Having the platinum, what's the fastest way to 100% the game without being specially good at the game?

Lezonidas

I platinumed the game 1 year ago. I will be rusty with the mechanics but I wanna 100% the game. I have read some people saying that completing the DLCs in "way of the samurai" is useless because I will have to complete them in "way of the demon" anyway, those people sugest that I should play the main game until finishing the normal game in "way of the demon" and even farm "way of the wise" for a while before playing DLCs. On the other hand there are other people saying that Way of the Demon and Way of the Wise are super hard and I should farm in the DLCs before attempting those, so who is right? What should I do?

In this types of games all recomendations about optimal ways to play when talking about difficulty are very subjetive to the person.

As a player who got the platinum and I don't consider myself a beast in those games I would say "practice on the dlc level until you can doit the hard way".

That what I did in some bosses in the main game. For me Nioh and souls game are more about learning and practice than looking for a route.

Edited by NordicSaiyan
  • Like 1

If you don't wanna spend too much on learning enemies and spending time on grinding gear, you wanna use Living Weapon build.

Yes it's been nerfed a bit and a lot of players will say it's useless now......but it isn't, just requires a bit more planning

You can start with this build from the get go and destroy first boss in 30 secs with no practice.

You have 3 starting Spirits to choose from iirc, one of them has a ability that makes your Living Weapon summon stronger when in Critical Health. THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT, this is what makes the LW still OP!!

With the above, all you need is a supply of Spirit Stones and you're sorted, no need to mess up with grinding, learning enemies that much.

To grind Stones, just repeat levels and keep grabbing them quickly. LW stones eventually loose effectiveness (due to patch), so all you do is as soon as it wears off, use Stones to fill your meter, cast again and repeat.

The difference from before nerf to after nerf is that now LW won't last as long so you just need to use stones to refill meter and summon again!

A lot of players will not advise using this as it will be said it will ruin the game, if you enjoy games the same way they do I guess. But just answering what you asked, fastest way to get through without spending time to get good, LW build is what ya need!!

Outside of that I can't help too much, I vaguely remember it except it's a mega grind! But LW from the start will save many many hours, I used it to cheese the whole game when I did it, buy that's me and I still very much enjoyed it!

Guess some info there for you, you have to play so you will just play/enjoy how you want at the end off the day, but more info is always good ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 09/09/2021 at 8:04 PM, Lezonidas said:

I platinumed the game 1 year ago. I will be rusty with the mechanics but I wanna 100% the game. I have read some people saying that completing the DLCs in "way of the samurai" is useless because I will have to complete them in "way of the demon" anyway, those people sugest that I should play the main game until finishing the normal game in "way of the demon" and even farm "way of the wise" for a while before playing DLCs. On the other hand there are other people saying that Way of the Demon and Way of the Wise are super hard and I should farm in the DLCs before attempting those, so who is right? What should I do?

Before starting the DLC, you should try to unlock NG++ in the main game first to get a better gear (the DLC gears are capped at 150-170 anyway on normal which is useless in WotD) and get used to the new patterns (for instance the Cyclops back attack or the big skeleton 4 spins). Then replay all the main game in Way of the Demon (it took me about 6 hours to do it). Then replay the main game until you unlock Way of the Nioh (took me 10~ hours for both WotW and the main missions of WotN). I played the Twilight missions in Way of Nioh to get ethereal weapons and gears. After that you can finally move on to the DLC in way of the Demon. The first 2 can be done in 5 hours all together. The last one is really tough but still doable once you learn the patterns.

I played Dual Katana with 99 in both Skill and Heart because anyway I will die in one hit if I get caught so better deal a lot of damage every time I hit. Then try to play with a light armor to make dodging easier because the last bosses are just way too aggressive, if you are slow you can't escape their combo. I know some people will suggest spamming the LW but there is absolutely zero feeling of achievement when you defeat a boss by being invincible, it's like these morons boosting trophies, what's the point ... I would say Date the Centipede, Maria, Ryo Hayabuza and the second fight against the 9-tailed fox are the 4 bosses that will require several dozens attempts to be able to read their patterns decently but it's worth it. You get 100% on Nioh all by yourself, no cheat, no help.