Autopop does still work

• 5 months later...
On 9/11/2021 at 2:46 PM, totallycrushed said:

As a side note, the leaderboards never went down. They've always been up. Even the original release still has the LBs up. 

Well there's evidence that suggests the servers were done for some time in 2020, or at least that the servers are finicky:

• Nothing was synced when I tried in Mar 2020
  • Someone on PST reported that his data didn't sync when he did the 2nd stack (Apr 2020), but it synced for his 3rd (July 2021)
  • Another guy on PST reported stats not syncing, but this was in 2017
  • Not entirely related, but there are other reports of the social hub resetting stats

My social hub stats have been overwritten with my EU stats (from when I played for 1h in 2020 to try autopopping the trophies), which sucks because I have saves of >250 PS4 games backed up, yet not one of them is from when I platted Sleeping Dogs (NA) in 2015 ?

I see that you autopopped your NA award trophies a year after you started it, but I'm assuming that's just because you still had your EU save handy to re-sync the completed awards...

I'm probably shit outta luck, but am open to ideas if anyone has any 

7 hours ago, hore said:

I see that you autopopped your NA award trophies a year after you started it, but I'm assuming that's just because you still had your EU save handy to re-sync the completed awards...

I'm probably shit outta luck, but am open to ideas if anyone has any 

I did not have my EU save. I don't keep most of the saves when I'm done with a game. The servers have always been up and your awards are tied to those servers. If you have issues connecting to them, change NAT type or go DMZ.

Trust me I lost hope too halfway through NA stack but saw Tranquilu's comment and tried that method and worked perfectly. Twice with both NA and AS stacks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

I did not have my EU save. I don't keep most of the saves when I'm done with a game. The servers have always been up and your awards are tied to those servers. If you have issues connecting to them, change NAT type or go DMZ.

Trust me I lost hope too halfway through NA stack but saw Tranquilu's comment and tried that method and worked perfectly. Twice with both NA and AS stacks.

I'm assuming I can skip the first step of getting the 5 DLC golds offline if I only care about the plat, right?

Yesterday I earned a gold medal in DLC #2 (pull over 600 cars with police sirens), but nothing popped even though I was connected to the servers.

I also went on the NA version and created a new save, and the social hub was showing my EU stats that were basically empty (1 gold medal in base game)

22 minutes ago, hore said:

I'm assuming I can skip the first step of getting the 5 DLC golds offline if I only care about the plat, right?

Yesterday I earned a gold medal in DLC #2 (pull over 600 cars with police sirens), but nothing popped even though I was connected to the servers.

I also went on the NA version and created a new save, and the social hub was showing my EU stats that were basically empty (1 gold medal in base game)

No. You have to do as said in the quick guide. The old method of just doing the Year of the Snake awards that's mentioned in almost every thread and also mentioned that it doesn't work anymore for some reason.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/09/2021 at 7:46 PM, totallycrushed said:

After you got the 5 awards trophy of that dlc, you can turn on the internet and start the game again...

Let me get this straight... after getting/earning the :bronze: Cursed Gold (Achieve 5 Gold Awards) trophy I can switch back to playing online? ... or does it mean I have to earn ALL 5 trophies on the DLC before I can do that? I know it's the former but I really want to make sure and not mess up and miss this golden opportunity to set-up the auto-pops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eispan said:

Let me get this straight... after getting/earning the :bronze: Cursed Gold (Achieve 5 Gold Awards) trophy I can switch back to playing online? ... or does it mean I have to earn ALL 5 trophies on the DLC before I can do that? I know it's the former but I really want to make sure and not mess up and miss this golden opportunity to set-up the auto-pops.

Yes so do that one offline in the DLC 1 and then turn your internet on again and start DLC 2.

• Like 1

Thanks Crushed... just Smiley Cat boss fight left and I'll be on to the next DLC.  This thread is a life saver, so thanks again for bringing this up!

EDIT: Wehey! I second @totallycrushed that autopops work in 2022! I remember trying this for my second PS4 (NA) stack and only got a few trophies in this weird order - Slight Silver (5 Silver stat awards), Gold Rush (5 Gold stat awards), Strike Gold (1 Gold stat awards) with the other trophies in their sets missing and had to redo all stats in the end just to get them, particularly Pure Gold (30 Gold stats awards). I must've done things the wrong way.

I followed what was suggested in the OP and got all 7 trophies to autopop including the 30 silver stats and 30 gold stats awards trophies while playing the Year of the Snake DLC, specifically at Mission 6: Transit Security.  All I did was go for one of the stats I haven't completed on my previous run - stun and arrests and the trophies popped.  I don't think I even got bronze stats on these ones, so consider me lucky!

So the formula shared here is the right one:

1. Play Nightmare in North Point OFFLINE and get all the trophies and gold stat awards. Basically 100% the DLC offline.

2. Play Year of the Snake ONLINE and earn awards on stats you haven't gotten yet - bronze, silver or gold... this will most likely be stun gun attacks, arrests and/or gas attacks.

3. Autopop 7 trophies: Slight Silver, Substantial SilverSolid SilverStrike Gold, Gold RushGolden Rush including the most important of the lot Pure GOLD

Finally got this out of the way for the fourth and last remaining Sleeping Dogs PS4 (AS) stack.  Can't deny that I'm über chuffed to bits with the outcome.  Thanks to all who have shared their inputs in this thread.

