Wolverine

Abby_TheLastofUs

17 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

I just hope it's more adult oriented. Blood, gore, rage, language - not to neuter Wolverine to Spider Man level (which works well for SM but I think Wolverine should be different)

This. Also, I'm not a huge comic book fan, but I've enjoyed most of the films. It's my understanding that most of the time, things have to get personal for Wolverine to get involved, and sometimes even then it's begrudgingly so. I hope his motivation makes sense and is well told.

Edited by EverythingOnFire

Huge reveal, super hyped, but I can’t help but feel that NYC is the real star of Insomniac’s Spider-Man games and I wonder how they will fill that void in this.

I was half-expecting Insomniac to do a Fantastic Four game set in a 1950s/60s Mad Men era NYC next just so they could keep the location bit still distinguish it visually/tonally from their Spider-Man games.

Out of interest, do Wolverine’s origins even have a prominent location? All I can picture is woodland and an underground base behind a water dam but in my mind that game ends up being a lot like God of War which doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

11 minutes ago, Tsundokuist said:

Out of interest, do Wolverine’s origins even have a prominent location? All I can picture is woodland and an underground base behind a water dam but in my mind that game ends up being a lot like God of War which doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

There was that time he lived in Japan, trained with Samurai, got married and had his soul forged into a sword. Jokes aside, there probably is varied location potential in telling a story over his centuries old life.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

I just hope it's more adult oriented. Blood, gore, rage, language - not to neuter Wolverine to Spider Man level (which works well for SM but I think Wolverine should be different)

21 hours ago, djb5f said:

Yes, like the movies.  I was thinking the same thing.  Story and cutscenes need to be more adult oriented for Wolverine.

6 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Wonder if they will let it be R-rated.

6 hours ago, MiahMamoon said:

just want to no if it will be open world, if it is how do we get around a massive map, just run compared to spider-man thats going to be a pain 

4 hours ago, EverythingOnFire said:

This. Also, I'm not a huge comic book fan, but I've enjoyed most of the films. It's my understanding that most of the time, things have to get personal for Wolverine to get involved, and sometimes even then it's begrudgingly so. I hope his motivation makes sense and is well told.

I have hope that your wishes will materialise as Insomniac shouldn't be replicating Spider-Man, both because the characters are largely different but also because the same game cannot sell four times back to back (Spider-Man, SM Miles Morales, SM 2 and Wolverine) without diminishing returns. 

But on the other hand, Insomniac's latest entries are all very teen-friendly....

Fingers crossed I guess.

This will hopefully be amazing. Much more a Wolverine fan than Spiderman.

Heres hoping the following get added as boss fights:

1. Sabretooth. (I mean duh it has to right?)

2. Magneto (Rip that adamantium)

3. Daken (sonny boy)

4. Cyclops (the jean grey trophy)

5. Omega Red (just a cool badguy with history)

6. Hulk (well that tease might be something)

Honorable mentions: Lady Deathstrike, Silver Samurai, Stryker/Cornelius or some form of Weapon X stuff, Mystique, Deadpool, Gambit.

On 10/09/2021 at 1:38 PM, MiahMamoon said:

just want to no if it will be open world, if it is how do we get around a massive map, just run compared to spider-man thats going to be a pain 

Maybe Nightcrawler will BAMF the player around the map. ;)

Nah, if it is open world, then it will likely have a fast travel feature.

Edited by StewartBros

On 9/10/2021 at 8:38 AM, MiahMamoon said:

-You can go into sprint mode, jump really far and use your claws to climb/wall run (similar to Sunset Overdrive, for the ten people on this site that played that game)

-Ride your bike

-X-Jet sucks you up to fly wherever

-Ride a train/horse/car/whatever is around (it's be funny if for cars he sliced off the roof and 'turned them into convertibles', reference to what he did to Cyclops ride in the 90's cartoon)

-Colossus teleports to you and fast ball specials you across the map

We could probably come up with all kinds of methods all day long.

• 7 months later...