introduction to the Sly Cooper games. Technically I started Thieves in Time years ago, but stopped playing (I will come back to it!) Nevertheless I absolutely adore platformers and this has been on my want list for as long as I have been playing games. I always prefer the physical edition of games, but this was simply too expensive to justify, so finally pulled the trigger and bought the Digital edition. 

I really enjoyed this game and am looking forward to knocking out the rest of this franchise. 

1S8382f0.png40-platinum.png1S8382f0.png

Platinum 120:

Call of Duty Vanguard (PS5)

Another COD platinum in the books. Not too much to say about this one, fairly standard COD trophy list. The veteran campaign was not hard at all compared to some previous instalments in the series. The Zombies trophies are easy and can be done solo and the Online trophies for Multiplayer come naturally if you play a fair bit. Glad I picked this one up, I do love a COD platinum from time to time

1S1c1eee.png40-platinum.png1S1c1eee.png
Platinum 121:

Overcooked: All You Can Eat (PS5)

Another game I played with my Fiancé, I must say I have been enjoying playing couch COOP with her. Anyways this was my first introduction to the overcooked franchise. I must say it was pretty fun. The levels are not too hard and the star requirements in this seem pretty forgiving. By the end of this game my partner and I where really becoming experts and had become quite an efficient team which felt satisfying. 

A few tedious trophies to keep in mind, but really not too bad and overall enjoyed this one.

Edited by Mr_Wright95
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Another Month or so has passed and another diverse month of Platinums:

1S971277.png40-platinum.png1S971277.png
Platinum 122:

Matchpoint: Tennis Championships (PS5)

Being honest this game was quite a buggy mess, but in terms of gameplay, I really loved it. I hadn't played a tennis game since the Ps2 Era (SmashCourt PT2) and I loved this game. The gameplay feels natural and I did as a whole, enjoy this game. The servers are already pretty baron and a few trophies can be a real grind, but if you like tennis games it is worth a shot.

1S54097a.png40-platinum.png1S54097a.png

Platinum 123:

Sly II (PS3)
Following on from last month, Another Sly game has been wrapped up. This game felt great and I enjoyed going through this one just as much as Sly I. I think this game expands on the original game well. I plan to get to Sly III shortly so expect to have the trilogy wrapped up either in September or October, but this series seems like a gem I had somehow missed in my younger years.

1S212432.png40-platinum.png1S212432.png

Platinum 124: 
Kao the Kangaroo (PS5)

This game gave me mixed feelings. First of all the trophy list is super straightforward as is the gameplay, but with that being said this game should've been a massive hit for me. I love this genre and this game tries to hit elements of Crash/Spyro/Ratchet but still for some reason left me wanting a bit more. The graphics are awesome and the gameplay is decent, but I think it could've been better. If this was a PS3 game (with PS3 Graphics) I think it would've been a hit, but I think it was a bit lacking to be considered a great game. I did enjoy it and might Platinum it a second time in the future, but it was overall just a decent platformer.

1S60edd1.png40-platinum.png1S60edd1.png

Platinum 125:
Everybody's Golf (PS4)

A Great Platinum Image, A Great Game and A Great Milestone Platinum. This game is one I never thought I would platinum. With the help of this website and getting my hand on a glitched character, the harder trophies became doable and then it was just down to grinding before server closures. I have always loved the Hot Shots / Everybody's golf franchise and I hope that this is not the last instalment in the series. I am super proud to have this game as a milestone and I am happy I went back to this nearly 4 years later before the servers closed.

1S5611fa.png40-platinum.png1S5611fa.png

Platinum 126: 

Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom Remastered (PS4)

This game was honestly pretty good. I followed a guide for most of it and even still it wasn't too boring an experience which is rare. Normally I am bored out of my mind following a guide, but this was a nice enough game, with a quick Platinum

1Sffb10c.png40-platinum.png1Sffb10c.png

Platinum 127:

Ratchet: Deadlocked (PS3)

Another Ratchet and Clank game done and dusted. This was a fun little game with not a lot of story and a simple gameplay loop. It definitely isn't the best game in the franchise, but an average Ratchet game is still better than most. I really enjoyed this one and am enjoying my progress through the Ratchet and Clank franchise as I am to have all Platinums 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

9/9/22 

1 Year exactly since making this list and starting to tackle and track my backlog so lets assess how that has gone 1 year in.

Stats:

45 Platinums / 42 Games completed off my list (+2 returned and 1 unavoidable Autopop)

1668 Trophies (4.56 Per day average!)

89 Games added to the backlog list (50.5% ratio of games finished on list vs games added) (14 PS+)

Assessment:

Whilst at a glance it looks like this has not been a good effort in tackling my backlog as it has increased by 44 games, my games Wishlist has significantly dropped as many have been purchased, meaning that overall I would say the year has been a success. 

This coming year all going well I expect to earn more trophies and add far less games to the backlog list, so it was a solid year of trophy hunting.

Aside from the month prior to moving houses this has also been my most consistent year of trophy hunting!