Edited by Eispan
... striked gold with the autopops...
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 2:54 AM, Eispan said:

2. Play Year of the Snake ONLINE and earn awards on stats you haven't gotten yet - bronze, silver or gold... this will most likely be stun gun attacks, arrests and/or gas attacks.

Do I need to close the game before switching online?

Also, is the AS stack in English?

Thanks. :)

On 4/2/2022 at 3:54 PM, Eispan said:

Thanks Crushed... just Smiley Cat boss fight left and I'll be on to the next DLC.  This thread is a life saver, so thanks again for bringing this up!

EDIT: Wehey! I second @totallycrushed

So the formula shared here is the right one:

1. Play Nightmare in North Point OFFLINE and get all the trophies and gold stat awards. Basically 100% the DLC offline.

3. Autopop 7 trophies: Slight Silver, Substantial SilverSolid SilverStrike Gold, Gold RushGolden Rush including the most important of the lot Pure GOLD

Finally got this out of the way for the fourth and last remaining Sleeping Dogs PS4 (AS) stack.  Can't deny that I'm über chuffed to bits with the outcome.  Thanks to all who have shared their inputs in this thread.

So, this method works between platforms or you guys are talking about many stacks from the same platform?

I 100% the ps3 US version years ago, then I platinumed the Ps4 US version but never touch the dlcs. 

So, does this method of autopping dlc#2 trophies after getting all dlc#1 offline would work for me? 

40 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Do I need to close the game before switching online?

Also, is the AS stack in English?

Thanks. :)

HK AS has menus, subs in Cantonese, X and O swapped. Audio is in English.

No need to close the game in between.

6 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

So, this method works between platforms or you guys are talking about many stacks from the same platform?

I 100% the ps3 US version years ago, then I platinumed the Ps4 US version but never touch the dlcs. 

So, does this method of autopping dlc#2 trophies after getting all dlc#1 offline would work for me? 

Many stacks same platform. Autopopping won't work for you since you've never done them once. 

Edited by totallycrushed
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

Like what TC has said, we need to have statistics recorded/saved on the online servers, so this means we should have already played the game prior to making the stack.  On your question if the PS3 stats would work on the PS4, theoretically that would be a yes BUT I personally haven't tested this like that - only on PS4 Definitive Edition stacks have I done this.

I also believe that the autopopping works ONLY for the base game and not the DLCs.  I tried the reverse on what has been suggested here during my second stack by playing the base game first then DLCs last and only a random three trophies from the Solid Silver/Pure Gold stat trophies popped... But when I did this new method, I finally got to autopop all 7 stat trophies by playing the DLCs first.  So based on what you have mentioned with the DLCs still left unplayed, I am doubtful that any of the DLC trophies would autopop.

Perhaps you could still try it regardless and share the outcome here?

Edited by Eispan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, lucky0ne16 said:

is this safe to do, will we get reported for doing this ?

It is safe. Plenty of players have done it. Besides, it is not against PSNP's leaderboard rules.

• In-Game Glitches/Exploits - [Note: Do not confuse this with external system exploits.] Usage of glitches performed within the game environment are allowed. Since these can be found accidentally by anyone, it's not considered cheating. Online glitches and exploits possible within the game environment are also allowed. (e.g moving through walls, going out of the map)

• Like 2

thank you i will do it, is it just all the golds in the dlc or some of them in the year of the snake, does this work for the chinese copy of the game as well ?

• Like 1

yeah i did both stacks before the one i have now, so do we earn all gold on dlc 2 also or just a few of the awards,  i am confused on how many gold we do on dlc 2

Edited by lucky0ne16

23 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

all 5 gold awards.

thank you, let me get this clear both dlc;s we do every trophy and every gold award for dlc 1 offline and 2 all gold online

Edited by lucky0ne16

5 minutes ago, PLATnumb-- said:

I got the plat on the ps3 in 2014.  I want to play the definitive edition and am curious if my trophies will autopop- or if it's separate since this is the definitive edition

As much as I know, the autopop only works if you've completed at least one of the three PS4 trophy lists.

Edited by zizimonster
fixed typo

Just now, zizimonster said:

As much as I know, the autopop only works if you've completed at least one of three PS4 trophy sets.

Appreciate you.  Yeah, I double checked and it was ps3. What's funny is I can't find sleeping dogs digitally on the ps store on ps5.  But I found it on store.playstation.com - kind of weary to get it from there though since it doesn't show up on the console.  Happen to have run into that before?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PLATnumb-- said:

What's funny is I can't find sleeping dogs digitally on the ps store on ps5.  But I found it on store.playstation.com - kind of weary to get it from there though since it doesn't show up on the console.  Happen to have run into that before?

Sorry I can't comment on that since I don't own a PS5, and I have always bought games from the PlayStation webstore.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @totallycrushed, could you give me a hint how I could get the autopop of the stats working?

I played the PS3 version in 2013 to 100% and the PS4 EU version in 2015 also to 100%. Yesterday I started the US version of the definitive edition OFFLINE and complete the whole first DLC. Afterwards I closed the game, turned the internet connection on again and played through the whole second DLC. I achieved the gold stats in the second DLC for moving cars which having the alarm on and also the electrocute which I didn't received in the EU version. But I didn't get any autopop yet. I started the main game and checked the social hub there. The stats for me are all empty/zero but I could view the stats of my friends list which played any version (mostly EU).

Anyone with any tips or ideas what I could try to get the autopop working?

Thanks in advance.