So what's in the free codes that Bandai namco are giving out

Sendai-Horatio

I believe that we got the DLC (costumes and Premium packs) from that code (no other reason why it would be purchased on my account).

Not sure about the themes.

The code from what I understood gives access to the Ultimate Edition of the game (that's what I remember reading when I used the code), but for some odd reason it was added to my download list on PS4 and still shows with a price tag on the PSN store.. so, the digital version we were offered for buying the Limited or Collector's edition isn't exactly the same Ultimate version on the store or something (it's odd..).

I currently don't have access to my PS5, so I don't know if I got the PS5 version digital too (but I should have). Either way, I can't start it before Monday because I will only play it on PS5.

My Pre-order was for the PS4 Hootle Edition, since when I made the pre-order I wasn't sure of how soon I would get the PS5 and it was a free upgrade on PS5 anyway.

4 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I believe that we got the DLC (costumes and Premium packs) from that code (no other reason why it would be purchased on my account).

Not sure about the themes.

The code from what I understood gives access to the Ultimate Edition of the game (that's what I remember reading when I used the code), but for some odd reason it was added to my download list on PS4 and still shows with a price tag on the PSN store.. so, the digital version we were offered for buying the Limited or Collector's edition isn't exactly the same Ultimate version on the store or something (it's odd..).

I currently don't have access to my PS5, so I don't know if I got the PS5 version digital too (but I should have). Either way, I can't start it before Monday because I will only play it on PS5.

My Pre-order was for the PS4 Hootle Edition, since when I made the pre-order I wasn't sure of how soon I would get the PS5 and it was a free upgrade on PS5 anyway.

I preordered the PS5 CE and I just got my code but I clicked through too quickly when claiming the items. I don't seem to have any DLC listed in my transaction history and the only things I seem to have are the PS4 and PS5 edition. Unless somehow the bonus items are claimed through some other means in the game, they're not appearing on the ps4 system under items I've bought.

Granted I've yet to start the game because I want to finish my incomplete games before I start.

I kinda wish they kept the old Purchase history page up, that made it easy to see what individual items you had on your account.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

The code you are getting gives you Ultimate Edition for PS4 and PS5. So you get a bunch of DLC, you can claim in-game, P2W stuff(Yes. literally P2W), SP+2000, Costumes, food materials and so on. Pre-order codes still has to be claimed from Bandai's website (can be seen under your purchase). 

Edited by Zuntenshi

1 hour ago, Zuntenshi said:

The code you are getting gives you Ultimate Edition for PS4 and PS5. So you get a bunch of DLC, you can claim in-game, P2W stuff(Yes. literally P2W), SP+2000, Costumes, food materials and so on. Pre-order codes still has to be claimed from Bandai's website (can be seen under your purchase). 

It doesn't seem to have given me any of the DLC, it doesn't list it as purchased.

If you got the NA collector's edition then the code they gave out didn't have any dlc. Since the EU collector's edition included all the dlc the code they got also included the dlc. Which means a lot of people will have extra dlc codes when they finally get their collector's edition. 

I still find it weird that the game shows a price. When using the mobile app to see my transactions it does show the game and says purchase method was prepaid card and shows the code. Someone on reddit couldn't access the dlc shop in game with his free copy. I can however.

I was thinking maybe they were review codes or something. (Idk how the review codes work, like do they show the game as purchased, can they access dlc or the store?)

But like what Zuntenshi said the pre order bonus code has to be gotten from your Bandai Namco account.

^Ah yes. That makes sense. Forgot NA doesn't get the DLC at all for some weird reason. 

Also yeah. It shows a price for me as well, so I imagine we may have gotten some special version like a review code or similar. And for EU folks in case people cannot see your DLC to claim in-game, try to restore license. I did and suddenly it all showed up and I could claim it in-game. It seem sort of buggy with the code.

7 hours ago, Zuntenshi said:

^Ah yes. That makes sense. Forgot NA doesn't get the DLC at all for some weird reason. 

While we don't get the dlc our CE is also cheaper. So if we buy all the dlc it would just about even out.

Anyone figure out the Vacation Hootle doll from the demo? Bandai Namco told me how but it doesn't show on the store and since we can't access the store with the free code version I can't do it that way either.