Goals For The Next Year:

10 PS3 Platinums

More Games Finished than Purchased (Ambitious)

At Least 1 Uncharted Platinum on PS3 + PS4

At Least 1 Dark Souls / Bloodborne / Demon Souls Platinum

2 More Assassin Creed Platinums

God of War Platinum

Dying Light Platinum (assuming patched)

The Outer Worlds Platinum

Until Dawn Platinum

• Like 4

On 6/28/2022 at 6:17 PM, Mr_Wright95 said:

1Sb4b014.png40-platinum.png1Sb4b014.png

Platinum 114

Cricket 22

Had to wait a few months to platinum this one as a few of the trophies needed a second controller to be made easier. Overall this was a fun cricket game, but I was ready for it to be over once I got the platinum.

Oh sweet! This was a bit of a buggy mess for the first couple of months with trophies not popping and whatnot. Despite that, I also really enjoyed the game (and have enjoyed the last couple of versions from them). Are you going to get this on PS4 too?

4 hours ago, NZBigC said:

Oh sweet! This was a bit of a buggy mess for the first couple of months with trophies not popping and whatnot. Despite that, I also really enjoyed the game (and have enjoyed the last couple of versions from them). Are you going to get this on PS4 too?

I think I will just stick with the PS5 version, I enjoyed it but dont have much desire to go back :) 

• 3 weeks later...

September 2022 Update: 
My 3rd Most Total Trophies Earned in a Month Thus Far

(Not too bad considering a few long games played this month)

1Sa97718.png40-platinum.png1Sa97718.png

Platinum 128:

Marvels Spiderman Remastered (PS5)

It has been a few years since I last played this game and it is as good as I remember. Still a great trophy list and this time around I tackled the DLC trophies (excluding NG+) 

Really enjoyed this one and am keen to smash out Miles whenever I get around to buying it. 

1Sb72bf6.png40-platinum.png1Sb72bf6.png

Platinum 129:
Toem (PS5)

I followed a guide the whole way through this game, but still really enjoyed this one. Normally I hate following guides as it kills the fun, but for this one It was still great with the guide.

When I finally reached the summit to see "Toem" I realised this was the games first use of colour which was masterfully done and made the moment quite beautiful and emotive. 

1S8d4dd8.png40-platinum.png1S8d4dd8.png

Platinum 130:

Dragonball Z Budokai HD Collection (PS3)

I did not expect to get this platinum. I gave up on it some time ago, but a new guide was posted here and it became one of those scenarios where you come back to a game after a break and it seems much easier. Upon reflection I think I was a bit burnt out on this one.

Regardless I am glad to have this one finally ticked off and am happy I was able to beat it.

Considering the platinum rarity of 25% it would have been one of the most common platinum's I couldn't get done.

1S025185.png40-platinum.png1S025185.png

Platinum 131: 

Immortals Fenyx Rising (PS5)
Had this on my list for years and always wanted to play it. I am glad I finally got around to it. The campaign was great and I really enjoyed it a lot. The post game Platinum clean up did drag on which tempered my feelings for this game slightly, but overall it was a great experience. I will eventually come back to this again to net the PS4 lists trophies, but for now I am glad I got around to it.

1S4da1d9.png40-platinum.png1S4da1d9.png

Platinum 132:

Moonlighter (PS4) (3.97%)

I Adore games like these. This genre is my absolute favourite and I loved every minute of this. The game plays similar to Sparklite and Children of Morta (Same Devs I believe) and it was a great, fun platinum. Beating a few of the bosses without taking damage got a bit annoying but was so satisfying once done and not as hard as the platinum rarity suggests. I am eager to play more games in this genre so if anyone has suggestions of ones I do not own (check my backlog thread) then please let me know!

Edited by Mr_Wright95
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

October 2022 Trophy Update:

1Sf77e48.png40-platinum.png1Sf77e48.png

Platinum 133:

Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms (PS4)

This took a really long time.... I first started this on my ps4 a few years back and was actively chipping away at it for some time. I decided to pick up where I left off and grinded out the rest, but it was a longer grind than I was expecting. I quite enjoyed this however as a whole, but wish this could now be moved over for me to play on my mobile, however this is not possible, so I think my time with this game has come to an end.

1Sff672c.png40-platinum.png1Sff672c.png

Platinum 134:

Hot Wheels Unleashed (PS5)

Thank god they patched this. The game is honestly fun enough, however the post game grind even after the patch was pretty decent, if this never got patched I think it would've just sat on my shelf in my backlog.

The racing etc felt good but definitely dragged toward the end.

1S26652d.png40-platinum.png1S26652d.png

Platinum 135:

Far Cry 6 (PS5)

Honestly it took me a while to get hooked for this Far Cry. I love these games but this one took a while to catch me. Eventually I did get there and did enjoy my experience with this game, but it did feel a bit off compared to other far cry games. I think basic stuff like not needing to unlock watch towers etc made the game feel a bit different to what I was used to. The graphics and the animation was actually awesome and whilst the story was overall forgettable compared to FC3 / FC4 it was still one of the better games I have played lately. 

I also finished up all except 3 Dead Island Riptide (PS3) Trophies, just need to wait for my coop partner to get the last couple done.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

November 2022 Update

As could be expected, November has seen a huge dip in my Trophy Hunting Progress. This can be put down simply to COD Multiplayer + The new Pokemon games dominating my playtime. Also Recently started playing SMMO again which has eaten into some free time as well. With that being said I made a bit of progress on a handful of games, but only 1 Platinum this month.

