Uncharted legacy of thieves PS5 remaster

Literally no one knows. It is a re-release so will most likely have a new list. I think it should've just been a patch but Sony likes milking things. Since it isn't a patch, I would hope its only $20 - $30 to get it but again, Sony likes milk.

IMO neither game needs a re-release, just a 60FPS patch. If its a full $70 game, I'll pass. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11-9-2021 at 6:25 PM, JeManquedHygiene said:

Great news, I've yet to play the game.

Getting a new list without the multiplayer DLC trophies, just like they did with the original trilogy, would be the cherry on the cake. 1f602.png

That would be great. I had those U4 MP trophies unearned for 2 years.. Horrible stuff

On 09/09/2021 at 8:24 PM, the1andonly654 said:

There should be a rule that remasters or remakes should be at least two generations apart. Especially at a time when some games from a previous generation still look great, even compared to the new gen. 

Nope, Uncharted 4 doesn't run at 60 fps. A remaster is more than welcome.

2 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

a remaster isn't necessary to achieve this (and charge for it)

several PS4 games have gotten FREE graphical upgrades specifically for PS5

You can't guarantee this game is easily upgradeable. As it was originally planned to release way before even the PS4 Pro release, it might be one of those old games which a patch would be a major rework of the game, as removing a 30fps cap has the potential to completely break those kind of games physics.

I'm fine with a re-release for the newest platform (even if it's paid) because PS5 native games can reach a higher performance potential than a simple update.

On 2021-09-11 at 11:43 AM, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Goodbye PlayStation exclusive. 1f44b.png263a.png

Welcomed change.

2 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Nope, Uncharted 4 doesn't run at 60 fps. A remaster is more than welcome.

I find it hard to believe its not possible to achieve 60FPS with a simple patch like several other games have gotten, for free.

32 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

You can't guarantee this game is easily upgradeable. As it was originally planned to release way before even the PS4 Pro release, it might be one of those old games which a patch would be a major rework of the game, as removing a 30fps cap has the potential to completely break those kind of games physics.

I'm fine with a re-release for the newest platform (even if it's paid) because PS5 native games can reach a higher performance potential than a simple update.

I'm not a fan of PS4 games being remastered for PS5 especially since u can still play the PS4 versions on PS5 anyway

PS3 remasters on PS4 was passable because there was no backwards compatibility 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Welcomed change.

I find it hard to believe its not possible to achieve 60FPS with a simple patch like several other games have gotten, for free.

I'm inclined to believe it's not simple as they took the remaster route instead of patching.

Considering Sony updated many exclusives to run at 60fps on PS5 (Horizon, TLOU2, God of War, Tsushima, etc), Uncharted very likely has a fps cap for the single player portion which was common on games that released up to 2015~2016.

Specially for exclusives, which would run only on base PS4 hardware.

• 2 months later...

According to the description on Amazon,The Legacy of Thieves Collection is just the single player campaigns of both games [ although Lost Legacy was single player anyway ].  So there is no MP or Survival Mode, which imo is better.   It will probably have a separate trophy list as well when it is released.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UNCHARTED-Legacy-Thieves-Collection-PS5/dp/B09N7TWLWK/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=oIzJw&pf_rd_p=8f11551d-960f-46c0-bf38-87c36055c3ff&pf_rd_r=CP22RHCSQB4ER50C1DAC&pd_rd_r=46029620-b304-4ed6-aa4c-7833b82ee779&pd_rd_wg=npDfW&ref_=pd_gw_bmx_gp_c656a6bn

"the UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection includes the two critically-acclaimed, globe-trotting single player adventures from UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End and UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy."