GonzoWARgasm

WARNING - latest update

8 posts in this topic

According to Reddit, the latest update for Surviving Mars causes drastic issues to basic game functions: 

This is unfortunately becoming a pattern with Paradox Games' DLC packs.

I knew there would be a bug or two, given the history of the game but didn't expect it to be this bad.  Seen a lot of reports of colonists and drones getting stuck on depots when grabbing food and then starving to death, bricking your playthrough.

Apparently there is a hot fix being deployed Monday 13th on all platforms so will be interesting to see what that fixes!

Just make sure the if you encounter a bug you bring up the issue on the bugs section of Paradox Plaza and hope there are some swift actions

I haven't played the game yet but I planned to buy it soon because it looks very appealing to me, now I'm worried though..

Does it affect the base game even if you don't own the dlc? Like could I plat the main game first and then buy the dlcs to avoid any problems?

2 hours ago, DaaneS97 said:

I haven't played the game yet but I planned to buy it soon because it looks very appealing to me, now I'm worried though..

Does it affect the base game even if you don't own the dlc? Like could I plat the main game first and then buy the dlcs to avoid any problems?

As I read it appears to affect the most basic functions.

If you purchased a disc you could prevent updates and not purchase any DLC.

Fixes for the new bugs aren't guaranteed. The publisher has a habit of tasking a room of chimps to take over games that the developers have left to move on to new things. Other games from this publisher still have unobtainable DLC trophies from employing this tactic.

* Impossible to build elevator because 1 waste rock unit is stuck on its position

* Occasionally time advancing controls just stop responding, shooting a strange white effect that reveal the entire underground map

* Trying to send a normal rocket to an asteroid crash the game

* Many unbuildable stuff now, even pipes and electric lines, even on clean site

* No calamity at all and too dark night even for me

I tried taking this DLC now because I really like the game but it's a real mess, I just hope every trophy is still achievable (and looking at unlocked ones I think they luckily are).

On 16/09/2021 at 0:53 AM, gafpiratehook said:

* Impossible to build elevator because 1 waste rock unit is stuck on its position

* Occasionally time advancing controls just stop responding, shooting a strange white effect that reveal the entire underground map

* Trying to send a normal rocket to an asteroid crash the game

* Many unbuildable stuff now, even pipes and electric lines, even on clean site

* No calamity at all and too dark night even for me

I tried taking this DLC now because I really like the game but it's a real mess, I just hope every trophy is still achievable (and looking at unlocked ones I think they luckily are).

Looks like another bug fix patch went out today but doesn't address everything yet.  I think I'm going to sit it out another month and see what happens.  They at least seem pretty active on bug fixes

19 hours ago, DrewSol450 said:

Looks like another bug fix patch went out today but doesn't address everything yet.  I think I'm going to sit it out another month and see what happens.  They at least seem pretty active on bug fixes

I'll wait for sure because of Diablo :D