1Sa53cbb.png40-platinum.png1Sa53cbb.png

Platinum 136:
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Another new Cod Game with a much easier Trophy List than games gone past. Overall a pretty standard list with nothing too crazy. The campaign had a few tedious moments but I actually really enjoyed this iteration of the campaign and found the story quite engaging. Definitely a worthy addition to the COD Franchise and for what it is worth, the Multiplayer has also been pretty fun as well!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 10:48 AM, Platinum_Vice said:

I like so many of the games you've been playing lately! I've been a long-time lurker on your (very well set-out and interesting) checklist. I really like it!1f44c.png

Haha Thanks Mate! What a nice surprise that other people read this random list of games I play.

I mainly have it here as a way for myself to reference what I own / want to buy / want to play, but it is very nice to see others seem to enjoy it too! 

Goodluck with your own trophy hunting journey!!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

December 2022 Update:

After a very slow start to December I had some time off work and managed to smash out a few games. 

1Scc7f43.png40-platinum.png1Scc7f43.png

Platinum 137: 

Batman The Telltale Series (PS4)

Finally wrapped this one up. Really enjoyed it, but was a very stop start experience for me as this took far longer than it should have. I am keen to play the sequel to this game one day. Hopefully I can find a physical copy!

1Sdcd034.png40-platinum.png1Sdcd034.png

Platinum 138: 

Marvel Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5)

After revisiting Spider Man this was the next game in the series to jump into. I felt that the story was pretty good, but did not quite hit for me the same way the first one did. I did enjoy this experience as a whole and the combat felt far more refined, but for some reason I was left longing a bit with this one. Still definitely worth the play, just personally enjoyed the first one more.

1S8b1d14.png40-platinum.png1S8b1d14.png

Platinum 139: 
The Last of Us (PS5)

I will preface this by saying, this is my first time playing this game... WOW. I know there is not much that I can say about this game that hasn't already been said, but what an amazing narrative. First off in a weird way it felt nice to play a very linear story driven game. So many games nowadays focus on the open world genre (which I do like) but for some reason it felt nice to play a game in this style. Secondly the story really did feel impactful. I have avoided spoilers for this game and never got around to playing it solely due to the online trophies which I really didn't feel like doing, so it was a case of a trophy list unfortunately causing me to skip a game. When I saw this games trophy list I knew I had to play it. The relationships this game builds feel so genuine and I really adored my experience playing it. I know I am late to the party, but I am so glad I finally did play it. The only negative I will say was having to follow a guide for the collectibles was a bit tedious and hindered my playthrough marginally, but compared to other games where I have had to do that, this game still felt awesome to play.

1S802b4c.png40-platinum.png1S802b4c.png

Platinum 140:
Deaths Door (PS5)

This is my favourite game I have played in 2022 and the best game I have played since Hades. 

Honestly it is that good. The whole time I played it I was hooked and the difficulty felt just right, not so punishing as to be a crippling experience, but also not so easy to trivialise the gameplay. I did 2x Playthroughs (One with Umbrella) and honestly I was still enjoying it by the end of the game. If you like games in this genre I cannot recommend this more highly and I will have to pick up a ps4 copy (if i can) to give this game another go around in the future. If I can't find a physical ps4 copy, I might just replay it again for fun not worrying about trophies on PS5 (that's how much I enjoyed this game)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

January 2023 Update:

An Absolutely massive month for me with my most platinum's in a month ever! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1Sc5bc2f.png40-platinum.png1Sc5bc2f.png

Platinum 141:
It Takes Two (PS5)

Got back into the swing of playing couch coop games with my partner. She really enjoyed this one and I must say it took longer for me to get into it. By about the halfway mark I was really enjoying it though and I am keen to go back to it again in the future for the PS4 stack. Definitely can see why it is so acclaimed, really great design for a coop game.

1Sb9e6e5.png40-platinum.png1Sb9e6e5.png

Platinum 142: 

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart (PS5)

First of this game looks amazing, Graphically it felt like such a leap since the last Ratchet game in the series, which at the time felt like such a massive leap. As far as gameplay goes, it was more or less the same tried and true Ratchet formula which I did enjoy. The game definitely isn't my favourite in the series, but was a worthy inclusion and im keen to see what direction the story goes from here.

1Sdeaa20.png40-platinum.png1Sdeaa20.png

Platinum 143:

Dead Island Riptide (PS3)

I have finally added this platinum to my list!!! Years ago i played this on another profile but never had a coop partner and because of that I never went for the 100%. Disaster did strike however as this came is quite buggy and to prevent that I backed up my save while playing coop, however when I went to back it up after maybe 2-3 hours and half the story later, I accidentally downloaded my old save, causing me to have to replay have the game again. Overall super glad to have gotten this one, but what a pain in the ass (through my own fault)

1Sdeaa20.png40-platinum.png1Sdeaa20.png

Platinum 144:

Dead Island Riptide: Definitive Edition (PS4)

So I woke up the day after doing the PS3 version and my coop partner hit me up to do this on PS4. Because of having played through this so recently I was able to absolutely speed run through the list and the trophies. As of right now I think I am listed here as a top 10 Platinum speed which is cool! I did enjoy hammering this out again, but I think its safe to say my time with Dead Island Riptide is done. When Dead Island 2 finally comes out, I am ready!!!

