Trophy list

1 hour ago, Vergil said:

How lame!! Removing the hardest trophy from ps3 list

Were you able to get it on PS3? Some of the later levels were absolutely brutal. 

It also didn't really fit with the rest of the list, y'know? Which, I guess, was kind of typical of PS3 lists, especially PSN releases. A 1/4/7 split of gold/silver/bronze with the gold being far more difficult than it had any right to be, haha.

3 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Who asked for this game? 

I'm happy to see the game and the easier list. I played it on PC years back and it was cool but pretty damn hard. The trophy list being downgraded to only requiring one Dhampir and the rest being progression or miscellaneous is very welcome.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Were you able to get it on PS3? Some of the later levels were absolutely brutal. 

It also didn't really fit with the rest of the list, y'know? Which, I guess, was kind of typical of PS3 lists, especially PSN releases. A 1/4/7 split of gold/silver/bronze with the gold being far more difficult than it had any right to be, haha.

Yes i got 100% 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

hmm I've heard that this game has another difficulty besides the original from ps3. Can be beaten in the new difficulty or it has to be beaten in the original one?

I've just started today but I got the S rank trophy on the 1st level on the new (easier) difficulty mode so it doesn't seem like you need to do anything on the original difficulty. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 5:06 PM, GoldenShaka said:

hmm I've heard that this game has another difficulty besides the original from ps3. Can be beaten in the new difficulty or it has to be beaten in the original one?

Got the platinum today. Difficulty has no effect on trophies. Everything can be done on the new rebalanced difficulty.

• Like 2

On 13.9.2021 at 9:13 PM, TheArtfulDimond said:

Got the platinum today. Difficulty has no effect on trophies. Everything can be done on the new rebalanced difficulty.

sounds dope, thinking about starting the game before my vacation. can you tell me how long did it take you to plat the game? are the any missables?

3 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

sounds dope, thinking about starting the game before my vacation. can you tell me how long did it take you to plat the game? are the any missables?

Nothing is missable. All levels can be replayed. Took me around 13 hours. A more skilled player could do it under 10. Only one trophy was really difficult for me to get - the finishing a level without getting hit. 

• 1 month later...

The original was absolute horseshit in terms of difficulty. Glad they rebalanced it with this version, as the difficulty of the original ruined the game IMO.

One of the best things about this game (other than the great art and hot vamp mommy, Rayne) is the soundtrack. It’s one of the first soundtracks by Jake Kaufman, the guy probably most famous for the Shovel Knight music. The music in this game is fantastic, and there’s two versions of each song: a regular version and an 8-bit version; that’s impressive!

The music really has a Castlevania vibe to it. It’s on par with, and in some cases exceeds Symphony of the Night’s soundtrack, which is a pretty controversial statement, I know, but it’s just THAT good. “Sanguine Nightmare” is one of the greatest video game tracks of all time, I think. 

It’s a shame not too many people got to hear much because of the difficulty of the original release, so I’m happy this version was made so more people will be exposed to it’s greatness.

Edited by CookeKeyes
  • Like 1