Can I Buy Games On Amazon And Ebay?

Praeditos

The PS3 is not region locked. I have multiple games from other regions and everything works fine. The vita is not region locked either. I'm not sure about the PS4 since I didn't import anything yet, but you should be able to import games as well. 

Any game should work, it doesn't matter what region your ps3 is from. If the game doesn't work then it's something wrong with the game itself and you should return it to the seller.

• Like 1

The PS3 is not region locked. I have multiple games from other regions and everything works fine. The vita is not region locked either. I'm not sure about the PS4 since I didn't import anything yet, but you should be able to import games as well. 

Any game should work, it doesn't matter what region your ps3 is from. If the game doesn't work then it's something wrong with the game itself and you should return it to the seller.

I imported an EU game and it works perfectly fine (ps4).

Edited by CasaDeBen
  • Like 1

Yeah It may sound stupid that question! I asked because I bought Uncharted 2: GOTY on PS-Store yesterday and it turned out I could not activate the DLC cause the region for DLC and game did not match. So money out of the window there =/

- Praeditos

Sorry for the late reply. 

I assume you bought an American version of the game. In the XMB you can go to users and create a new user, then sign up with an American PSN account and you can redeem the codes there. They will still work on your main account.

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply. 

I assume you bought an American version of the game. In the XMB you can go to users and create a new user, then sign up with an American PSN account and you can redeem the codes there. They will still work on your main account.

I don`t know, I just bought the one on PS-Store. There are only one uncharted 2 there, atleast that appears on mine.

Yes you can play games you buy from either website, that's where I buy basically all my games. I'd suggest buying from Amazon.uk, they tend to be a lot cheaper compared to Amazon.de for example, also for purchases over £25 you won't have to pay shipping fees. Only specific items are available for this though, as in the super saver delivery stuff.

• Like 1

As somewhat mentioned earlier, the ONLY issue you will encounter when importing games is that the DLC you purchase on your Norwegian account will not work with your imported titles. It's pretty easy to get around though.... if you make a habit of importing all your games from one location, lets say the UK, then just make yourself a UK PSN account and purchase the DLC on that account. You will be able to still play it on your main account, you just need to make the DLC purchase from the same region you got the game from.

I hope that's straightforward enough.

• Like 1

The vita is not region locked either.

One caveat - digital Vita titles bought online from the PS Store are account-locked. So you can't buy a game on the US PS Store and play it on an EU account.

Effectively, so are digital PS3 games. However because we can have multiple accounts installed on a PS3 concurrently, as long as the account that purchased the game is activated on the PS3, you can use that game on any PS3 account.

We don't have that option on Vita - only one account can be active per memory card and it's a dickaround to swap between Vita accounts.

Edited by ant1th3s1s