1S36d507.png40-platinum.png1S36d507.png

Platinum 145:
Hot Shots Golf 2 (PS5)

Man what a throwback. This is listed on my backlog forum as one of my favourite games from my childhood and I have so so so many fond memories of this game. I actually got this for free as I bought the PS1 version so long ago for PS3, so it was showing as free for me on the PlayStation store (very nice touch from Sony) The replay feature made some of the trickier trophies a breeze, but man I am just glad to have this on my PS5 and my trophy list!!!

1S57bc7c.png40-platinum.png1S57bc7c.png

Platinum 146:
Maneater (PS4)

Second stack of this game. I enjoyed it so much the first time I thought I'd love to do it again. I will say it was pretty bland the second time around, but still, glad to have it done.

1Sa8c389.png40-platinum.png1Sa8c389.png

Platinum 147:

A Way Out (PS4)

I really enjoyed this game. I think having just done It Takes Two really primed my partner and I for this and we really enjoyed it. Wish it had a PS5 stack so we could play it again and I could earn some more trophies, but I am glad we played this one, it was good fun!

1S9f1fbe.png40-platinum.png1S9f1fbe.png

Platinum 148:

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm (PS4)

Really enjoyed this one. I have some of the games on PS3, but have tackled this on PS4 first. Was honestly much faster than I was expecting and I am keen to move over to the 2nd game soon. Naruto is one of my favourite shows / Anime and the games are pretty good. The combat in this didn't feel as refined as the later games, but still good enough to be fun

1S064663.png40-platinum.png1S064663.png

Platinum 149:

Batman the Enemy Within (PS4) 

Managed to find a physical copy of this game which is great! I enjoyed this far more than the first game and I thought the way the game blurs the lines between Batman and Joker was really well done. I really enjoyed the story and with Telltale coming back I hope they continue to make games like this!

1S6967c8.png40-platinum.png1S6967c8.png

Platinum 150:
Cuphead (PS4)

Here we are, Platinum 150. A Massive milestone for me and in turn I wanted to really challenge myself. I went for this knowing that I might not even be good enough to do it, but with some time and effort I felt myself slowly improving. This game is honestly a masterclass and the satisfaction you get as you progress each time is just awesome. I am really proud to have achieved this Platinum and I am keen to tackle the DLC at some point. Really really chuffed with this one!

1Sba6135.png40-platinum.png1Sba6135.png

Platinum 151:

Sifu (PS5)
Going into this game I wasn't too sure what to expect, I was hoping for some awesome combat and I was not disappointed at all. The game was really short which surprised me, but did have a fair amount of replay value. The platinum was pretty straight forward especially with the easier difficulty settings, but when I go for the PS4 stack I am keen to challenge myself now that I have my head around the controls. It was a great game and I did really enjoy it.

1Sddafe2.png40-platinum.png1Sddafe2.png

Platinum 152:
Bunny Raiders (PS5)

Look lets be honest here. This game is pretty shit, but it is free and had a platinum. I wouldn't consider this shovelware, but at the same time it isn't exactly the best on my list. I wanted to give this a go just to see what it was like, it was shit. Will I do the PS4 stack, I am unsure, but hey January was a big month for me and I am proud of that!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

February 2023 Update:

1S1b95b6.png40-platinum.png1S1b95b6.png

Platinum 153: 

Time On Frog Island (PS5)

This game is very cute and I like the art style, but that is about it. To be able to platinum this you pretty much need to follow a guide the whole way through, plus it bugged on me the first time. Glad to own it physically and glad I have the Platinum, but not my favourite game by any stretch of the imagination. 

1S0814cc.png40-platinum.png1S0814cc.png

Platinum 154:

Fallout Shelter (PS4)

This is a good game if you like games in this genre. Whilst progress is slow it is consistent, with this game taking me roughly 4ish months of fairly consistent chipping away at it. I did enjoy my time with it and it is bitter sweet that I have finished as I did enjoy feeling like I was constantly chipping away at a Platinum, even on days I barely had time to game, I could load this up and make some small progress. Great little game and my first Plat in the Fallout Universe.

I also made a good dent into NFS Heat this month, with the platinum not too far away and as you can see from my trophy list, the lack of platinum's and trophies is due to Hogwarts Legacy dominating my playtime (as well as an overall lack of playtime)

• 5 months later...

Boy did my trophy hunting fall off a cliff or what this year!

With that in mind I have come up with a fun and unique way to tackle my backlog in my pending return to Trophy Hunting:

Presenting: The A-Z-Z-A Platinum Challenge

Goal:

To Complete 27 Platinum's in Alphabetical Order, followed by 27 Platinums in Reverse Alphabetical Order (Including a Symbol or Number):

Rules:

• ·         No Shovelware.
  • ·         At least 5 Platinum’s from each Console Era. (PS3, PS4, PS5)
  • ·         Only 1 Platinum Per Franchise.
  • ·         Only 5 Platinum’s allowed with sub 5 Hour Time to Platinum.
  • ·         Platinum’s can be games already started / played in any order, but must be Platinumed in the A-Z-Z-A Order. 

Please note that these rules are self imposed and for the purposes of my own challenge, by all means if you also want to participate feel free to use whichever rules you like!

(With the only essential rule being: Games must be Platinumed in the A-Z-Z-A Order.

Background:

I have been slacking on tackling my own backlog and have not been trophy hunting for most of 2023. I have been toying with this idea and have taken inspiration from the various other A-Z challenges that exist on this site and I thought given the extreme size of my backlog (Link Below) I would be able to do this challenge 2 times over, without needing to buy many games. When mapping out the games I do own, I realised that a handful of letters & the Numbered games might prove tricky. But the below is a rough plan of the games I plan to play to complete this challenge, however this is subject to change. Lastly I expect this challenge to take me a very long time, possibly a year or so, especially given the games I have chosen and the amount of time I have to play games nowadays, so if anyone wants to tackle this challenge, feel free to post your results or progress in this thread. Chances are you will beat me to the punch!

A Link to My Platinum Challenge Post:

Spoiler

My Tentative Roadmap:

Spoiler

If you have any suggestions (games for certain letters, please let me know)

# – 11-11 Memories Retold (PS4) – 6H
A – A Hat in Time (PS4) – 25H
B – Black Mirror (PS4) – 6H
C – Crysis 1 Remastered (PS4) – 15H
D – Dead Island 2 (PS5) – 20H
E – Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (PS4) – 10H
F – Forspoken (PS5) - 50H
G – God of War I (PS3) – 15H
H – Hogwarts Legacy (PS5) – 60H
I – It Takes Two (PS4) – 15H
J – Jak X (PS4) – 15H
K – Keywe (PS5) – 15H
L – Little Nightmares 2 (PS4) – 6H
M – MediEvil (PS4) – 15H
N – Need for Speed Heat (PS4) – 50H
O – One Piece World Seeker (PS4) – 25H
P – Powerwash Simulator (PS5) – 40H
Q – Quest Hunter (PS4)
R – Ratchet and Clank: Nexus (PS3) – 20H
S – Sly III (PS3) – 20H
T – The Last of Us 2 (PS4) – 35H – (175TH Platinum)
U – Uncharted (PS3) – 30H
V – Virgina (PS4) – 3H
W – Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PS4) – 12H
X –  XIII (PS5)
Y – Yokus Island Express (PS4) – 10H
Z  – Zombieland Double Tap – 10H

Z – Ziggy? Unreleased 
Y – Yonder The Cloud Catcher Chronicles (PS4) – 25H
X –
W – Watch Dogs Legion (PS5) – 40H
V – Viewfinder (PS5) – 5H
U – Until Dawn (PS4) – 15H
T – Trover Saves The Universe (PS4) – 10H
S – Stray (PS5) – 7H
R – Rustler (PS5) – 20H
Q – 
P – PGA 2K23 (PS5) – 20H
O – Operation Tango (PS4) – 10H
N – Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution (PS3) – 30H
M – Moving Out (PS4) – 15H
L – Legend of Kay (PS4) – 20H
K – Kukoos Lost Pets (PS4)
J – Jankbrain (PS4)
I – In Sound Mind (PS5) – 15H
H – Hades / Hollow Knight? (200th Platinum)
G – Ghost of Tsushima – 40H
F – Final Fantasy VII? Fallout 4?
E – Endling – 6H
D – Destroy All Humans 2 – 20H
C – Cult of the Lamb – 15H
B – Bloodborne – 50H
A – Ark Survival Evolved / A Plague Tale Innocence
# – 101 Ways to Die – 8H

Edited by Mr_Wright95
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

8/9/23

2 Years since making this list and starting to tackle and track my backlog so lets assess how the last year has gone.

(Please note this is my second yearly update, the first is in the thread above)

Stats:

29 Platinums / 27 Games completed off my list (+2 returned)

1059 Trophies / 2.9 Trophies per day average

75 Games* added to the backlog list (38.6% ratio of games finished on list vs games added) (21 PS+)

*If a game has multiple stacks / free PS5 upgrades it is added as 2 games to the backlog*

Assessment:

Trophy hunting for me was a bit of a mixed bag between 9/9/22 - 8/9/23. First of all I started September 2022 with a lot of positive momentum which culminated in arguably my biggest month of trophy hunting ever... January 2023. This month saw me smash out 10 Platinums however that would prove to be the peak of my trophy hunting for quite some time, with a massive decline in Feb 2023 and then no real progress being made again until late August 2023. My return to trophy hunting late August helped bump my numbers up marginally and my A-Z-Z-A Trophy Challenge I am doing has me fairly motivated to grind so hopefully this keeps me chugging along. 

The main reason for my drop off in trophy hunting was my grind on SimpleMMO (another game) which has culminated in me being one of the premier players within that community. I am still actively grinding and playing that, but splitting my time more evenly now, so I hope my 3rd year of tracking my backlog and games is my biggest yet.

As for the specific trophy goals I set myself in last years post, well... I achieved none of them 😄

9/9/23 - 9/9/24 Goals

Going more modest this year since last year was a failure 😅

40 Platinums

5 PS3 Platinums

An Uncharted Platinum

A Souls Platinum

Until Dawn Platinum

Edited by Mr_Wright95
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Backlog Update - September 2023

First off, I have added a new section to my backlog thread for PlayStation Plus Deluxe. I was lucky enough to win a free 12 month code for PlayStation Plus Deluxe through EB games through my donation to Starlight (A Children's Cancer Charity in Australia) so that was quite fortunate and unexpected! I personally would never ever have upgraded beyond the most basic PlayStation plus as I prefer to own physical games, however with that being said, I will not say no and have curated every game on the service into a list of those that interest me / those that would be enjoyable to platinum. I have left off a lot of the really easy platinum's on the service, however a few look okay so a tentative list has been formed. 

As of writing this I still need to add all the classic collection games that have trophies to this list as well, but that is for another day as this addition to the initial thread already took ages.

I also have not redeemed this 12 month code as yet, as the AZZA challenge below is in full swing, so I will likely wait until this challenge is mostly wrapped up so that I can tackle those games with more focus (rather than my own physical backlog)

AZZA Platinum Challenge Update:

About a month or so has passed since I came up with this idea of achieving 54 Platinums for 54 games in a specific alphabetical / reverse alphabetical order; and the challenge is now firmly underway. Whilst September is not quite finished yet, it looks like September 2023 will likely be my new Personal Best when it comes to raw trophy numbers. As of writing this I have managed 7 Platinum trophies so far, however in reality I have actually finished 4 more games (11 total), but am holding them a few trophies away from Platinum' so that I can continue my alphabetical order. God of War (PS3) is the game I next need to finish and once this is completed I will be able to ping Platinums' H through K.

1Se15864.png40-platinum.png1Se15864.png

Platinum 155: 9 Monkeys of Shaolin (PS4)

This game is a prime example of the beauty of this challenge as it was not a game that I would have ever played if it wasn't for the fact that it started with a number. I actually really enjoyed this game and thought it was overall fairly solid. It was a relatively short experience but I enjoyed my time with it and overall it was a great game to start this challenge with.

1S1ca944.png40-platinum.png1S1ca944.png

Platinum 156: AFL23 (PS5)

Another AFL platinum in the books. For those non Australians this is Australian Rules Football and is something that I have played across the various console generations since I was a child. This game itself was fine with none of the trophies proving to be too difficult. By no means was this game an amazing experience but it was alright for what it was.

1Sfa7879.png40-platinum.png1Sfa7879.png

Platinum 157: Black Mirror (PS4)

This game felt like a Wish Dot Com Until Dawn. That might be harsh criticism but the gameplay elements etc where all fairly minimal. Having to follow a guide for any game really detracts from the experience, but for games like this I feel like it has to be done. I will say the over arching story was fairly interesting, but it didn't really hit the story beats of its TV Show counterpart.

1S656f6a.png40-platinum.png1S656f6a.png

Platinum 158: Clive N Wrench (PS5)

Calling Clive N Wrench a masterpiece is definitely a massive stretch, but for fans of the genre this is a good game. If you are not a huge fan of this genre this would be a terrible experience as it is janky and a bit buggy, but as a fan of games like this I did really enjoy it. So far it was probably the best of the games I have played in my challenge, but I think its safe to say this wont be the peak of the A-Z-Z-A Challenge. If you like this genre do yourself a favour and play it, the platinum is also fairly straight forward which is always nice. 

1S04dc49.png40-platinum.png1S04dc49.png

Platinum 159: Dirt 5 (PS5)

This game was in every way, boring. The "Story" if you can call it that was literally just dialogue between races and the game was basically an arcade racer, however it was not fun. The first few races felt good, but after that it just became a massive grind and with no trophies for earning gold medals on each race etc, there was no reason to even focus or try on each race. Coupling this with the fact that once the grind to finish all events was finished, I still needed to idle races to grind out the Miles needed for a trophy, this was a very bland trophy list and Platinum.

1S2af773.png40-platinum.png1S2af773.png

Platinum 160: Endling (PS5)
Another game that I relied fairly heavily for a guide on, however comparing this one to Black Mirror really shows how a good narrative shines through regardless of story length etc. Endling's ending was able to evoke quite a strong response and despite the fact that I did this platinum in a very short amount of time, it was actually still quite a good experience (even if I had to rely heavily on a guide.) By no means was this game one of my favourites, but it was a solid game and a lot better of an experience than I was expecting.

1S127e08.png40-platinum.png1S127e08.png

Platinum 161: Farcry Classic (PS3)

Allow me to paint you a picture. The year is 2004 and you have just bought yourself the first Farcry game, you pop it in and this game is what awaits you. This would have been an absolutely amazing experience if this was the case for me, however I started this game for the first time in 2023, so I have some thoughts. If I held this game to the standard of today, it would be hard to say this was a good game, however I feel that this wouldn't be fair so I am going to review this based solely through the lens of what the PS3 Era was like. 

Overall this game was a good game. First of all it was a breath of fresh air to play a linear story / mission driven game in 2023 when every game nowadays feels like it is a massive open world. I really really enjoyed the story for what it was, nothing too fancy, nothing too serious, a bit fan servicey, but overall simple and solid. With all of that being said would I personally recommend this game to someone? *Maybe* 

The game suffers from a lot of clipping / load in, loading times are very long even by the PS3 standard and the gun play is mediocre at best. The stealth is beyond broken and not a viable option at all and the graphics are pretty bad, but I imagine they would've been solid for the time. I think this game as a whole is worth playing for fans of the series just to see where the game has come from, I really enjoyed it; but you'd need some patience with it and to be willing to accept its flaws.

That's everything as of right now, the other 4 games I have basically finished in my AZZA run I will include in the next Update when I finish God of War

AZZA Run:

# – 9 Monkeys of Shaolin 
A – AFL23
B – Black Mirror
C – Clive N Wrench
D – Dirt 5 
E – Endling
F – Far Cry Classic

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

February 2024 Update

1S62e1d0.png40-platinum.png1S62e1d0.png

Platinum 162: Tekken 8 (PS5)

So uhhhh, not much trophy progress for a few months since last update, but I am somewhat back on the grind and this felt like a great game to return with. 

One of the most nostalgic series for me and a nice and easy list meant I was able to knock this out in around a weekend. Will likely buy the physical version at some point in the future again, but for now this was a nice return to the grind of Trophy Hunting.

1S332adf.png40-platinum.png1S332adf.png

Platinum 163: Hot Shots Golf 2 (PS4)

Sticking with Nostalgia this was my second time going for this Platinum and whilst a few trophies can be a bit of a pain, I still think it is so cool one of my favourite PS1 games has trophies in 2024! This game is one of many I kept a few trophies off the platinum for my now dead A-Z-Z-A trophy Challenge, so now that this was no longer happening I was able to load it up and ping a bunch of Platinums!

1S230850.png40-platinum.png1S230850.png

Platinum 164: It Takes Two (PS4)

A return to another familiar favourite with my partner and I knocking this one out. Not as fun as the first time but I still have a great fondness for games that allow me to play couch co-op with my partner and this is one of the best. This game is one of many I kept a few trophies off the platinum for my now dead A-Z-Z-A trophy Challenge, so now that this was no longer happening I was able to load it up and ping a bunch of Platinums!

1S4c5bdc.png40-platinum.png1S4c5bdc.png

Platinum 165: Keywe (PS5)

A very proud platinum for me this one is. Another game played couch co-op with my partner, but quite a difficult game at times to be truthful. There was certainly stages at the start I feared this might be beyond our capabilities as a team, but by being able to get through it, it gave me such pleasure. Quite a simple game all things considered but very well designed and an excellent experience. This game is one of many I kept a few trophies off the platinum for my now dead A-Z-Z-A trophy Challenge, so now that this was no longer happening I was able to load it up and ping a bunch of Platinums!

1Se1ae68.png40-platinum.png1Se1ae68.png

Platinum 166: Need for Speed Heat (PS4)

Another NFS Platinum in the books. This one was honestly a massive slog toward the end with so many collectibles and challenges it really started to become a chore. With that aside though the game itself was pretty good; much like most NFS games; and whilst it didn't quite reach the heights of other games in the series, it was still an overall good experience, if only a bit cumbersome to finish up. This game is one of many I kept a few trophies off the platinum for my now dead A-Z-Z-A trophy Challenge, so now that this was no longer happening I was able to load it up and ping a bunch of Platinums!

1Scbce14.png40-platinum.png1Scbce14.png

Platinum 167: Jak X: Combat Racing (PS4)

A game I wasn't too sure what to expect going into it, as historically I am fairly mediocre at Kart racers. This didn't quite play like a Kart racer though and whilst a few races did prove a bit tricky, I found the difficulty and comments many have said about this game, to be overstated (at least in my experience) I really did want to go for this Platinum though as I wanted to tie up the rest of the Jak and Daxter Platinums and so this felt great to tick of the list. Hopefully we get a new Jak and Daxter game at some point, but I am not so sure how likely that will be. This game is one of many I kept a few trophies off the platinum for my now dead A-Z-Z-A trophy Challenge, so now that this was no longer happening I was able to load it up and ping a bunch of Platinums!

1Sc307d6.png40-platinum.png1Sc307d6.png

Platinum 168: Marsupilami (PS5)

As someone that absolutely loves platformers (as a genre) this game just wasn't that good. I know it can be argued the game is designed for kids, but the levels are so trivial for the first 2/3 of the game and then there is a massive spike in difficulty (still not hard) that didn't feel warranted. Having to replay every level twice (time trial + normal run) and some 3 times if I missed anything made this an overall boring experience and not quite what I had hoped for.

There is a slight chance I finish up Powerwash Simulator tonight or tomorrow for Platinum 169 (nice) and if I do I will update this post with that so it is included in my February Summary.

March 2024 Goals: 

I think that every time I write goals here it seems I fail them massively :D but I want to continue on a decent trophy pace this month. My goals are as follows

Finish Tchia (before it leaves PS Catalogue)

3-4 Platinums 

Decide on a good milestone game for Platinum 175

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

March 2024 Update

Now that I am actively trophy hunting again I will be returning to posting reviews / platinum posts per game rather than in bulk meaning this will be my last summary for while with multiple games in one. With that being said March was my biggest EVER month of trophy hunting (with a handful of days still to come) but as I am going camping for Easter, this will likely be all I manage for March.

1S61aa18.png40-platinum.png1S61aa18.png

Platinum 169: Tchia (PS4)

Collectibles the video game. That may feel somewhat harsh as this game does have some charm, but about 75% of the entire playtime is spent gathering collectables. Definitely dragged towards the end.

1S1da5a8.png40-platinum.png1S1da5a8.png

Platinum 170: Nobody Saves the World (PS5)

Absolute banger of a game. Couch coop which I always love meant I could play with my partner and she was also a big fan. Really great game and enjoyed every minute of it. Keen to do the PS4 stack some day soon.

1S1f1d90.png40-platinum.png1S1f1d90.png

Platinum 171: Hot Shots Golf (PS5)

Weird feelings about this game. As a kid Hot Shots Golf 2 is one of the first video games I remember, so finally getting the chance to play this (never had it as a kid) was great. With that being said HSG2 made so many improvements over this game that its fair to say that this was the building block for things to come.

1S129913.png40-platinum.png1S129913.png

Platinum 172: Powerwash Simulator (PS5)

This game was pretty solid but some levels definitely felt like a drag. Overall it was a pretty relaxing experience, but probably not one I would sign up for again, for quite some time. Certainly one of the longer games I have tackled in recent years.

1S0e99a1.png40-platinum.png1S0e99a1.png

Platinum 173: Moving Out (PS4)

Really appreciate that this game is couch coop, but also that they added accessibility options, because without it I feel the difficulty barrier would have turned my partner off it. With how it played with those settings we both had fun and the minigames against each other was some of the most fun I have had in gaming in a long time.

1Sed59f5.png40-platinum.png1Sed59f5.png

Platinum 174: Unpacking (PS5)

Did I do unpacking right after Moving out because they are similar titles? Yes, yes I did. With that being said this game is so well reviewed and praised that it somewhat flopped for me. I think my expectations might have been too high, because to me this game was just fine. I can certainly see the charm, but it just wasn't for me

1S8e3a0d.png40-platinum.png1S8e3a0d.png

Platinum 175: Deaths Door (PS4)

This game was always going to be a milestone platinum for me as the first time I played it (PS5 stack) I realised it was one of my favourite games of all time and probably the best game I have played since Hades. I absolutely adore this game and can not recommend it anymore highly to someone. Please play it if you have not already.

1Sfd880f.png40-platinum.png1Sfd880f.png

Platinum 176: Tinykin (PS5)

This game took a bit of time to hook me. As a huge platformer fan I was worried this wouldn't land for me as the first hour or so didn't really satisfy what I like about the genre. Sure enough though as the game progressed I found myself enjoying it and wishing it was a bit longer. Solid game that doesn't reinvent the wheel, but does a decent job in the genre.

1S9e3df9.png40-platinum.png1S9e3df9.png

Platinum 177: Twisted Metal (PS5)

Never got to expereicne this classic PS1 game as a kid so always knew I would give it a crack once I activated PS+ deluxe. Really solid game that doesn't hold your hand and gets right into the action. Pretty impressed by how fun and simple it was. Really a testament that games should focus on being fun first.

1S0fdfbb.png40-platinum.png1S0fdfbb.png

Platinum 178: Cursed to Gold (PS5) 6% Rarity

One of my rarest Platinums in recent months / years. This game was solid but started to get a fair bit buggy towards the end. The grind for 50 gold idols did not work as intended for me and led to me having to play for a fair few hours trying to solve it. Before these issues I thought it was a great spin on the rogue-lite genre, especially considering it is a golf game.

1S7605dc.png40-platinum.png1S7605dc.png

Platinum 179: Need for Speed Unbound (PS5)

Originally planned to skip this game due to a few painful looking online trophies, but a thread on PSNP made me realise they are pretty doable in the new mode they have added. With that knowledge in mind I started this and really am glad I did. Whilst this felt like a fairly standard NFS game that had some cheap catch up mechanics, the gameplay was solid, the collectables where far better than NFS Heat (less of a grind) and this game really ignited my desire to play more racing games.

1S66d0e9.png40-platinum.png1S66d0e9.png

Platinum 180: Undertale (PS4)

Quirky characters, a unique take on combat and a throwback to games of old. This game didn't quite resonate with me as it has with others, but I can see the appeal and am glad to have finally given it a chance myself. 

1S7a2d2b.png40-platinum.png1S7a2d2b.png

Platinum 181: Sackboy: A Big Adventure

One of my proudest platinums in some time. This game was truly great. Couch coop once again which I appreciated and a well balanced platformer. Beating the Knitted Knight gauntlet is probably a 6-6.5/10 difficulty and I was really happy to finally get this done!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Taking Inspiration from other trophy checklist pages I plan to make a new thread in the coming weeks / months. This will be a massive undertaking but should hopefully spruce up my thread and make it far more interesting / engaging so stay tuned!

With that being said here is my newest Plat!

1Lece7d0.png

platinumPlatinum 182: Wreckfest (PS5)platinum

Difficulty 2/10

Fun 7/10

Time: 22H

My itch for driving games continues to grow. This game felt like a massive throwback to Destruction Derby on the PS1 Era mixed with some racing. The game is pretty straightforward, but dragged for the last few hours which dropped my rating of it from an 8+/10 for fun to a 7. The driving mechanics feel pretty good and the crashing / car damage mechanics feel far better than a NFS game, probably more comparable to a burnout game. 

Edited by Mr_Wright95
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Howdy all!

This Thread is being retired in place of my new and updated trophy checklist

Fear not though! Everything from this thread has been continued in that one (in terms of backlog) but the formatting has been improved and there is far more to see over there (tier list, reviews etc)

Thanks to everyone who commented / liked and followed along with me so far! Hope to see you all over there. 

Edited by Mr_Wright95
  • Like 1